1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by LeonBestIsMint, Feb 24, 2014.

1. LeonBestIsMint

Hi lads, I'm from Toon Forum and we like to ask opposition fans questions ahead of matches to use in our pre match build up. The questions are:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
    2 – How has Hull’s season gone so far? Happy?
    3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Hull? Who has disappointed?
    4 – What are your views on Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic? Were they worth the money?
    5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
    6 – Where do you think Hull will finish now?
    7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
    8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
    9 – Scoreline prediction?
    10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

Thanks in advance!

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

1. Same as against Cardiff.

2. Been alright, happy with all but getting the double done over by Palace, that was horrific, and also the openly biased and useless ref at home against Man U, and all the diving. Happy other than that, but I'd rather be in the championship.

3. Alex Bruce has surprised most, who when we signed him at the start of last season we were worried would be out of his depth at top end championship level, but he's been a brick wall all season keeping the likes of Suarez firmly in his back pocket along the way.

Biggest disappointment for me has been Tom Huddlestone, for the bags and bags of talent and ability he has, he often plays very casually with a low intensity, and just doesn't take hold of the midfield anywhere near as well as he can and should. We've seen in the odd game what he can do when he gets going but we've rarely seen him do much at all since ravaging Fulham 6-0 at home back in December.

4. Long has been excellent, Jelavic is a bit of a two left footed donkey, but he gives us something we've missed for years in a striker that can find space in the box and be in the right place at the right time. Personally, if say we overspent on them as individuals, but when you look at the £14m partnership it's bloody good business. They go together like woman and kitchen.

5. Shane Long and Loic Remy. Both have that bit of class to create themselves an opportunity and bag a goal.

6. 15th.

7. 9th

8. In descending order - City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Spurs. To go down - Palace, Cardiff, Fulham.

9. 3-1 city, Steve Harper hat trick.

10. A cauliflower, as it goes well with the cabbage running the club.

3. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Unsurprisingly after a 4-0 win, a change is unlikely.

Very much so. A great start was followed by a few wobbles, but the two strikers signed in January have given the team a new cutting edge.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Hull? Who has disappointed?
    I'm not sure you'd call him a surprise, but Curtis Davies has been even better than we had anticipated. The biggest disappointment was Danny Graham, who is no longer with us.

4 – What are your views on Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic? Were they worth the money?
    It's beginning to look like they were, although at the time the fees seemed a little high. Jelavic is a bit wasteful but has a knack of getting into goalscoring positions, while Long is just class - he pulls defenders all over the place. He must be a dream of a strike partner.

For you lot, Remy. For ours, Huddlestone, who has been quiet of late, and Figueroa, who is a potential weak spot.

10th-13th.

8th-9th. Your season is basically over, isn't it? Europe looks to be gone.

Hopefully Spurs and Everton will push Man Utd out of the top 6. Cardiff, Fulham and... er, er, Norwich.

2-1 to the good guys.

A potato, because of all the Irishmen.

4. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

1. Dunno. Hopefully with Jelavic, Long and Aluko up front.

2. It's gone great. Very happy. Steve Bruce = manager of the year.

3. A few eyebrows were raised when Steve Bruce signed Curtis Davies; a few of us were wondering if he was really much better than what we already had, but my word, the man's been outstanding. I didn't realise how good he was and Brucie proved himself with that signing. Player of The Season so far. Despite his form dropping off a little in recent weeks, Tom Huddlestone has also turned out to be an even better player than we already thought he was. Same with Jake Livermore; box-to-box. A steely grafter blessed with great technical ability too. Shane Long looks like an absolute bargain; the complete attacking player. McGregor is a genuinely top-class keeper too. Too many pluses to mention, really. No real disappointments, now that Danny Graham has moved on.

4. See above. When you compare the £14 million we paid for the pair and the £26 million Spurs paid for Soldado it makes you wonder what the hell is going on in the game. I think they'll prove to be the difference between us battling to the last day of the season to stay up and being safe a few games earlier.

5. Judging by your performance yesterday, if we keep Loic Remy quiet, you've got nowt else to worry us. Unless Benarfa gets a game. Is he injured or summat?

6. Dunno. Don't really care, as long as we're out of the relegation scrap. If I'm going to stick a random position on it though, I'll go for 12th.

7. Dunno. Don't give a **** about that either :)

8. Ditto.

9. 2-0 City.

10. For posing such a stupid ****ing question, I'm now changing my answer to question 9 to 4-0.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

1) (3-5-2) Injuries permitting: McGregor; Davies, Bruce, Figueroa; Elmohamady, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Rosenior; Jelavic, Long
    2) Swimmingly. Yes.
    3) Probably Bruce or McShane; neither were really first choice last season in our 3-man defence but this season they've both had long spells in the defence and have performed as well as anyone else. That's one of our biggest strengths; no matter which 2 or 3 of our CBs play, they always defend brilliantly. Biggest disappointment has to be Figueroa. I thought he was decent but he's ****.
    4) Great players. Worth the money in football terms but I'm not convinced we can afford it and there doesn't seem to be any medium to long term plan financially which is worrying considering how our last PL jaunt ended.
    5) The two strikers are the least replacable for us. In other positions we've got better backups available. For Newcastle I guess Remy. He's always looked good whenever I've seen him.
    6) 10th-13th
    7) 9th
    8) Top 6: Hunter, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man U. Bottom 3: Sunderland, Cardiff, Fulham. Though I wish there was room for Palace in there.
    9) No thanks. I don't do score predictions because at the end of the day you're just guessing really aren't you? Seems pointless.
    10) Err.. Carrott?

6. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

1 - I'd imagine the lineup will be the same as against Cardiff, barring any injuries in tonights cup replay.

2 - Ignoring matters off the field, this season's gone very well. Beating you guys in your own backyard, comfortably beating liverpool and thrashing Fulham and Cardiff 6-0 and 4-0 respectively have been the highlights. Defensively, we've been sound for the most part, and now Long and Jelavic have come in we're (after waiting since 2008) finally looking like a genuine attacking threat too.

3 - Davies has surprised me. I didn't think he was any better than what we had at the back when we first bought him, but he's arguably been our player of the season so far. Bruce jnr has been a rock at times since he first came into the side against Liverpool, that's another surprise. I thought Elmo and Meyler would struggle at this level but they've also played well.

Graham was crap. Now Middlesbrough are discovering this. Figueroa's been poor for a while now, though he started the season well I thought. Huddlestone's not quite been on it since the Fulham game, I've been wanting Quinniesta to replace him for a few games now. Koren's been poor this season (he wasn't all that great last season either).

4 - They've been awesome so far. They look like the partnership we've been missing since Campbell and Windass. On current form they have been worth the money yes.

5 - For Newcastle, Remy and Ben Arfa. For us, Long and Jelavic.

6 - I said 15th at the beginning of the season, and I'm sticking with that prediction.

7 - 9th. To my eyes you've had a perfectly acceptable season so far.

8 - Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Man Utd - Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland (Haway)

9 - Hull 2-0 Newcastle

10 - Wtf?

7. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

1. I imagine we will go 3-5-2
    2. Delirious - remember at the start of the season we were everyone's favourite for the drop
    3. Curtis Davies has been outstanding - don't think anyone has particularly disappointed
    4. Long and Jelavic are turning out to be bargains! 5 goals between them in 5 games
    5. Long for us and Remy for you guys
    6. 14th
    7. 8th
    8. Top 6 - Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs; Bottom 3 - Cardiff, Fulham, West Brom
    9. 1-1
    10. ?????????????????????????????

8. Quill

Quill Bastard

1 – Likely the same squad as the Cardiff game. The only possible change I could see would be Alex Bruce, but that is only if he hasn't recovered from tonight, which is unlikely.

2 – Off the pitch, not fantastic. On the pitch, bloody brilliant.

3 – Even though i did think he'd play very well when we signed him, Curtis Davies has exceeded all expectations. The man should be in the England setup the way he has played this season. Have to give the legend that is Paul McShane and Alex Bruce a mention as well.

The biggest disappointment, no surprise, was Danny Graham. No explanation needed. Figueroa started off well, but has gone off the boil in recent weeks and has looked a major weak link and liability.

4 – Both Long and Jela have been brilliant since they came in, and at this current moment, even though I do feel we paid a little too much, it's beginning to pay off.

5 – For you, I would say Remy will be your most key player. Our defence has been rock solid at home, and he'll have to be at his best. For us, It has to be the new strike team.

6 – Well I'll still be happy if we finish 17th, so anything above that, which is looking likely, is a massive bonus.

7 – Newcastle are the position where they won't challenge the top group and won't get sucked into this relegation fight. I think you'll finish in your current position.

8 – Top 6: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton. Bottom 3: Could be any three out of 7 or 8 teams, but i'll go with Cardiff, Fulham, Norwich.

9 – 2-1 to City.

10 – Potato due to the Irish connection. Bloody weird question though.

9. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? Same as Sat, unless someone gets cropped tonight, or indeed unless someone puts in a mega performance tonight

2 – How has Hull’s season gone so far? Happy? Better than any single pundit creditted us with, pre season favourites for the drop, even behind Palace, every single 'expert' had us to finish bottom 3

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Hull? Who has disappointed? Alex Bruce biggest surprise, considered out of depth in the championship by a lot, has been better than solid when he's played this year. Koren would be the disappointment, got talent but a bit too old now and hasn't done much this year.

4 – What are your views on Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic? Were they worth the money? Looks like it so far, has the potential to be a problem if we go down, but if they continue scoring then we won't go down

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Curtis Davies and Remy, if Davies can keep him quiet, we've a great chance of winning. Letting Cabaye go was a dumbass move on your part, you've not looked that thereatening since

6 – Where do you think Hull will finish now? between 10th and 12th

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? 8th or 9th

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Same as it is now, bottom 3 will be Cardiff, Fulham & Sunderland

9 – Scoreline prediction? 1-0, we're solid at home and hard to break down

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? i don't bloody know

10. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Thudd's already had his one crop for the season. :biggrin:

11. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

exactly, and he was jenk for a few weeks after that, so anyone else who gets a haircut between now and sat is OUT

12. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

1. Not sure. 3-5-2 maybe 4-4-2. Likely to see most of McGregor, Davies, Bruce, Figueroa, Elmohamady, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Rosenior or Aluko, Jelavic and Long.

2. Brilliantly. Steve Bruce is our best manager ever imo.

3. Curtis Davies or Bruce Jnr really. Davies is just outstanding and really should be in consideration for an England spot, whereas Bruce Jnr wasn't considered by some to be good enough for the PL but has been a brick wall on numerous occasions, including making Suarez look anonymous in our humping of Liverpool.

4. J-Lo were the buy of the season. They've already formed one of those awesome mysterious striker partnerships and you'll see just why they are loved by us when we beat you :)

5. Remy for you, for us, Elmo for us. If you can't stop him passing the ball, J-Lo will tear you a new one. Actually you'll need to stop Long running around, and Jelly from just popping up and twatting one home too.

6. 9th

7. 10th

8. No idea

9. 3-1 to us

10. Stolen from Polly cos his answer made me laugh, and he's right: For posing such a stupid ****ing question, I'm now changing my answer to question 9 to 4-0

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Wayne Rooney.

14. Jezz511

Jezz511 Well-Known Member

1 - Same as Cardiff
    2 - Amazingly well, and it looks good for next year as well
    3 - Alex Bruce, Macca and Meyler all made the step up from Championship quality to Premier league. Disappointed that we took so long to get a decent striker in, but we've got two now so hey-ho.
    4 - Absolutely amazing and worth every penny. We were always going to get raped for price since people new how desperate we were, but they look brilliant and well worth it anyway.
    5 - Long and Jelavic keeping their form is crucial, and Newcastle need to prove they can score goals as well. Remy will be vital for your lot.
    6 - 14th
    7 - 9th
    8 - Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton. Cardiff, Fulham, and hopefully sunderland
    9 - 2-1 to the tigers but i'd settle for a draw.
    10 - A potato due to the irish contingent

15. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Leon Best certainly seems mint enough tonight.

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Much the same as Cardiff.

Yes.

Davis - Graham.

Easily.

City - Davis: you - Remy

Mid-table, probably 12th, but could reach 10th.

One above us.

Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Spurs.
    Sunderland, Cardiff, Fulham

3 - 1

A choke.

(It was a Jerusalem Artichoke, but we shortened it to make it more marketable abroad :emoticon-0116-evilg)

17. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

11 players for us and 8-10 for Sunderland

yep, better than expected so far

Alex Bruce.. Figueroa

Looks like it.. but I don't like the money being splashed around these days it's obscene

Remy clearly upfront for Toon & Long for us

13th

it's between you and Saints for the middle of nowhere spots!

Chelsea, Citeh, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man U

2-1 Hull City

Just imagine I'm Roy Keane being asked "So are you going to quit?"

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

pls email me at [email protected]

I have a job for you.

19. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Hmm. So Allam's top secret lair is in Western Sahara. Interesting.

20. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Hmm. So the Western Sahara' s top secret liar is in Hull. Interesting. <whistle>