1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Preston North End V Norwich City FC Kick off 15:00 Saturday 14th January 2023

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Jan 13, 2023.

?

Who shall win ?

1. PNE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Draw

44.4%
  3. NCFC

44.4%
  4. Reading

11.1%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Content to follow

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

Complete waste of wages and loan spot unless we have an agreement to sign him permanently for a minimal fee in the summer

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Hayden has been a huge disappointment, mainly because of his continual injuries, but his 8 starts and 4 sub appearances have been average except one good game against Rotherham. Hopefully we haven't been paying his full wages.

Meanwhile Okay Yakuslu is West Brom's top rated player on on loan from Fulham. He's rated at 7.22 over 22 games with 3 goals as well. If only.

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

He’s not on loan I don’t think?

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

According to Transfer market Hayden has 3 years 11 months left on his contract.

Can't see us signing him permanently I'm guessing some genius didn't put a clause in to return him if he isn't fit, which was pretty stupid as we signed him injured recovering from surgery.

Just buy a ****ing DM there's not even any rumours just more bloody wingers , with Tzolis Rashica Martin Mumba out on loan and Placheta back injured .

Years I've been screaming from the rooftops to buy a DM especially after Skipp returned to Spurs

6. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

themaclad likes this.
  8. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

themaclad likes this.
  9. SuffolkCanary

You need to step your game up Dunc <laugh>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

Yep, we loaned Hayden recovering from surgery injured without a clause to return him.

Ridiculous.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23248251.norwich-city-wagner-cantwell-hayden-mumba-tzolis/

From the contract situation there is no chance to cancel this loan. And in terms of his injury, I met Isaac on Thursday. He had a surgery on his knee and at the minute it's not really clear to predict 100pc how long it will take, but it looks like at the minute we will have to assess it every four to eight weeks.

It looks like that for the last games of the season he can be ready to be back on the grass. Hopefully, we have more than only the 20 league games in front of us.

So this is why we decided, okay, we try everything to get him healthy and fit as soon as possible, because maybe this can be the final push which we need at the end of the season. And this is how we wanted to deal with Isaac Hayden now moving into the future.

Tzolis

It was great that I was able to meet him (the Greek winger was back at his parent club recently to continue his rehab after a knee injury). So he trained with us once because he was in the building when I arrived but, unfortunately, there is no clause in the contract that we can call it back (in January).

This means he will stay at Twente until the end of the season and hopefully he gets a lot of minutes and good games under his belt.

Mumba

Obviously his name has been mentioned and I’ve seen some clips of him as well. At the minute my first impression of our full backs is good, is very good. It only makes sense if we call him back that he gets the game time.

If he can't get it with us for the second half of the season, then we have to make sure to think about would recalling him be the right move?

Or should he progress how he has done so far, and he's done great. More minutes, more good games, maybe winning a promotion as well, which is always crucial for a young lad. So we will think about this and especially Stuart will make a good and smart decision on him as well.

Incomings or outgoings this month?

Listen, it's football. Nobody knows what happens in the next three weeks. Hopefully, everybody stays healthy. Maybe Real Madrid ask for one of our players and we have to sell. Nobody knows. Let's calm down, we all together know that in the transfer window nobody knows what happens.

What I can say is what I've seen in the first week makes me very positive. We have players who are open minded to try to get my message on board. They don't do everything right, this is correct, but they can't. But they have the willingness to try it. And now we have to see who is able to adapt, how quickly, and hopefully all of them can do it very quick.

And then we have to see what happens in the next two or three weeks. I like to leave this very open.

Good for you guys. Every press conference you can ask me the same question.

But at the end of the day, everything what I say now, if I rule anything out or not, it looks like this is not serious. And I like to keep it

DHCanary likes this.

11. SuffolkCanary

Interesting for him to say we have 3 top quality strikers while discussing Pukki and Sargent. Who is the third in his mind? Hugill or Idah? Does this mean Hugill is off to Reading?

12. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

The context of that comment made clear it was Idah.

13. SuffolkCanary

14. RiverEndRick

No, but I meant that we could have tried to sign him instead of Hayden last summer.

15. Canary Rob

Ah sorry, I see. In theory yes, but I think West Brom had wrapped him up with the loan before that so I think we need to be realistic about what could have been!

And I wouldn’t be surprised if their wage budget stretches higher than ours too. That’s the one major unknown when we look at other team’s player buying and wonder “what if”

16. RiverEndRick

The best time would have been before our last PL season when he had returned to Turkey from his Fulham loan. We could have offered another year in the PL back then. Instead we went for Normann, a partial answer at best.

17. Canary Rob

True, though only with the benefit of hindsight. Normann was excellent until his injury. That summer also was horribly disrupted and we were frankly deeply unlucky. To stay up, you almost always need a strong start.

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

Pretty sure Smithball would have sucked the life out of any decent player like our entire squad and new signings

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

20. DUNCAN DONUTS