1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Millwall

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

We may lose a few players, but I think there are going to be a few clubs in this division, and below, in a far worse financial state than us who will be asset stripped of all their decent players - if MW is lucky, we may even be able to pick up some of them.

Always the optimist - hope's a killer, isn't it!

kiwiqpr, Ninj, sb_73 and 9 others like this.
  2. Butthuber

Butthuber Well-Known Member

I am afraid that Corona is will have a very deep impact on all clubs next season, heavy cuts player´s wages and a very decent club in London like ours will then attract some players we might have not expected right now. Still I do hate losing quite good players such as BOS and Eze. The latter is definetely bound for EPL and I do appreciate the time he has spent with us.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Baggies will be as nervous as hell on Wednesday.....take the game to them, not bothered in the slightest what Brentford do, it'll be nice to get to 60 points for the season, Warbles can take a huge amount of credit for that, just a shame we didn't get going after the restart as top 6 was doable with 7 wins.....

4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Exactly. Even BOS and Eze should be encouraged to play out of their skin because it will be noticed if they show their class in a convincing and deserved win, we have nothing to lose and can therefore slug it out with a side that should get promoted - we've been a bit Keegan-esque all season . You score 3, we'll score 4

5. YorkshireHoopster

Come on Rodders. Cheer up mate. Although it will be shorter this year the summer break is still a long time to harbour suicidal thoughts about our prospects next season. Compared to this time last year the glass is definitely half full not half empty and there will always be good players out there in the lower divisions. The question is whether we have the nous and the cash to find them and get them playing to their full potential. Our owners may have taken a financial hit but the club is now over the worst of the disasters wreaked upon us by reckless managers and the owners won't be making those mistakes again. Will they? I bloody hope not.

6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

But until today we had only scored 3 since the restart and weren't creating many more. Must have been the fault of BOS, perhaps its 5 pence he's going for not 5 million euros..

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

What a crazy league this is, possibly the best league in the world. Playing without a recognised striker and we score 4. I thought Chair was excellent today despite his miss. It was no surprise that our best play linked up Eze, Chair and Manning, all 3 could be potentially sold soon. There wasnt really a bad performance in my opinion. Ball worked his socks off and Kakay has been like a breath of fresh air. Disappointing not to see a full substitutes bench but is this Warbutons way of telling the club he needs acquisitions?

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Nice to have a bit of entertainment, seven goals and a promotion contender made to look 2nd rate. Shame we squandered a great opportunity coming back from lockdown, what might have been..

QPR Oslo and Didley Squat like this.
  9. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Wow......... Didn’t see that score coming but what a pleasant surprise to see we won.

That will put a stride in my step today.
    Great to read people’s comments here.

10. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Didley Squat, UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

What a game...

Not sure we will sell Chair this window, as we have absolutely no need to.

Eze will obviously go...if he went to Spurs...we would probably take Amos in part return (and Clarke). I would not sniff at 15 million plus those 2 players (Our squad is very very small).
    Manning, due to his age, may think he wants to go, and we are in the same boat as we were with BOS (except we have Shodipo coming up behind BOS, and possibly Kakay too). Sso BOS we could afford/need to sellin this window.

We may just hang on to Manning unless a stellar bid comes in, and surely other teams can see his defensive frailties. I am not sure he is as valuable as he thinks he is

"Disappointing not to see a full substitutes bench but is this Warbutons way of telling the club he needs acquisitions"

This has been a deliberate ploy to save money by the club. I am sure the decision was made by the financial wing , that we couldnot/shouldnot even attempt to go up this year and would not go down, and so to cut costs as much as possible. We laid off the u23 team, only retaining 2 or 3 of them as first team members. We did not extend Pugh, did not cave into Hall's requests. With injuries to Wallace, Hugill, Rangel and Ramskilde we are not able to fill our bench.
    And we will finish higher this year than in previous seasons...job done as requested

In other news. There are rumours we will get money from an add-on clause to Darnell Furlongs transfer if WBA are promoted. It ranges from 1million...to a far more believable £125,000 (but that is not to be sniffed at).

So what is the plan for Wednesday...lose gracefully (and WBA go up/we get money)....or play our socks off (lose £125,000 and let Brentford go up). Answers please on the back of a post card

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  12. YorkshireHoopster

Always the latter - simply to preserve the integrity of the competition and, more importantly play for pride.

SW Ranger likes this.
  13. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I accept Eze is bound for the PL and probably Spurs but another season of Amos?! I'd happily accept a smaller fee if Tottenham promised to stop offloading their rubbish on their unofficial feeder club.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Why would the financial wing not want the chance of a hundred million quid
    Had we gone up they could have sold us for more cash too

QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

They did not want to gamble several thousand pounds on the chance of winning most of our league games and then two playoff games, when a failure could bankrupt the club.
    I actually agree

16. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This add on for furlong.....

What if we beat them on Wednesday and Brentford go up automatically and then Baggies win the play offs we still get the additional cash.....win win......

Totallyqpr likes this.
  17. QPR Oslo

I'd prefer we kept Eze and BOS and sold Manning and Chair, but BOS is probably gone already. Only hope we get a much better offer for him than the steal from Brugge.

18. QPR Oslo

I don't believe that. The Owners have been putting in a million a month, and bought a training ground. I struggle to believe as well that keeping Pugh and Hall around for 9 more games, plus any usable U23's would have cost that much. Appalling lack of ambition by the Club, and I expect why it took so long before we played a decent game after the restart.

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  19. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Just seen the highlights - it looked like we played really well and it's a pity that we didn't seem to have any attempt to hit the ground running from the restart to the season.

Either caught on the wrong foot or lacking ambition IMO.

20. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

If only we had Sparkie Hughes back as manager.
    He had volumes of ambition..... supposedly.
    Ok, l’m going now ......

kiwiqpr likes this.