1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR FFP Dispute

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Oct 24, 2017.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

FFS Nines . You got my hopes up there.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Holy ****! :steam:

kiwiqpr, GoldhawkRoad and Steelmonkey like this.
  3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

His follow-up is 'Shot Down in Flames'...<laugh>

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I suppose the idea is to set an example so that others don’t do the same thing. Which is fine as long as it’s applied to everyone. The club is financially ****ed even without the FFP fine. Perhaps they’ll let us pay over a thousand years or something.

5. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

BBC says the fine is £58m

A claim by Queens Park Rangers that the English Football League's 2012 Financial Fair Play Rules were unlawful has been dismissed by a panel.

The London club were fined for breaking spending limits after their promotion to the Premier League in 2014.

An arbitration panel has also ruled the undisclosed fine, anticipated to be as much as £58m, was not disproportionate.

QPR, now in the Championship, say they intend to appeal the decision, which comes after a three-year battle.

Rangers exceeded limits
    Under the Football League's 2012 rules, Championship clubs were permitted losses of £8m in 2013-14, with clubs promoted to the Premier League subject to a fine if they exceeded that figure.

After a sliding scale of fines on losses between £8m and £18m, losses above £18m would be punished by a fine imposed on a strict pound-for-pound basis.

QPR's actual loss for the 2013-14 campaign, in which they won the Championship play-off final, was £9.8m.

However, then-owner Tony Fernandes, now co-chairman, and other shareholders also wrote off £60m in loans as an "exceptional item".

EFL clubs have since agreed upon a new set of FFP regulations, which allow losses of £39m over a three-season period,

Rangers chief executive Lee Hoos said the Loftus Road club were "understandably disappointed" with the arbitration panel's decision and would consider their options.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Typical Sky/BBC all they are worried about is some rubbish Premiership stories. Said many times before that you 'don't exist' outside the prem.
    You do realize that we may have to sell Mackie <yikes>

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  7. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Lee Hoos is on the QPR podcast tonight apparently it'll be his only interview on ffp

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think it means we have to pay a fine.

sb_73 likes this.
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Hoos also said we will be appealing. I guess he knows we can, and that we have good legal advice. So bad news but not final yet.

Ideally one of the options being considered is getting some financial help with our legal costs from the PL Clubs at risk that season, Leicester I believe?, who may benefit from our eventual legal win. Perhaps the financial help could be in the former of a very cheap loan of the potential 20 goal a season striker and experienced CB they have wasting away on their bench. From January and for as long as we want....

Maybe as well this news will have us playing like demons for the rest of the season.

10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Potentially the death knell for this club if this comes to pass or over-reacting?

11. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

This really does have all the hallmarks of making an example of a small insignificant little club.

NorwayRanger and rangercol like this.
  12. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

I thought I'd managed to stop caring about the gross mismanagement of our club for the past 6 years but I'm really fearing for our existence.
    The rules of engagement were there, it surprises me not that this has happened.
    Nothing but utter and total ineptitude, I genuinely feel sorry for those that have invested hope in these bafoons.

Our anger should not be aimed at the FL, it should not even be aimed at Fernandes, a very poor man's Trump.

13. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Tony and our club will be fine as he is still collecting royalties from his early days with Jimmy

No need to get cross most of us knew deep down the fat lady was about to sing well a slimmer Tony at least

14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

TBH Danish the mismanagement should also be aimed at Beard, Warnock (He did sign Barton and SWP), Hughes, Redknapp but they will escape scot free from the responsibility. I agree that it was Fernandes who signed the cheques but those were equally culpable.

It does look as though the Football League want to make an example of us even though we've gone to extraordinary lengths to get our house in order, probably in revenge for Faulingate........

This will not end well, but offer them an interest free instalment arrangement over 50 years.........

15. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

So at this rate potentially AFC QPR playing in the Isthmian League hoping to do what Wimbledon has achieved?

The curse of QPR is the curse that just keeps giving:headbang:

Didley Squat likes this.
  16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Time to start looking at getting to Sutton, Woking, Bromley, Dagenham and Orient. Some nice local derbies there...:grin:

17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

This<ok>

£8 or £58 million pounds fine, where will this amount of cash go? If we are going to get shafted big time by the FA then I would like to know the potential winding up of our club has gone to some very worthwhile causes at the very least.

kiwiqpr and Didley Squat like this.
  18. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

On a happier note, are you over for the play off?

19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We aren’t being shafted by the FA, it’s got nothing to do with them.

20. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

OK, sorry, FIFA or whoever is shafting us?

kiwiqpr likes this.