1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Sunderland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 11, 2023.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It’s not the real world unfortunately, it’s English football. Managers’ job security is virtually non existent, having contracts paid up is their only pension plan, especially at lower levels. If we are in a position that we can’t afford to sack a failure a lot more people than him should be sacked. Only idiots would sign a contract they can’t afford to cancel.

Getting kind of numb to this bollocks now. Thankfully I enjoy the pre match meetings in the pub. Beginning to not care less about this team and these players.

WalsallHoop, WBA2_QPR3 and kiwiqpr like this.
  2. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think he has to look at himself in the mirror, walk into the building in the morning and accept responsibility for his own actions … and resign!

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment.
    Will you care if we get relegated?

4. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I think every single supporter would care mate but as it stands, club wise, it's probably our level, both financially and on the field. Beth made a valid point about injuries but when you look at those players, Clarke salter never plays anyway, balogun joined predominantly because of Beale, Roberts has been poor, Dykes isn't exactly prolific in front of goal, Amos only plays 2 or 3 a season and the most bizarre one is Richards who we still know nothing about. Loan players don't fight for the cause unless it's built in their character, which it obviously isn't for Laird and Tim.
    The squad is quite frankly pathetic in terms of strength in depth. You look at the bench and see nothing that will enhance a performance. It's the same 11 every week but shuffled around into unbalanced formations. We can talk about confidence all day but at some point ability has to be mentioned. I'm deadly serious when I say I've seen better amateur defenders than dickie,[/QUOTE]

5. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

23/24 season tickets coming up soon. I've had mine for 60 years continuously. After yet another complete debacle the club have to act to show there's some point in renewing, even to blind zealots such as me. Unlike some, I don't think there's a single guilty party or a simple answer - the entire club has been royally stiched up by Beale and back room incompetence - but it's hard to see how Critchly survives in any scenario that has me forking out for more of this tosh.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It wouldn’t make my day better, but I wouldn’t let it spoil a whole weekend.

7. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

We could sack him & bring him back each year for the next three years.
    I bet whoever signed him for three & half years is in hiding as we speak.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Yes Beale is a **** but he isn't to blame for the business model of QPR, not is he to blame for the past 16 games. Maybe once inside the club, he saw the writing on the wall. After listening to Les and Hoos interviews, it would make any manager think twice over the future of the club. Can't spend any money, sell your best players, lose your future talent for peanuts etc etc. The owners are totally to blame for this mess, not Redknapp, Hughes or Beale. They sanctioned the extreme spending, got us into a complete financial mess and are now taking us backwards trying to correct their errors.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. rangercol

[/QUOTE]

My concern is that going into league one in the current financial circumstances will mean we'll never get back out.
    I actually think that, with our history and tradition, we are a tier two club with aspirations to get promoted.
    We made it a few years ago, twice, and completely ****ed it up.
    I can never settle for not trying to be as good and successful as possible.

bobmid, Hoop-Leif and kiwiqpr like this.
  10. rangercol

So not particularly bothered then?

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Of course I don’t want us relegated, but the current experience is so poor there would be a vague hope of perhaps something better coming from it (no evidence for this of course). A promotion from League One would be more fun than another championship season involving a tragically long non winning sequence, which we do every year (perhaps terminally so this year).

But I hope, no matter how much we love the club and how central it is to our lives, we keep a sense of perspective about stuff. Doubtless I’d get an ST again even for league one.

12. rangercol

Agreed.
    My concern is that clubs our size can easily fall lower and lower, sometimes into non-league.
    I'd like to feel that those in charge have ambition, but I'm wondering whether they actually do.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Clive made this point on LFW/Twitter quite vehemently. Middlesbrough away next and all of the usual suspects happen to be injured.

Some of our players are **** (Kakay, Adomah, Dozzell, Armstrong) but I get the impression they at least want to be out there.

Some of the theoretically more talented players (Roberts, Laird, JCS, Balogun and possibly Lowe) plainly don’t.

Frome-Ranger, rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Per Toby Young, journalist and QPR supporter:

[Critchley] cannot last much longer, surely? This defeat means he has a win percentage of just 9%. Not only that, but he doesn’t seem to have the respect of the players, some of whom are behaving like surly adolescents, angry that the father they loved has moved out (Beale) and resentful of mum’s new boyfriend (Critchley).

But can we afford to sack him? For some unknown reason, the club offered him a three-and-a-half year contract, so that may be not be affordable. We ended the evening having sunk to 17th – and that’s before the rest of the division has played on Wednesday night. Next up is Middlesborough away, then Blackburn at home – both teams doing much better than us. Given how the fans reacted to this defeat, how will they respond if we lose at home again on Saturday week, by which time we’ll be hovering above the relegation zone? It will be ugly, that’s for sure.

bobmid and rangercol like this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Maybe critchley is on less money than I was looking for the dream team of me wherever and steelsy so we could afford three and a half year contract

Steelmonkey and Wherever like this.
  16. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

You know it's bad when the opposition manager starts being really nice about you after the game :emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde

I wonder if the poster who, back in October, kept unnecessarily mocking those of us who wanted to keep Warburton and took delight in claiming we were idiots and is eating any pie?

WalsallHoop, Rodney and Steelmonkey like this.
  17. rangercol

Do you seriously think our present predicament has anything to do with sacking Warburton?
    Things had clearly unravelled under him and he was falling out with almost everyone at the club.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    WalsallHoop, bobmid and cor blymie like this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I think the only question remains as to when we are going to start protests outside the ground on match days? Tragic that we're having to think like that.

19. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I think we'd be in a better position if we'd backed him, yep.

WalsallHoop, Rodney and bobmid like this.
  20. rangercol

Quite an easy thing to say with hindsight mate.
    We'd probably still be doing better with Warnock.

bobmid likes this.