1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V Leeds highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Jan 19, 2020.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think Joe and Conor are still peed off like most, if not all of us.

I said a while back (and copped flack for it, amongst other things) that Bielsa's stubbornness is going to be detrimental to team, and we've been seeing it the last few games, during beginning of second half of season again.

This is Deja Vu, groundhog day, an effing roundabout.

We all know Bielsa is good at improving certain players and getting the team to play good, and much better football, sadly, that's where his plaudits end.

Tactically, Bielsa is flawed, reading a game, Bielsa is flawed, recognising player / team problems, Bielsa is flawed, knowing how to change a team against opponents, Bielsa is flawed, overcoming his own stubbornness, Bielsa is blind...............Basically, Bielsa is a one trick pony, which is most likely why he's never won anything.

We've lost our footballing prowess, that football we played at beginning of season, that everyone was talking about (again), that most teams feared has gone. I doubt we'll see that type of football again this season, unless Bielsa wakes up and turns things around; with Bielsa's stubbornness, it doesn't look likely.

QPR got in our faces, and again, the lads didn't know what to do, nor had an answer for (no plan B),. This is now becoming an elongated repeating pattern so far in second half of season. I copped flack when I said it a while back.

This was a crap game football wise, QPR didn't play brilliantly, but they bossed our midfield, when teams boss our midfield we tend to pay for it. Who's supposed to control our midfield, oh yeah, the player who got the red card.

Didn't really matter much as Phillips didn't do much any way, other than increase his passing stats with his sideways and backwards passes.

3 matches without Phillips might actually be a God send where his replacement steps up and does a good job.

I get the feeling we'll win the next 3 matches without Phillips, at least 7 points, but then I keep thinking missed again Bamford will probably still be playing knowing Bielsa.

Alioski needs to replace Harrison down left, actually, put Alioski back on right cos Pablo plays down that side as well. Move Costa over to left, or bring in Poveda if he's completed his contract.

Berardi back at left back.

I remember last year I think it was after Bamford scored a penalty, interviewer said Leeds don't have a regular penalty taker, Bamford cockily said "they have now", that cockiness has come back to haunt Bamford ever since, no more than against QPR........Pablo or Klich would've scored that penalty.

Highlights clearly show Wells handled the ball, but Phillips lost Wells, resulting in a controversial goal. Phillips also lost Wells a second time during a virtual exact replay of the goal.........not bad for a 35 to 50 mill player.

Bamford needs to be replaced by Edmonson, Poveda to replace Harrison, Costa on left, Alioski to right, and stop subbing Klich.

Personally, I don't think everything is alright in dressing room, the lads don't seem to be happy, and aren't playing as well as we know they can. Even players get upset with other players in team, but can't air their views.

Try to enjoy.

Ext highlights

Bielsa post match

Ayling post match

Oscar post match

2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Well I have to disagree regarding Bielsa I don’t personally think he can be held responsible for the lack of the kind of talent we need your comments in general should be addressed to Orta and Radrizzani more particularly Radrizzani

ristac likes this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I can only guess that they've changed his meds. Doesn't seem to have worked. <doh>