1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Cardiff

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

2. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

we were down to 10 men when carduff scored. However 6-1 - if offered that result before KO I would have taken it. Maybe we are in glimpses - starting to see what MW is all about. We appear to have played well in recent games but not got the rewards however today I think BOS needs a tweak on his salary to include goal bonuses and assists. We need to keep this talent.
    Also, living not too far from Bournemouth, Marc Pugh won layer of the decade for the club. He has played in all 4 divisions maybe a run in the first team is what he needs.
    What a way to start the year

QPRski and QPR Oslo like this.
  3. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

Came down with a cold last night and after I had a drink at midnight I took a cold med designed to knock me out. Which it did. Maybe not too smart to drinl and take that stuff - maybe I shoulda stayed with the drink

So I was not too sharp this morning and only just discovered this wonderful surprise. Too bad we couldn't have spread a few of those goals around grabbing wins where we have draws.

Ninj likes this.
  4. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Bright embarrassed Eze a little bit today with his performance. Tottenham should be after him instead.

However, I don't want either of them to leave.

Lumley is becoming a real risk now. In the first half he was flapping around at several points. And although Cardiff's goal was a rocket, all Lumley had to do was redirect it. The ball was moving outwards too.

daverangers likes this.
  5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Decided to stay at home today, so really pleased that I was able to see that on the red button. When we attack at pace we are exhilarating and we have three exciting players in Eze, Chair and BOS. Good to see Wells end his drought too. Warburton is doing just fine.

SW Ranger, QPRski, Uber_Hoop and 5 others like this.
  6. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

I know there’s a long way to go and i know it’d be very unlikely but at the end of the season the playoff places could be.
    3rd Brentford
    4th Fulham
    5th Millwall
    6th Us
    What fun that’d be.

Flanman, QPRski and Uber_Hoop like this.
  7. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

All police leave within a 100 square mile radius of London would be cancelled :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and KentGaz like this.
  8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

That's a really odd thing to say.
    Why is it embarrassing to Eze that a team mate plays really well in a game?
    It's not like Eze did nothing in the game.
    He made the first with a sublime pass (not many could have played that) and scored the 5th.

awjm and bobmid like this.
  9. rangercol

No chance of that mate.

10. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

What a lovely day out.

Glorious tactically when picking that team would have seen Warburton slaughtered if it hadn’t gone to plan after the recent run. Finally the finishing matched the build-up and Cardiff’a group of nightclub doormen just didn’t look arsed at all from the first minute.

Some wonderful finishing for once. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

This performance had been coming. Well done MW.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Indeed. He must be knackered. Not his best game at all but that assist was sublime.

rangercol likes this.
  12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Felt sorry for you having to endure our undeserved loss to Hull and then this! Crazy old game.

Just had a text from a Cardiff supporter to say that we were lucky!! ROFLMAO!!

daverangers and rangercol like this.
  13. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Fair play folks, that was a pasting it wasn't expecting (though I hadn't discounted you turning us over).

You should have beaten us at our place earlier in the season but were woeful with your finishing. You certainly put that right today!

Gonna be an interesting run in from here...

14. Bwood_Ranger

15. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Pleased for Warburton that we got this win. Needed? Yes, but also deserved for sticking to our principles.

All this work will come to fruition when we sell a player for £10m plus and we can reinvest how Brentford have this season and make a go of it.

For the time being, I like our Manager, I like the honesty and endeavour of this team, and the quality of football is worlds apart from recent seasons. Consider all this with our financial position, and we should be chuffed we’ve stuck 6 past a team which just came down from the Prem. Hell of a start to 2020.

QPR999, Rodney, SW Ranger and 5 others like this.
  16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Thanks. Sensible opposition fans always welcome.

17. rangercol

I thought the major difference today, apart from the finishing, was the speed we moved the ball.
    It was so much quicker, allowing us to move it forward easier too.

N22hoop and StortfordQPR like this.
  18. stick

stick Bumper King

N22hoop likes this.
  19. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I offered to take my kids to the park during the first half and watch the second half. I was a bit gutted to see all the goal alerts, and got home at half time expecting to watch us sit back and defend a 3-0 lead. What a pleasant surprise when we came out after the break and remained on the front foot, getting a 4th before I'd settled down with my cup of tea. A lot of what I watched was a joy to behold, with Eze, BOS, Wells and Chair looking dangerous every time we moved forward. As others have said, it seemed like the fruition of a lot of hard work, and the performance that Warburton has been building towards for a few weeks. Question is now, can we maintain it, and if we can, a big if, just how good could the rest of the season be?

QPR999, QPR Oslo and N22hoop like this.
  20. N22hoop

N22hoop Well-Known Member

Enjoyed that! As emphatic as it was unexpected. Brilliant performance from BOS, reminded me of Adama Traore for Wolves - strong, fast and direct. Cardiff didn’t know how to stop him, and with Chair and Eze creating chances we looked .... dangerous! Was sat near the Cardiff fans who sang a song asking for their money back and joined in the celebrations for the sixth.

QPR999 and daverangers like this.