1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Watch... Fug Me!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Great game at Crystal Palace, Liverpool just scored a penalty to go 1-0 up. Game so fast, thought Palace looked good, one of our targets for points, but look streets ahead. Former player Zaha, looks like an entirely different player, from the one that was with us...mind you, that was four years ago....one for the future. Lots of tackles being penalised these days, tackles look good, but the “follow through” catches them out. I played against Powell Duffryn at Pontcanna fields many years ago, when I experienced a “follow through!” My mother took care of that though! :emoticon-0103-cool:

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Promising Liverpool player Salah looked the business, why the Fug did we not go for him? :emoticon-0103-cool:

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Fug knows!!!

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

It will be all about staying out of the bottom 3 this season....It's going to be hard but not impossible......Warnock i will be surprised if he is still with you in January as he is a bit out of his depth as anyone can see....

5. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Don't know if you are having a bit of a wum there Dai, but I think NW has looked fine so far. The last couple of signings were good and the overall shape we have been using is fine. Just need to work together more and get the midfield used to playing together, and I think we can start to create more chances.

So I can't see how it is possible to say NW is out of his depth yet. I am pretty sure he will be here all season as there probably isn't anybody better to bring in anyway.

Our goal will be to finish 17th. No doubt about it. I can't think of anybody better then NW to try for that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Oldsparkey and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dai - it's all about being out of the bottom three at the end of the season not during it pal.

Putting points on the board early is always a good thing but if we're not cut adrift with a dozen games to go, Warnock will be best placed to see it through.

He's no invincible guru as some see other Prem managers, but he'll extract the last ounce of energy and ability out of what we've got. He got us up that way and he'll keep us up the same way - wouldn't want anyone else at the sharp end of the season.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

This thread should be more active surely?

Are Fulham beginning to show their money was well spent OR are Burnley going to struggle?

Didn’t see Watford game but some pundits reckoned they’d struggle were way of the mark. Palace?

Newcastle looked average again today but at least scored.

West Ham are bottom but have had difficult fixtures. Can’t see them being bottom for long though.

Oh and City are the only team out of the 92 not to notch this season<yikes>

8. BluefromBridgend

There's always the Arse next week. No wucking forries. <ok>

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Four goals from Fulham, wow! Burnley letting in a few too many, has the Dyche bubble burst...doubt it! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Newcastle could struggle....is Benitez the most miserable sod in top class football?
    <party>Nah says Wannky, Mourinho defo!

10. BluefromBridgend

Welcome back boys. Masky and me have missed you.

11. ninian opinion

Spurs on the break are frightening <yikes>

12. BluefromBridgend

No Son or Lamela either.

Mourinho for the chop if the Mancs lose it?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. BluefromBridgend

Stat for tonight with Kane notching at Old Trafford.

CCS is now the only current Prem League ground where Harry Kane has not scored.

14. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Big defeat for Mourinho 0-3, only two places above us. He shook the other managers hand nearly a minute before the end...what a twat! Stood there clapping a small section of the crowd, everyone else had left, never happens at the CCS, :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Good game! <party>Mighty Spurs!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

P45 for Mourinho!!!!

16. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Saw this, thought of a few on here! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning." Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble. "Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong." She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive if the ice cream truck hadn't come along."

<party>Cracker that Wannky! <party>Wonder who he was thinking of!

17. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

It was a fire engine when I heard that joke!!!!

18. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Well, on the pessimistic side pals, with Newcastle, Southampton and West Ham playing today, we could be in the relegation zone after 3 games. As my memory recalls, we didn’t enter the relegation zone under Malky Mackay (sacked 27th December, 16th position). Last time when we got in it under OGS, we never got out! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  19. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

A long way to go Masky. A lot of misery on here lately and many, if not all, questioning some of NW's decisions. Having seen all three games I can only hope he abandons his view that it's okay for the opposition to have more possession, we will get stuffed in this league with that approach. We need to take the game to the opposition more and try and keep the damned ball. Too many times we've lost the ball and seemed happy for the opposition to come at us.
    No more hoofball, we need to control the pace and tempo with the ball at our feet. Easier said than done with the next few games against top quality opposition, but let's have a bit more about us from here on in.

Sincerely yours.
    Frustrated, Thailand.

Oldsparkey and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  20. ninian opinion

Well City aren’t in the bottom 3 but face 2 incredibly daunting fixtures.

In hindsight should really have at least 5 points by now.

Burnley at home looks a massive game even at this early stage.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018