1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pressure building on JB

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Pressure released on JB.

We scored good goals, although I thought we were quite unconvincing for large parts of the game. At least he played his strongest available 11 and his subs actually influenced the game rather than doing nothing. I like seeingAnderson/Evans/Collins/Thomas/Nicholson/Saunders up front. So much more mobile and more of a threat than old Pitman.

But as we’ve already seen, one swallow doesn’t make a summer. We could easily go back to the bad old ways at Bradford. Hopefully we’ll put a run together and JB will turn the corner just in time for him to be sacked for being found guilty in one of his upcoming court cases! <laugh>

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I've got a feeling that Thomas will create a lot of goals, and now that Nicholson's back things seem a lot more positive. This league's wide open really, and if the lads can put a run together they'll be in the mix before we know it.

GreatWesternGas and Bluebaldee like this.
  3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Couldn't be bothered to start a new thread for this

Clint Hill has joined Hartlepool on a permanent basis according to Bristol Live

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Interesting to see this as Hartlepool is just slightly closer than Bristol to where he lives. So leaving us for family reasons when he will be missing from them just the same as missing from them when he was in Bristol. So wonder what the real reason was for leaving us.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just hope Nicholson doesn't get injured again.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  6. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Have you heard the Bristol Rovers managers latest interview?

Goes from describing the team as musical chairs, someone gets in does well and then gets suspended, someone gets in does well gets injured, someone gets in does well for a game and then has a HOLOCAUST, a nightmare, a disaster.

My goodness, he certainly has a way with words

old timer likes this.
  7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

He’s a complete ****.

I wish he’d go away.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. Gastronomic

Can't be long now to these court cases.

9. old timer

Gastro November 16th on the assault charge of the Bradford manager Stendel and December 17th in Wimbledon magistrate courts for the assault on his wife

10. Gastronomic

Home to Tranmere and away to Scunthorpe...I wonder who will be in charge?

11. old timer

After describing Rovers performance like the holocaust and with the club not responding according to the WDP Joey Barton, more on Bristol Live

12. Gastronomic

Barton needs to apologise for that comment asap.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  13. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

The Jewish community has not reacted well to our idiot’s words:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474

So that’s Jews and victims of domestic violence our club has managed to offend over the past couple of months, with both making the national press.

Is anyone actually in charge? Starnes? Wael?

I’ve had a gutsful of that prick dragging our club through the sewer and being a completely useless manager. They won’t get a penny more off of me until he’s gone.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  14. old timer

Bristol Councillor Fabian Breckels who is an associate member of the Jewish Labour Movement said that Barton should conside his future as manager of Bristol Rovers, he has also criticised the club who have so far refused to comment on Barton's comparison.

How much more does he have to drag Rovers name through the mud before they take ACTION

Wooperts_duck and Bluebaldee like this.
  15. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Strikes me that now the 'Holocaust' comments have made the national news and are being widely reported across BBC Sport amongst others, with pressure building on Barton 'to consider his position as manager', IF he was to buckle under and resign, it would save him the embarrassment of being sacked if found guilty at either of his court cases, it would save Wael the awkwardness of having to admit he got it wrong initially and end up replacing him, and it would remove him from BRFC and allow us to start again with new leadership that just might stand a chance of getting some type of consistency and desire from this squad. Could be a win/win all round!

Makemstine Roger and Bluebaldee like this.
  16. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

It’s quite strange that there’s been no club statement at all on this matter.

They were fairly quick to apologise for the “victimless crime” faux pas they made about Barton’s alleged punching of his partner, but not a dickybird about this latest debacle.

There could be something happening behind the scenes....

17. old timer

FA say there are no reasons to charge JB in relation to the holocaust comments. as reported in the Telegraph sports pages also reported in the Star and Daily Mail

18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I certainly don’t think he should be charged with anything, it’s simply that his comments are insensitive to the Jewish community. He should have apologised.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  19. old timer

Footballers bend the knee against discrimination and that should be against belief as well as colour. The holocaust is a stain on the Jewish community and shouldn't be treated as a joked by some body who cannot choose his words carefully

Bluebaldee likes this.
  20. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I tend to agree - I am convinced it's more a case of an ill advised and thoughtless analogy that he used, and was not meant as an inflammatory or deliberately offensive comment - unfortunately as we repeatedly see evidence of nowadays, when speaking publically, you have to choose your words and phrases extremely cautiously for fear of upsetting someone somewhere! Sadly in this day and age, it seems whatever words you use will inevitably annoy or upset someone, whether you intend it or not, and you would have hoped that anyone in Barton's position who thrives on making public statements and giving interviews on a regular basis, would be well aware of the many pitfalls that can come with an unguarded or careless comment. An apology to anyone offended might have defused the situation fairly quickly but now it's probably going to roll on for ages! By not apologising or showing any remorse for his error may well prove to be his undoing eventually. Incidentally, did anyone see that new programme on BBC 1 last night called 'The Offenders? There was a bit in there that showed someone referring to someone else as 'a coloured person', and being told off for not saying 'person of colour' instead, as this is now the politically correct terminology apparently. The complainant was then offered £1000 if they could explain what the difference was - Although this was a meant as a humourous exchange, I did find myself thinking that this is typical of the times we are living in now, and it pays to be careful what you say to others!

Makemstine Roger and old timer like this.