1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

promotion

Discussion in 'Peterborough' started by monty987, May 2, 2021.

1. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

you get promoted and cannot be bothered to post, frig off then

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've seen the penalty decision. They are obviously too embarrassed to raise their heads above the trench. So they should be.

Football Dinosaur likes this.
  3. Football Dinosaur

Football Dinosaur Well-Known Member

Well at least they didn't do a Wycombe and go up essentially via a vote. Hope they do ok next season..though obviously finishing below safc ;)

Minxy and poshfan like this.
  4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

To be fair Wycombe didn't go up via a dive and a cheat plus rhubarb Ref. They did not make the rule on how promotion was going to be done and did not rig the results of the play off matches they played. There is a world of difference between the two.

5. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

Thanks for your congratulation post <cheers>

I used to post on here regularly but got a bit boring talking to myself. Having read Hull, Sunderland & Charlton board fairly regularly - it has been interesting to see how the season has panned out.

Sunderland fans loved to boast that they had automatic promotion in their own hands - which, of course, they certainly did. In their opinion our club didn't stand a chance against the mighty Sunderland - little clubs don't :D

Isn't that the fun of football - unexpected results. <cracker>

6. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

Posh fan sticking her head above the trench.

I'm obviously delighted to gain automatic promotion but as you say embarrassed by the penalty decision. I couldn't believe it was given anymore than you can. However I'm proud that Clarke-Harris held his nerve to convert it.

Thanks to Charlton beating Lincoln on Tuesday night - Posh would have been promoted automatically anyway, even if Lincoln had beaten us - so thanks Charlton - you made me feel much better <cheers>

It remains to be seen whether we are good enough to stay in the Championship but at least we get the chance to give it a go & hopeful means we wont have to sell our best players again - Ivan Toney got his 30th goal of the season to equal the Championship record.

Congratulations Ivan - hope Brentford gain promotion :D

clingo and poshfan like this.
  7. G Force Ghost

G Force Ghost Well-Known Member

Congrats on the promotion

Minxy likes this.
  8. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

Thanks Gforce best of luck with your team

G Force Ghost likes this.
  9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is little doubt you deserved your promotion automatically Minxy. It would have been better if your man had missed though and it was achieved a game latter. You live off selling a player for a big amount regularly so you can't complain about having to sell. It gives you a lot of fire power in league one having cash. The Championship looks to be a much tougher place these days from when we last graced it. Best of luck with staying there next season.

Minxy likes this.
  10. poshfan

We not certain to sell a player this year .Hopefully there will be money for toney to come either by selling by Brentford or they going up.

11. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

We have a great scouting system at the Posh & give young talent a chance to improve & shine - hence why we have gained good money for selling players. But it does get frustrating always seeing these players moving on. Hopefully we will keep our best players & get to watch them for another season. Will be interesting to see who we can bring in to improve the squad.

Thanks for your good wishes - no idea how we will fair in the Championship - would be great if we can survive for a change !

12. poshfan

Think Plymouth fan is jealous got no good players to sell :)

Know must teams would taken the penalty if it was there way round.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's not jealousy poshfan it's just pointing out a fact. Best of luck to anyone or rather club that can raise cash by finding a gem and then cashing in. All clubs by the way would have taken the penalty if awarded but that doesn't mean I have to applaud the method of getting it. Once the Ref has given it without VAR then you can't not take it can you. Your player performed the worst dive I've seen in a very long time and the Ref for some bizarre reason made the decision. I wouldn't celebrate the deed though. You would have gone up anyway so it's a mute point now.

14. poshfan

Best of luck next year in div one Plymouth. Have you got any gem hiding in your team we could pick up for a few quid :)