1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Puel has been sacked

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by HarboroughFox, Feb 24, 2019.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

2. HarboroughFox

Sky have also announced it.

3. HarboroughFox

Club have now announced it too.

4. HarboroughFox

Assistant gone too

5. HarboroughFox

Mike Stowell in temp charge

6. HarboroughFox

Please,please,please not Big Sam!

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

So happy atm. Im not someone who calls for managers to be sacked. In my life time ive only called for Craig Levein and now Puel to leave

But he was ruining our club. This decision was long overdue

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  8. Proud Fox

I wouldnt be 100% against it aslong as its not a long term

Personally I would give it either Neil Lennon or Nigel Pearson until the end of the season and then make a long term appointment then

HarboroughFox likes this.
  9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

They've just sacked Pearson from Leuven ...

Don't see why Lenny would take a short term ...

Time to see if rumours about Rodgers or Benitez have any substance <ok>

10. Proud Fox

Why wouldnt Lennon want the chance to manage in the Premier League at a club where he is regarded as a legend?

He was in the away end at Spurs the other week

I cant see neither Rafa or Rodgers leaving their jobs mid season. Summer I think they are both getable

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... I didn't say he wouldn't want the chance to manage us ... just that he wouldn't be keen to simply accept to the end of the season ... I would welcome him coming in ... have said so before <ok>

12. Proud Fox

I dont rate him enough to be permanent. Its a case of I dont think the managers we would want will come mid season. We need someone who knows the club and will straight away lift the cloud above the club

Both Nigel Pearson and Neil Lennon will do that. Michael Appleton wouldnt be a bad appointment either

My top targets for the summer would be Brendan Rodgers and Eddie Howe

13. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think the sensible thing is interim till the summer then tempt someone in. I hope we don’t go for Neil Lennon or Brendan Rodgers, but short term Lennon is fine.

Alladyce I bizzarely would quite like...

14. Proud Fox

Why not Brendan Rodgers?

He got Swansea up, He nearly won the title with Liverpool, achieved success at Celtic (Granted not very hard)

He is a young proven manager and if he wants to manage in the prem he wont get a top 6 job so after them who is better placed then us?

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No surprise but thought he'd get to the end of the season at least because there is no one decent available right now who would be willing to caretaker manage until the end of the season.

Allerdyce would want a long term deal and if you didn't like Puel's brand of defensive football that at least involved us having shots on goal, you'd hate Big Sam's who's brand doesn't.

Neil Lennon has been away from the club for too long - people will expect the same immediate lift as Ole gave Man Utd but no one at the club knows him outside of a picture of him lifting the League Cup and that only leaves his suspect managerial skills.

Pearson will be a massive step back - we would really be scraping the bottom of the barrel hiring someone that Top already fired who couldn't hack it in the Belgium second league.

Cambiasso is a name mentioned - would be interesting considering how many of the old guard dislike him but inversely be good in that he wouldn't play them.

Harry Redknapp is an outside shot - everybody likes him so we would get a nice feeling around the club like when Raneiri joined us at least.

16. Proud Fox

John Percy has said Michael Appleton and Neil Lennon are contenders for the job until the end of the season and we will go after Brendan Rodgers who we approached at christmas who said he will consider it at the end of the season

17. Proud Fox

The writing has been on the wall for ages. Top made his mind up a long time ago to sack him but he wanted to hold off to the summer. But the result have been shocking and growing fan and player unrest left him with no choice. Puel is a **** manager.

As for Harry I would be against him coming in overlooking a younger manager until the end of the season

And why would Cambiasso coming in and dropping players be good? He was hated behind the scenes

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

The players Cambiasso would drop would be the ones who remember him - meaning Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs etc. who should be dropped. Only real negative would be Vardy is one of them and thanks to our awesome fans, our alternatives have no confidence.

Either way I wouldn't want him as I would strongly prefer an experienced manager for a couple of months - someone who knows what they are doing rather then someone who knows they will be replaced when better choices are available and faff around.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Rodgers - fair enough, would suit a club of our status.

Appleton - only managerial experience was the couple of games caretaking for us. Also hasn't worked in football since he left us.

Lennon - probably best of a bad lot really - although like I said the fans would be more enthusiastic then the players who don't know him. Would be nice if he brings Garry Parker with him as assistant.

20. Proud Fox

Cambiasso left before Fuchs signed. Only players who remain are Schmeichel, Morgan, Simpson, Albrighton, James and Vardy

Cambiasso has no experience as a manager only as an assistant

: lcfc