1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Proposed Transfer Ban.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Rumour mill has Chelsea looking at a 4 term (2 year) ban for all transfers for "illegal" goings on with under age players in the past, especially Bernard Traore.
    Might explain repeated talk about us trying to sign everyone under the sun in January, just in case this actually happens.
    If true, expect to see several youngsters pushing for more game time in an effort to persuade them not to leave.
    The kids might get some revenge for being overlooked for far too long !!
    The 4 or 5 in the 1st squad must be smiling when they read these reports.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The reality is, these thing rarely go anywhere beyond maybe a one window ban. I'd be more concerned with the proposals to reduce players allowed out on loan or how we are going to meet our quota for 'English' players once Fab, Cahill, Moses etc leave!!

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think Maguire is the logical choice to replace Cahill, we should go for him.
    English for english

4. The Ginger Marks

Agree 100% Maguire is almost the accomplished defender which would flourish under Sarri. Had a great world cup now only needs a top class club like Chelsea to fulfil his ambitions.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Maguire is an excellent choice, but we have Christensen and Zouma on the books. Christensen desperately needs to play in the 1st 11 without Cahill beside him and with an in form Rudiger or Luiz instead. He can't go from an excellent prospect to a dud in 6 months, even at Chelsea. Zouma was a monster before injury, and also needs to play with us or be sold. Then there's Ampadu, who is ready made to step into defence or mid field, and instead gets splinters in his bum watching from the bench. Absolute madness always looking outside before we try what's inside.

6. The Ginger Marks

I'd sell Christensen and Ampadu, not good enough.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Given our history, do you honestly think that will happen? <laugh>

8. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Ake were'nt good enough......Highly sort after now if rumour is anything to go by.I still think Christensen has
    a great future,not seen enough of Ampadu to comment.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

christensen i'd keep, Ampadu I dont know

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Which is my point really, nobody does cause he never plays in the 1st team. I think both are exceptional talents and will be 2 more De Bruyne/ Salahs' in a very short time.
    I'd sell Barkley who has again flattered to deceive then flopped when needed, including in the International.
    Possibly, IF we get that long transfer ban, cause the players we are using as 1st eleven sure won't cut it at the top for the next 2 years. So what else can we do??

11. Chelsea Pensioner

On current form I'd agree with Christensen, but Ampadu????? I think he's an absolute gem, Iv'e never seen him put a foot wrong on any occasion he has played in our 1st team.Can't say that about Barkley, Willian, Dave (recently),Morata, Giroud, Zappacosta, Moses, Luiz.............
    Don't want to sound like Stan, but Ampadu may well be "the future" !!!!

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I agree it's far far far too early to be writing Ampadu off. The kid's what 18? and already an international and looks very accomplished. How would Luiz, Rudiger, Cahill etc. look at 18?

Given time and nurturing he'll be a top player in the next few years and can play at least 2 positions.

I think he may need a loan or 2 though just so his progress does not get stunted in the next 2-3 years as he wont get in our team in that time. But any loan needs to be at a club that will play him and ideally in the P.L. Some where like Wolves would be good.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Ampadu i want to see given games. Looked good in the small cameos he has had

Christensen im not sure about. Expected a lot more and maybe hes young but bar a short spell he doesnt seem like hes brilliant at anything (dominant in the air, good on the ball, exceptional athleticism) and seems like a cahill to me.

Anyone still banging the zouma drum needs glasses. He looked class pre injury but hes had loads of serious ones now and just seems a tad slow. Hes also never been great on the ball and still isnt.

Lastly as much as i like ake and hes been very good for bournemouth, hes not a top 4 defender and i dont think he has the physical height and strength to be a top 4 cb