1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR Vs Blackpool

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Loftyambitions

Loftyambitions Active Member

This time last year - oh to be there again now!

Attached Files:

2. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I'd rather be there at the end of the season.

Didley Squat and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

I though our defence looked better too, several times dickie especially ploughed forward but had a lack of movement in front of him, Dunne and dickie pretty solid

SW Ranger likes this.
  4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I think that was where I put us for end of the season. I'd love to see real cause for more optimism. Considering the way Dykes has played most of our League games this season and how well Bonne supposedly did pre-season, I think it would be worth taking a shot at starting Bonne Saturday, with Armstrong and Roberts alongside him if its 4 3 3 again. Willock in the middle 3 if he can play.

5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Agreed. Our defence feels as though it will get stronger as time goes on. Midfield isn’t what it could be but will hopefully settle. Attacking, or rather finishing, we are bloody embarrassing.

mcytiger likes this.
  6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

There's no doubt Dykes was poor last night, but 'most of our League games'?

He was many people's MOM against Middlesbrough.

7. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

I have said it for some time now but Johansen is the biggest single problem. He was so bad last night I felt sorry for him and don't want to appear to be picking on him but he's the captain FFS. Too slow in thought, too slow in possession. He ensures no move is 'snappy' the minute he gets hold of the ball.
    Sadly, we have no-one else. Give Field and Dozzell (who was 6/10 last night) a run and hope that Roberts/Willock/Chair can provide the attacking flair.
    I have had it with SJ, if I haven't made that clear, already!
    Irks me to see Harness scoring every week for Ipswich when I talked about him about 18 months ago.

8. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

Look at the team I've put up for Saturday !

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I will be giving Beale the benefit of doubt for the time being. He hasn't yet been able to pick his strongest team. He seems desperate to do so aswell. Armstrong isn't going to be the answer to our attacking play but certainly is our best option at the moment and for the foreseeable future.
    The thing with management is being able to, literally, manage with the squad you have. So when we have injuries and suspensions, it's how you go about fielding a team to gain the most positive result possible. This to me is the true test of management. Either your player, or some of your players just aren't good enough or you aren't good enough to manage them.
    At this level, there are no room for passengers, Johanson being a prime example. Put someone in there who is going to ****ing work his socks off, leave the field blowing out of his arse. Be bold enough to make a tough decision, its twice on the bounce he's taken him off now. How's about not ****ing starting him in the first place. This is Beales first job as the main man and we all hope it works out, that goes without saying, but he might have to upset a few to get where we need to be!

10. Hammersmith bookie

But Amos is out till at least next month, you can't plan for him he's always injured. If he's available at any time then yes pick him as with Richards when he's eventually fit.

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Where does Richards play?

12. rangercol

Trouble is, we seem short of central midfield players.
    Who else could of started last night in a three?
    Maybe he should switch to 4-2-3-1 till we can play three at the back if that's his plan.

bobmid likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Goal scoring centre/attacking midfield. Well, he scored 11 goals in 48 games on loan at Doncaster in 20/21. Only played 10 matches last year, 4 for Brighton and 6 on loan at Brum.

He’s only 21 and we have an option to buy.

Oh, and according to FootballCritic website he’s…………left footed.

rangercol likes this.
  14. QPR Oslo

Willock MOM for me against Boro, but Dykes did well then. Not so good in our other 3 games I don't think. Just think it would be worth giving Bonne another chance.

15. QPR Oslo

I thought Johansen was linking our play pretty well last night and his pressing 1st half was good too. He would have had an assist or a goal if Dykes had put away the chance he won, or passed it across to him as he should have done. I'm not so sure we need both him and Dozzell though, Dozzell had a better game last night too imo. But while Amos and Richards are out anyway I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Field, Johansen or Dozzell, and Chair or Willock which would provide more creativity there, perhaps Chair as Willock may not be mobile enough at present.

16. Hammersmith bookie

Apparently Bonne is leaving in this window, although Beale said he doubts we'll bring on another striker ! So even less options up top

17. rangercol

We really are limited for a right footed midfielder.

18. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Personally col, I would do as you say with the 4-2-3-1.
    Away at sunderland it was 4-3-2-1, very narrow. At home last night, from what I could tell on sky, it seemed more like a 4-3-3.

rangercol likes this.
  19. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Unbelievable Oslo. There might be an alternate universe where Johansen had a good game but it certainly wasn't in mine. You can't link up the play by tapping every ball tamely backwards (assuming you haven't dwelt on it too long in the first place and lost it) or continually pointing others back to the keeper just in case they looked like playing an overly ambitious sideways pass. Perhaps there was an edited version on TV as the horror show in the ground was just too awful to show <laugh>.

20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The Norwegian support bond is strong.

Briefly, against Reading at home last season, I caught a glimpse of the player I thought Johansen was, he was positive, moved the ball quickly, was leading the team. And we got a thumping win. But that was it, never seen again……

rangercol and bobmid like this.