1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Millwall

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Was anyone on here anywhere near the moron who shouted '**** Millwall' during the minute's silence yesterday? It seemed to come from the Ellerslie road stand towards the away end. I'd like to think he was dealt with by stewards, but doubt it somehow.

WalsallHoop likes this.
  2. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

An absolute disgrace, who ever that QPR fan was should be banned for life for having a total disagard for all those poor people that have lost one's during the earthwake.

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

With the new cameras there is a reasonable chance they will find him / her. Hope they do.

WalsallHoop and Stroller like this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Saw Jones gone from Southampton and thought NC can't be too far behind him.

We honestly need a big personality to save us. If we can't get Warnock, I think I'd settle for Big Sam. Anyone but this grey and eerily quiet man. Terrible appointment.

mcytiger, WalsallHoop and Rodney like this.
  5. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

I fully expected/hoped he would have gone today. Sometimes management just need to hold their hands up and say they got this appointment horribly wrong. I couldn't see us getting dragged into the relegation zone but with NWTFC in charge we will be. Maybe losing to Sunderland will be enough for the board

bobmid likes this.
  6. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Some interesting answers to my open question - thank you. Not heard much to convince me that it's really NC's fault and that changing manager would change much at all, beyond tightening the budget available for playing staff.

We're in a bad patch, but I do retain some optimism about the future of the club. I think the training ground opening this summer is a big moment - and should make it more possible for our U21s to step into the first team. And it will be more appealing for new signings, given this is where they'll spend 90% of their working life. We also have owners who are still putting money in to cover the monthly shortfall, and there aren't many clubs in the championship with FFP wiggle room to spend money either. I do think patience is required, and perhaps a calibration if expectations, but I do have optimism for another promotion push in the next few seasons. Obviously won't happen this year, and next year seems a stretch right now, but crazier things have happened.

7. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

With all our recent managerial appointments, and with most over the last 50 odd years, I've usually seen something positive in them that I could support and which would give me the feeling that, despite some reservations, they could be a good appointment. I have always supported them from the very start and wanted to give them a fair chance. I hate the hire and fire culture in football. Really hate it.

But with Critchley, from his very first interview, I wondered, how is this guy going to motivate our players? What will it be like at half time if we are behind and playing badly? The man comes across as a complete nerd. Perhaps very good technically but he has no personality, no fire. He's too quiet, too bland. I've interviewed a lot of people over the years for jobs and this is one guy that I would not have hired. Big mistake from SLF and the board. Let's hope his coaching ability can improve the players, can impress them, and they want to play for him out of respect for that. But I've seen scant evidence of that so far.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Agreed...

mcytiger likes this.
  9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Does compensating managers count in fpp

11. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Whilst I too doubt he's the answer the criticism of Critchley is too personal for my liking. I don't know what it is about following a football team that gives us the right to say whatever we want about another person.

On paper Critchley wasn't a mad choice, the aim was clearly someone with a similar ethos to Beale but clearly the transition hasn't been anywhere near as smooth as hoped. Ultimately I think it'll be moot anyway he's not going to survive another bad result or two. Dan Bennett on the WLS ppdcast said Critchley underwhelmed in his first 10 or so games at Blackpool before turning it around not sure it's possible with the **** sandwich he's been served here.

Still think we're letting the players off lightly, they are capable of so much more but barring a miracle this collective mental fragility is only going to be resolved by breaking up the squad. Although from the SLF interview it sounds like they have a new psychologist on board.

At least Rangers were booed off at half time today.

Stroller, SW Ranger and sb_73 like this.
  12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

What do you make of insiders saying Critchley is weird and hardly talks to anyone?

13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

14. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

15. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

At a guess probably about right

16. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

I'm a fairly rational bloke - other than supporting the R's - and not particularly prone to knee jerk reactions but with Critchley I feel it's a total fubar. He's not the man. Time to recognise that and move on. Where we go next I have no idea but Critchley is not QPR

seahoop, Yorkshire-Rs and rangercol like this.
  17. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr likes this.
  18. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I mean we've got no way to know if that's true and if it is its one person's view, unless more sources are saying the same. If it is true then no its not great, we need a motivator and this squad seems to respond with a more hands on approach but I don't know what he's really like with the players.

19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

what did ya watch

20. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Well, I, for one, enjoyed it. The result, following on from so many other recent disappointments, will have spoiled the day for many people but it was a full-blooded London derby game. There were too many crude long balls, more so from Millwall, and it was fast and physical, but not one for the purists. I don't think there was any lack of effort on the part of QPR players but we gave away two very, very silly goals (heard that one before?) and a draw might have been a fairer result.

bunmahon_ranger and Steelmonkey like this.