1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Sunderland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 11, 2023.

1. simonstainrod

simonstainrod Well-Known Member

As much as I like Chair, I also had a feeling of doom when he took responsibility for the penalty. Why wasn't one of our strikers - Lowe or Martin - grabbing the ball off him? Penalties are meat and drink to greedy, selfish strikers. Martin with his experience would have been the obvious choice.

While we're at it, the new psychologist that SLF said he brought to the club to improve confidence should be resigning this morning.

2. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Warburton was failing. Beale had undoubtedly more talent and was a step up. But when he went, we opted for a bargain basement manager. It's looking like a major mistake.

I don't see any way Critchley will turn this round. Warnock and his strong character could, had he been available.

WalsallHoop, mcytiger and rangercol like this.
  3. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Well, thankfully I said it at the end of last season before it was hindsight.

And I agree on Warnock too, although I think we'd all agree on that.

mcytiger likes this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Presumably with Dykes out they work these things out in training (assuming we still do anything in training apart from practicing Dickie and Dunne passing to each other).

5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I think he’s too busy having a chat with himself.

6. simonstainrod

simonstainrod Well-Known Member

That's what worries me the most. In training, Critchley has surely got to think, 'I need one of my strikers to start firing' - so any penalties, one of them is having it

7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

The end of last season isn't now.

8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

My concern is that going into league one in the current financial circumstances will mean we'll never get back out.
    I actually think that, with our history and tradition, we are a tier two club with aspirations to get promoted.
    We made it a few years ago, twice, and completely ****ed it up.
    I can never settle for not trying to be as good and successful as possible.[/QUOTE]
    I agree mate, what's the point unless you strive for the best

9. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

That has hit the nail in the head, I fear that the club won't sack NC simply because they cannot afford too, a 3 and a half contract was far to generous for a club with reputedly having no money.

mcytiger and Rodney like this.
  10. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Yea Brah :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

sb_73 likes this.

11. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Oh I really hope you do!! I’m a Sunderland fan and am desperate for Stoke to go down! Alex Neil was a twat with what he did to us, looking back it’s turned out well. But I’d love him to finish bottom of the league and be jobless come the summer!

RTB, John Wick and kiwiqpr like this.
  12. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

A 3-and-a-half year contract for a meek traffic warden, a 4-year contract for Hamallamadindong, a striker signed for 2m who couldnt hit a cows arse from a millimetre away and was then let go for nowt, a possible signed pre-contract for a player that is never fit and only plays 15 minutes every 4th game......

Someone needs frigging shooting ffs

13. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Sunderland fan in peace here

I haven't really been following many teams seasons this year, just concentrating on Sunderland. I thought yous were decent when yous were at the Stadium of Light a few motion ago. I didn't realise that your club was in the middle of a poor run. Before the game i would've taken a draw.When yous started off fast out the traps for 20 odd minutes I thought yous were decent. Sunderland are a different team to the one I've sat and watched over the past few years in leauge one during the dark days, by that I mean we're a very good side now, young, fast players and we are able to carve teams open. Roberts, Clarke and Co are alot for any team to handle. At the minute we're playing without a recognised striker so we have to work hard in midfield and we're good at it but yous were first to every taclke and 50/50 and made it hard . From the outside looking in, yous should have enough to be safe. Believe me,we've been there, sat in the stands, team going a Goal down,teams heads drop and its a bit **** for yous at the minute. Point is, yous will be fine, yous have enough. Good luck for the rest of the season.

14. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that we had decided before the game who would take a penalty?
    Unprofessional if not.

15. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Surely Boro is last chance saloon now, though God knows how anyone gets a win out of this team at the moment.

16. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon for it to be decided in the moment if your nominated taker is out. Not how I'd do it but still.

17. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

No clean sheet since we resumed after the World Cup ! That's just ****ing pathetic. Even if we had the firepower at the top end of the pitch , we'd have little hope of winning games. It's just mind blowing that a defensive coach hasn't been brought in !

mcytiger, Goldhawk-Road and SW Ranger like this.
  18. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Can I ask, us the unrest towards the manager something that's been bubbling under for quite some time? I noticed he said "showed him on the outside (Jack Clarke) then he cuts inside", there's no shame in that as Clarke has been taking the piss all season skill wise.

I'm guessing last night is the straw that broke the camel.

Judging from the commentary team on ifollow last night, everyone is sick as f**k.

19. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

We may the only team ever, to lead the competition AND get relegated in the same season!

Of course, Hope we’re not.

20. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Another unwanted stat...