1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pub, anyone?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jul 3, 2020.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

With the lockdown being eased (to a certain degree), is anyone tempted to go to the pub?
    As a self-confessed beer-monster who loves pubs I have to admit that I have NO plans to visit a boozer any time soon. I’ve been in or around pubs since I was 16.
    Mrs R&W and I have agreed that if, whilst walking the dog, we stumble across a nice empty beer garden, we might stop for a quick drink, but other than that we’ll stay self-isolated at home.
    Any of you guys planning on hitting the bar any time soon?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

We are not allowed to this week, so there will be a line of people on the Wye bridge over to Sedbury today. Wales opens July 13th but only to outside areas of pubs.

The R rating is dropping, but the virus still has no cure or vaccine. And after watching the Billion pound Cruise program the other day highlights how quick it can escalate. We will see spikes like Leicester and Lisbon. Watching the briefing with Chris Whitty yesterday you can tell how uncomfortable he is with this idea.

Boris saying he trust the British public is laughable after Bournemouth beach and Liverpool winning the league.

Listening to drive home show yesterday on Absolute radio, they spoke about pubs opening to someone said they are glad to see the end of Covid-19. This shows some of the great British publics mindset that there is no cure or vaccine but pubs opening must mean its ending now.

So in answer to your question, No not yet<cheers>

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

exactly the same as you r&w, though god knows i could use a few pints to forget the mess we*re in

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I noticed as well the unease with which CW answered and gave reasoning … on radio 2 there was a similar … person, didn't actually say "covid was over" but said if in a pub and his mate was in different bubble area might ignore landlord / manager to speak/shout across to him ...or …. we are surrounded by a population who do not care a f or are numpties who do not understand how the dynamics work.