1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QIPCO 1000 Guineas, Newmarket, Sunday 2nd May 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by QuarterMoonII, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

I am never quite sure about the differences of the draw. The 1st, 3rd and 4th were drawn 2, 4 and 1, while Saffron Beach came out if stall 10. I felt Mother Earth just had that but more speed on the day, on the prevailing ground.

I was more than happy with Saffron Beach as the substitute for Pretty Gorgeous but it wasn't quite to be. Hard to know where Pretty Gorgeous does go now. She is in the Irish Guineas on 23rd May and the Oaks on 4th June. She currently lies joint second favourite with Santa Barbara for the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot at 5/1 behind Mother Earth at 7/2

Master Of The Seas was more painful, having backed him before he ran in the National Stakes and then watched him nailed by a short head on the day. Perhaps High Definition will come riding over the hills to bring some profit at 25/1 but I get the feeling he may burst on Saturday at Lingfield, given the Aidan O'Brien colt form this season.

2. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I just feel all the pace was on that side, and that helps.

3. stick

stick Bumper King

Not really my field of expertise but I thought both Guineas were dominated by the truest mile pedigrees in each of the races.

4. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Certainly in the 2000G the first 7 home had what you could argue were miler pedigrees.