1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR Vs Blackpool

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If that is correct you have to wonder what the DoF and Hoos are playing at and it would go along way to explaining the dramatic loss of form leading to Warburton's exit. I always suspected they were the culprits and this would likely confirm it. If so I think Sir Les may find he will be the target rather than Beale this time...

2. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

I'm by no means Bonnes biggest fan but considering our striker options, to let him go would be absurd if no replacement is planned.

I am beginning to despair.

SW Ranger and bobmid like this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

? I think losing 14 games out of 18 at the back end of last season is the responsibility of the manager and the team who played those games and probably unrelated to the current transfer policy. Whatever that might be.

rangercol likes this.
  4. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Totally agree both need to play in a two up front but not together! That's why I would like to see Bonne get a run of games with Armstrong in a 3-5-2

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I saw most of his passes going forwards, some sideways, just a few wisely back when he/we were penned in in dangerous areas. Mostly accurate. The BBC provide black and white stats which showed we had 60% possession plus 18 shots each which suggests our midfield was on top of theirs which rather confirmed my impression Field, Johansen and Dozzell had all done pretty well. I thought we lost the game because we gave them to much space wide with our backs too high, and failed to win it because our strikers especially Dykes fired blanks. But what do I know. Perhaps I watched a fake stream!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. Sooperhoop

It doesn't need this to emphasise how shyte we have been upfront but it's relegation form. If we're not strengthening in that area we're f*cked...

7. Sooperhoop

It was related to the abysmal transfer window where we failed to bring in anyone and had a massive run of injuries which scuppered our season. Warburton clearly was hung out to dry by their decisions...

8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

It's what all the talk was about in the stands before the Sunderland game. How Warburton and Ferdinand had a falling out and Warbs was basically thrown under the bus. Being up north, I'm not privy to inside info so just sat and listened but none of it sounded good.

9. Sooperhoop

Warbs wanted a striker and Les refused it, that was the fallout. We got Hendrick who was no improvement on what we had.
    I hope Beale knows what he's walked into...

Hoop-Leif and bobmid like this.
  10. Sooperhoop

If ever a ref epitomised the word crap it's our old friend Keith Stroud, still crazy after all these years...

rangercol likes this.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

We got Gray didn't we, maybe the window before the one you are talking about, who scored goals. I heard a rumour, maybe bollox, that Les wanted to send Gray back to Watford in January because he didn't think his head was with us. Warburton got his way, Gray stayed and if I remember right scored more goals per minute played than anyone else.

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Who would your three in midfield be?

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

It wasn't the only falling out though was it?
    No point going over it all again, but it wasn't just about not getting a striker.