1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Priestfield Stadium Mystery

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by calydon_road, Jul 22, 2011.

1. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/21/gillingham-buy-back-priestfield-stadium

very strange. cant work out what i think is going on here.

scally doesnt strike me as loaded enough to drop 9M in one hit. equally it doesnt make sense that he donated like this as the loan will have cost his holdCO a fair amount of money in interest i imagine.

i reckon he is fresh outta cash and needs immediate injection of funds. i also imagine that the title to priestfield has not been transferred absolutley to the football club.

sad...i hold no illwill against the Gills. it just smacks of something untoward

2. brb

brb Guest

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

As a Gills fan, Brb- What do you think it means and are you concerned/happy?

4. brb

brb Guest

Well I did write war and peace but I pressed the wrong button! <laugh>

So now a shortened down version...

I'm not concerned and I'm currently happy, yes like everyone you want to know the detail, although I hasten to add, Paul Scally has been around to long now, so why should I distrust him?

I was supporting the Gills long before the dream of the Championship days, if it were not for Paul Scally we would not have a football club.

Yes I will be pleased if it is moved out of the development company, obviously the question remains for what reason is it being moved, we also have eight new signings is this linked in anyway to current developments, when it appeared imo we had no money?

What does it all mean, I don't know.

All questions and nothing more, hopefully some will be answered on the 5th August, although with this confidentiality stuff I doubt it.

5. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

mmm brb i see what your saying.

i dont think scally is looking to pull a fast one. but it makes me think he has been haemorraging cash and that this is a way to get a quick injection back into his own funds from the club. we have seen similar readjustments at CAFC.

6. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I hope all is well for the Gills. Banter aside, they are a good club with a loyal fan-base.

Got some woeful memories of the place, though.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Maybe- I just think we could do with the last 52 fans that they have <laugh>. Wheres the Valley Express when you need it?

8. robbieaddick

robbieaddick Member

I'm just shocked anything in Gillingham has been sold for £10m

9. brb

brb Guest

please log in to view this image