1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Ok look like it's another fly-over one into the sea on the other side

Initial BBC report flashed up like it could've been at a target or a nuke #fakenews #hyperbole

This is gonna cause even more trouble

2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I'm not sure how NK will ever be "resolved". There really doesn't seem to be a solution. I hope if it comes to war they fire the first shot so that China is unlikely to back them.

I almost suspect they are goading the US to start a war thinking that there best hope is getting China to attack us in retaliation.

3. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Best hope is for a coup from inside N Korea from the sections of the ruling class and the military who are opposed to Kim and want a relationship with the wider world which can then insight a general mass public uprising and oust him and his supporting regime and supplant him with a more tolerant, open government that wants dialogue with the UN and ceases the aggression, ultimately leading to the country becoming normalised

The majority of regular citizens in that country are as we know oppressed and living in poverty and secretly hate the restrictions imposed upon them but have to stay silent and keep up the facade of worshipping the dear leader

Problem here is it obviously needs somebody to be the first to break cover which nobody really wants to do as they would be the first to fall, plus Kim's regime has all the resources and would most likely quash it ... look what happened in Turkey when they tried to oust Erdogan, that was put down easily

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Oh there is a clear solution.....

This is one where this lot are fairly useless to most former allies and a state paranoid to extreme.

The first solution is the Kim family is taken out and finally the real power stands up. Military men.

It's fairly ridiculous South Korea has not moved it's capital South but there you go. They have chosen to live and thrive in artillery range.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

I agree. If north Korean actors simply followed the Chinese model of party leadership and ended this figure head mad emperor ****e then all would be well.

However imo Kim is a mad figurehead put up by the true power in north Korea. The army.

There is no way a 3 generation family retains power with iron grasp this long. It's the army running the place using the family as figurehead and picking and choosing between then.

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  6. Milk not bear jizz

Unfortunately a coup could also end up triggering a war if it isn't swift and immediately successful.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

if the top generals do it then it would be. its just a policy call... shift the clown family off the board and overnight become china mark ii.

they are so fearful of everyone looking south and wanting that that i doubt they will.

8. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Depends what we mean by war ...

Civil war in North Korea between rival factions

Civil war triggered between North and South Korea due to a destabilised North

Or a larger scale war that drags in other associated powers / backers of North and South

All are bad outcomes and would result in destabilisation and quite a bit of destruction and/or something really catastrophic happening

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Dunno...

In the end 95% of this sabre rattling is purely self interest. Does anyone really think.north Korea wants to seriously attack anyone?

10. Milk not bear jizz

Any war involving NK or SK will get the US involved. Bound by treat to do so. (A NK civil war would end up involving the South).

Almost any war involving the US the UK will get involved in. When was America's last war that the UK wasn't also involved in?

Unless the North throws the first punch, any war could very well include China... And that's scary.

A coup that leads to war in NK would lead to SK and US involvement. As I said, it would need to be swift and successful for it to help.

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

'Nam?

12. moreinjuredthanowen

I thought there was some amount of involvement .. training and pacification techniques learned through oppressing various parts of the world.

13. Milk not bear jizz

I think we had covert operations going on too within Vietnam. No direct conflict, but we certainly supported America.

14. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

China literally doesn't know what to do....

Originally they'd have taken it themselves but yanks stopped that...then they encouraged the cult of the individual which was their game at the time.

Unfortunately now China can't depose or allow to depose the Kim family...the entire structure is based on it. The NK military knows this ...the control of the population is based on that cult. China didn't replace that cult overnight themselves...it took 40 years.

China knowing this will not support a coup because they will end up with a no win. Can't take control of the region without conflict with US and can't let it fall in isolation because they'll have a hundred thousand+ refugees.

Only way it works is if the US tells China they can have the north unopposed....never happen.

15. DirtyFrank

This cheered me up lol

Check out @RealJoshPacheco’s Tweet:

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, real fascism in action <ok>

17. Milk not bear jizz

Obviously don't like Nazis but at the same time can't agree with the use of violence.

Diego likes this.
  18. DirtyFrank

Mweh....nazis should always be knocked out....**** em...

You're not born into Nazism, it's not genetic.

It's a doctrine that is directly responsible for the deaths of 60 million people. It's continued existence in its aims and ideology is a threat to the world.

I'd rather not wait until there's enough of the ****ers that they run a country ....oh wait.

Anyway, see a Nazi ....knock the Nazi out.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  19. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

I accept we have a right wing government, but they are a million miles away from being on a par with the Nazi's

20. DirtyFrank

<laugh>