1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Yes. Goals change games. Their tails were up after the goal and we involuted a bit more. We score first, good chance we go on to win.

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Presumably more pace at the back would help us play a higher line.

3. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Hi everybody. Its been a while and hope everybody is keeping well.

Didn't see today's game, but have seen most lately and have seen the stats, comments etc. OK, it was a bad day but MW constantly waits to see what the opposition does. I sometimes think he doesn't realise he's allowed 5 subs. He has stated after the game we were sluggish throughout yet 2 subs in 76th min and 2 pointless ones in 88th does not make sense!!!
    He is not going to sub any of the back 3 unless injured so basically can change 5 of the other7 outfield players. Today he could and should have changed 2/3 half time or just after , one more about 70 and one more in last 5/10 mins and unless we are playing like world beaters should do this most games.
    Our 3 recent defeats have been against teams who have done exactly that and v Brum two scored, v Barnsley one scored. Today Huddersfield changed two in 53rd min. Its now a 16 man game yet he rarely subs more than 2 before 85 mins. I feel he doesn't trust some of the players.
    To me it seems like one game too many for most of them or shows we really are an average team.
    Strangely I think we played better football a few months ago when as usual we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory constantly and every striker took his one chance against us. Saying that the Dieng Johansen and Austin have improved the team no end.

SW Ranger, Hoop-Leif and Ranger4ever like this.
  4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I also thought Warburton postponed making changes until too late yesterday. We were 2nd best most of the game so why not change earlier? Albert always seems to add something when he eventually comes on, good ball skills, a good cross or two, and a great goal taken like a top striker not so long ago. I struggle to understand why he is not getting more time on the pitch, especially when we're 1 down and with Kane, whose form of late is probably partly why Albert is getting so little time, not getting in so many crosses yesterday.

Sinton was also saying we were playing too deep most of the game.

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

It was an odd one (the substitutions). I was only watching the BBC text feed. At 60mins I was waiting to see the subs come on and give us new legs and a change that was clearly needed if we were going to get anything. But nothing until 76mins, which seemed to late to me.
    I can only repeat what has been said really. Busy fixture list; tired legs; losing and not making any inroads to scoring. Use the 5 subs and rest, change players not making enough impact and look for the point(s).
    None of the choices made make any sense really.
    Credit where it’s due when it’s due. But criticism also when it’s deserved too.
    Bad day at the office for the whole team and management.