1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Sunderland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I assume Willock was instructed to play higher and can only assume Kakay was told to leave 40 yards of space to plonk the ball into throughout.

To be fair to Sunderland, they coped with Chair far better than most Champ sides have and Adomah had minimal impact when he came on when we’ve grown accustomed to him terrorising Champ full-backs in his cameos.

2. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I get the sentiment behind this, but they lost me when they essentially threatened violence. Also, do the people concerned really read this kind of correspondence. I doubt it.

Ranger4ever likes this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Attendance 15,372. Not sure where you would put the others to get to the alleged capacity of 18,400, there was no room to breathe at the top of the Loft. Couldn’t see any gaps in Ellerslie Road and SA Road looked full too.

Atmosphere was great, especially early on.

seahoop, rangercol and mcytiger like this.
  4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I dont think paying 1 man in midfield works whoever it is within our Squad anyway. Amos just back from a very long injury certainly wasn't up to that. I hoped guessed he'd get support from Chair and Willock but there was only some from Chair, nothing much, anywhere, from Willock. Bad stream though so maybe that's all bollocks.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Agree. It’s fine when teams sit back and hope for the best but when teams have a go at us we’re incredibly easy to play through.

Give the lack of options at wing-back, I’d like to see something like…

Dieng
    Kakay Dickie Barbet McCallum
    Amos Johansen
    Adomah Chair Willock
    Dykes

Feel free to select Odubajo/literally anyone with legs at right-back instead. It won’t make a huge difference.

6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I thought Amos had possibly his best game for us last night. He tired in the second half, but that was understandable as he was a lone midfielder. Willock was awful.

7. QPR Oslo

I hope to see when Field and Wallace are match fit, something like;

Dieng
    Dickie De Vijs Barbet
    Adomah Field Chair Johansen Wallace
    Willock Dykes

With Field holding, Johansen central playmaker and Chair the most advanced of the midfield 3.

Until then we have plenty back up except for Field's position which I think has been and is our main problem.

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'd prefer:

----------------Dieng-------------
    ---Dickie--De Vijs--Barbet
    -------Field---Johansen-----
    Albert-----------------Wallace
    ----------Chair---Willock------
    -----------------Dykes------------

Although, we'll always have dead slow centre backs and an open central midfield, I think this suits the players we have best.

9. Bwood_Ranger

Field is just a figment of our imaginations.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Letter to Loos/FA etc. Are we going to sue Austin, Barbet and Chair, also for their appalling pens?

SW Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.

11. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

don't drop into league one, you have that one ref mistake we are getting them every week against us, a punch in a face missed, last Saturday a headbutt and ball to hand penalty also missed, we got a decision for once in our favour ! hope you go up this season and us, SAFC, we want any team at home now maybe Arsenal reserves !

12. Trammers

Trammers Well-Known Member

The difference being that ref's in Leagues 1 & 2 are part timers, still no excuse for not knowing the laws of the game....... those last night are supposedly full time professional officials........

13. Stan Dupp

Not wishing to sound too philosophical ,but we all make mistakes, as A B & C's penalties will testify.
    Sunderland deserved what they got as did we. Belly aching about an offside/onside decision to beat a team in Lge 1 is embarrassing, to say the least.
    6 weeks ago, we would have one 3-0 but not now, since we have gone off the boil.

14. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Re. Austin's deteriorating pace (not that he was lightning to start with)...

If we can all now see it, presumably so can Warburton? So, what's he doing about it? Does Chaz need to shed a few pounds? Does the club have a decent nutritionist/dietician on the case? Was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll? Is Austin undergoing specific conditioning coaching to try and squeeze an extra few inches of pace? Has all of this been done already and is the Austin we have now as good as it gets? What really happened at Roswell?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. Stan Dupp

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. Stan Dupp

I said it elsewhere,but Charlie looks like a league one player all of a sudden. So slow, it's painful. He looks like he's limping,the minute he comes on.
    Admittedly, we don't play to his strengths but, by law of averages, i expect him to fluke in the odd goal here or there.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  17. QPR Oslo

Nah, he played for the U23's yesterday at Bristol City. Won 2-0, Thomas scored both.

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Can't quite work out how he has apparently gone downhill physically so quickly.

Although, of course, he did come on and score last night!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. QPR Oslo

Difference is that 3 or 4 Officials miss-managed that mistake on their monitors in collusion. Between them they ought to have seen that was many feet away from being offside. So onside it's hard to see it could be a mistake but suspiciously like a decision that could have been made to fill their pockets.

20. QPR Oslo

What, what, what? He scored yesterday, volleyed a Kakay cross inches over, and his pen though limp was at least on target.