1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Does he even carry that much water though?

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Have you seen the weather lately?...<laugh>

3. Bwood_Ranger

Lovely in Brackers today.

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

BOS named as Championships most improved player this season in the Sunday Times, Warburton given the credit.

Yorkshire-Rs, QPR Oslo, Ninj and 4 others like this.
  5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say I was anti-Pugh, I just think we have better players than him. We play him on the wing most often than not. He may have been a winger back in the day but he certainly ain't one now. It has become a bit of a giggle at away matches when he actually does something half decent. At Forest in the 1st half it was like watching a child chase the ball, leaving Manning totally exposed. Then in possession, he turns like a bus. He does try, I certainly cant knock his effort and I would never give home any **** at a match as hes one of our own. Just think we have much better options for that position.

QPR999 likes this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

We only had three wingers on the bench yesterday in fairness.

bobmid likes this.
  7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great insight! :)

QPR999 likes this.
  8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The future's bright, the future's BOS...

QPRski and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

The future's most likely elsewhere
    Dammit

Wherever likes this.
  10. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it will be. But hopefully we will be able to “cash-in” and will be able to develop several other “clones”.

11. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having just seen the highlights a few things.....

Hugills's disallowed goal and the one that counted were things of beauty...….lovely football. Can't tell if actually offside as camera angle doesn't help.

The way Hugill peeled away to the back post to nod down for Pugh to score was very impressive as he had to battle through the Brum defenders who were trying to hold on to him to stop him making that run, showed good strength.

Can't tell if Hogan was offside or not for their first but he seemed to get a big head start on Masterson in the relative short time the ball was in the air.

Their 2nd was rather soft but it looks like Manning plays Hogan onside as he runs back to cover the far post...….

Shame Ebere allowed the ball to bounce a 2nd time when through one on one with Camp as that allowed the defenders to get back and cover.....

QPRski likes this.
  12. Bwood_Ranger

I can only imagine Rangel was playing him onside out of shot.

13. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Hugill looked marginally offside to me - I froze the action at the point of the pass on the video replay (took a couple of attempts). Hogan's who can say? it looked a well timed run but by the time the camera got to him he was clear by a couple of yards at least.

14. Bwood_Ranger

Unless Rangel was playing him on I can’t believe Hogan is quick enough to be that far ahead in such a short space of time.

Good player though. Probably one of those who will always be not quite good enough for the Prem but on the radar of the big spenders in this league.

15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

IMG-20200302-WA0013.jpg

If only we weren't so pony at the back.....

kiwiqpr and QPRski like this.
  16. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Clives report

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52108/very-championship-indeed--report

Fair to say, he wasn't keen on the refs performance....

"The leniency over the throw in technique wasn’t the only thing referee James Linington was strangely blasé about. Presumably attempting to “give the game every chance” and let it flow, he rather quickly painted himself into a corner where nothing was a yellow card, because if that thing that had gone before wasn’t a yellow card, then this thing happening now can’t be either. This manifested itself in several ways, but Ivan Sunjic booting Ebere Eze up in the air time and time and time again, including twice in ten seconds just before the half hour, was one of the more noticeable. Not a difficult yellow card to issue that one, nor the deliberate smashing of Osayi-Samuel to the ground by Pedersen after getting skinned on 36, and having not done so it set a rather dangerous precedent for the rest of the game. I didn’t think Pugh's tackle on Bela that led to him being carried from the field looked that terrific either, and I’d have definitely wanted Birmingham’s late penalty shout for a foul in the box by Barbet on Hogan.

Linington was “assisted” on the Ellerslie Road side of the ground by his elderly father, which was nice for the family, but bad for the game. Unable to keep up with play and with as firm a grip on the offside law as I’ve got on my drinking, he seemed to be determined to have a deliberately contrary day, flagging the onside off, letting the blatantly offside play on, giving corners as goal kicks, and vice versa. Jordan Hugill was first to suffer, flagged off when level as he opened the scoring from a low Angel Rangel cross following great Osayi-Samuel approach work on 19 minutes. One in the second half, where four Birmingham attackers went early on a free kick and all ran offside only for the flag to stay down, sent me into a bad place, and I’d like to take this chance to apologise, once again, to anybody sitting within earshot of me. If it makes you feel any better I wake up every Sunday feeling **** about myself, and walk to the supermarket chastising myself for being such a gobshite, so we’re all suffering in our own way. ****ing miles offside though, all four of them"

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    QPRski likes this.
  17. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Warbs did not play him for a big part of the season so not totally sure if credit is due or not?

18. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that he has done. He started with him, rested him for a couple of months when it seemed that his temper might undo the progress he had made and then brought him back. Unless the stories of his anger management issues on the pitch are greatly exaggerated that seems like sensible management of his talent to me

kiwiqpr and CroydonCaptainJack like this.