1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Promotion and Relegation

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Sven Makes Me Smile, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Sven Makes Me Smile

Write then people, who do we think will go up and go down this year at THIS stage. I think it will be QPR, forest, and leicester to go up. Before people complain that im biased i think we will do a blackpool and sneak in there. Money will talk in the end. We are going well, playing well and maybe can still get auto, you never know.
    As for relegation, i havent a clue, i think poor preston have gone, scunthorpe and probably palace, but it could be anyone really thats down there

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

QPR, Forest but the play-offs anyone can win.. Blackpool didn't do it with money though.. and they finished 6th. Previously Burnley & Hull finished 3rd and won the play-offs..

relegation I agree PNE, Scunny & Palace..

3. Sven Makes Me Smile

I know they didnt do it with money but i was saying with the money weve got it will surely talk by the end

4. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forest
    Qpr
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Cardiff
    Leicester

Take your pick with the playoffs

5. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the Championship trophy will be heading for Loftus Road. As for 2nd, I'm going to stick my neck out and say Norwich. The playoffs are a complete lottery, but of the sides I think will be in the top 6, I will go for Forest.

As for relegation, I think Preston and Scunthorpe will take the drop. As a Pompey fan, I'm "looking over my shoulder" but I think Palace will ultimately fill the 22nd berth.

6. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

I reckon QPR are almost a cert. Was going to say Watford but Cardiff did a number on them last week. Forest are sneaking up on the rails but I'm going to say:

QPR
    Swansea and
    Leicester beating Forest at Wembley.

Relegation will be Preston (and maybe some City fans will see that Browny is just a naughty boy), Palace and Scunny .

7. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Oh please God let this be true :D

8. Forest-Till-I-Die

For the love of god please noooooooo if that happens I will hang myself.

Joking apart I think we will get second place and a small part of me wants Fester to come up as well , been a very long time since we went toe2toe in the top flight :grin:

9. dem_on

dem_on Member

QPR ,Forest, and you can pick the bones out of Norwich,Cardiff,Swansea with Preston (certainty) Scunny and I think Sheffield Utd as the bottom 3

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I think Forest will come top, with QPR second, their form is by far the best in the league.

Leicester, Swansea, Cardiff and Norwich are likely to make up the play-off places, though Hull, Leeds, Millwall and Burnley are all still in with a shout if anyone messes up.

11. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

QPR
    Nottm Forest
    -----
    Leicester
    Swansea
    Leeds
    Norwich
    -----
    Non-relegation teams
    -----
    Sheff Utd
    Palace
    Scunthorpe

12. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Swear filter, you truly are a ****ing idiot.

13. Mad_Milburn

Mad_Milburn Member

Up- QPR, Swansea with PO final being Cardiff & Norwich

Down- us Blades rock bottom, reckon Preston will be 23rd and Scunny might fall just short though with their games in hand.......

14. Liam0093

Liam0093 New Member

Promoted

QPR
    Cradiff
    Leeds =(

Relegated

Sheffield United
    S****horpe
    Preston

15. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

qpr, forrest and either leicester or cardiff imo, relegated sheff utd preston and scunny (although i'd prefer palace to go down)

16. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Did you actually just put Leeds as one of the outsiders to get the playoffs, but "only" if someone slips up? Where's the logic? It's the other way around. Swap Leeds and Leicester in that list and you've got yourself an accurate list.

Otherwise, I don't know where you got the delusion that Leeds are the ones that are going to be waiting for Leicester to slip up to get in the playoffs when we're a clear 6 points ahead and not showing any signs of slumping.

Whatever you're taking, I want some.

-------------------

Just checked. Old post is old. But hey, everyone is still flagging us as "no chance" for the playoffs. Someone explain?

17. CZECH RED/WHITE

Going up QPR, Norwich. Leeds in Play Offs. Going Down, Preston, Scunny, and either Palace or Coventry. Know we are in Deep Trouble, but I think the Blades can still get out of it.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

As you've mentioned, that was an old post, but I still think that you need someone to mess up for you to make the play-off's.

On current form, QPR and Norwich will get the automatics, Swansea, Reading, Cardiff and Burnley would be in the play-off places and you'd come 11th, so you need to improve your form considerably, or you need to someone to mess up(Just for the record, I didn't say you had 'no chance').

Based on current form, the top ten would finish:

1. QPR 96
    2. Norwich 83
    3. Swansea 79
    4. Reading 78
    5. Cardiff 74
    6. Burnley 72
    7. Watford 71
    8. Pompey 71
    9. Bristol 70
    10. Hull 69

It won't finish like that, some teams will mess up and some teams will improve, but that's the way it looks at the moment.

19. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

actually Leeds would be in either 6th on 7th, based on goal difference. You've clearly done the current form as points per game over the last 6 games, in which case leeds have had 1.333333333333333333 etc. which results in us getting 10 or 11 from the last 8 games. Which is 71 or 72. Since the figure is actually 10.6666666666, round up to get 11, which is 72, which puts us 6th or 7th.

You're really not good with this "current form". But then again, everyone likes pulling figures out of their ass when it comes to Leeds, and those figures have a habbit of being bad for Leeds.