1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, Dec 18, 2011.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

You lads don't need to worry about Barton...he's been ****ing pants!!

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He's been outclassed by the better teams but when played central mid he's looked good against the average sides.

3. rangercol

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but i think Barton has been hugely disappointing and doesn't look as though his heart is in playing for us!!

4. Before we played them, I would have said that this was a nailed-on win for QPR. However, in that first half, Sunderland were a handful, and we had to seriously revise our attitude in the second half, to beat them. In the end, we won at a canter, but the guys had to put in a shift.

Make no mistake, Sunderland have the players to hurt you if you are not disciplined in both defence and attack.

My prediction for this match is a 1-1 draw.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I've not been too impressed with him either but I think he was played out of position for his first few games. In the middle against Spurs (2nd half), City and Stoke I think he played pretty well and played adequately against West Brom. He was ineffective out wide but I don't buy into the theory that his heart isn't in it. He strikes me as being someone who genuinely enjoys playing and is hurt when he's not playing at his best but that may just be false optimism on my part.

6. rangercol

I really hope you're right mate. I will be the first to acknowledge it if he looks like he wants to be here.
    I agree with Eamon though that he seems to have lost something since he's tried to clean up his on-field image. I'd love to see a few red-blooded Barton challenges!!

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

There seemed something really out of kilt with him Sunday. That straight forward header he missed by a yard, I haven't seen done since I watched my kids team play when they were 16 year olds! Hopefully it was mega-hangover and now he's sorted

8. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Let's have a couple of draws tonight too please.

9. rangercol

Bolton 2 up!

10. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Won at a canter? That will be why your fans were so desperate for the final whistle then pal? Only one set of fans cheered the 4 min extra time signal and they didn't have cockney accents let me tell you.

We were comfortable without our keeper being that tested until Brown gifted an opening and then we got exposed a couple of times afterwards, breaking for the equalizer.

Spurs are a good side with quality players and after our season so far, we looked like a new side against you. If Wickham stayed on we may have been more threat imo, as his physical strength is better than Bendtner.

No complaints here, although I thought we did deserve a point but the game was never won at a canter mate.

11. davrosFTM

davrosFTM Member

Another stat: Besides Man City, Sunderland are the only PL team who have yet to be beat by more than one goal in any match this season :)

12. davrosFTM

davrosFTM Member

Yeah....I was there, though I can't remember who it was that sent the FA Cup into orbit! What I do remember, is that you beat us 3-0 :(

ps...the pitch invasion was just in celebration of our cup win <ok>

13. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I thought you lot were hanging on for deal life at the end mate...

14. MrRAWhite

I believe it was Rodney Marsh who deliberately booted the ball at the FA Cup which knocked it off a table, and it was this, as well as a few very iffy refereeing decisions which sparked the pitch invasion that night..

15. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

It was Stan Bowles.

16. MrRAWhite

From memory,I was torn between the two, and opted for Marsh simply because he was always a hate figure at Roker..
    Cheers mate..<ok>

17. Lever Malone

Lever Malone Member

Yes I think we were too busy celebrating what had happened a few days earlier. I do remember after a two or three controversial refereeing decisions the crowd were singing 'We're going on the pitch'. The ref went over to the sidelines and then there was an announcement if we kept on with the threats he would abandon the game. Oh happy days indeed.

18. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

No problem. By all accounts, Bowles hated us, and does to this day. I believe Marsh left QPR the year before this happened.

19. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Cheers lads, sorry I ever doubted Stan. Definitely not Marsh, he'd left the season before.
    Spent a few years in Durham late 70s early 80s ( ok, I was a student) and always much preferred a trip to Roker than what was then St James'. Got the **** kicked out of me a lot in the local leagues though.....good luck for the season except for the obvious. Proper club with proper fans worth respect.

20. MrRAWhite

Cheers mate..And may the best team win.....As long as it's Sunderland like...