1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by LeonBestIsMint, Apr 23, 2014.

1. LeonBestIsMint

Hi i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. The questions are:

1– How do you think you’ll line up?
    2 – Are you happy with how Arsenal's season has gone? Could it have been better?
    3 – Who would your player of the season be for Arsenal?
    4 – What are your current views on Wenger? Do you want him to sign a new contract?
    5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
    6 – What do Arsenal need to do in the summer to ensure they push on next season?
    7 – What have you made of Newcastle's season?
    8 – Are you confident about winning the FA Cup?
    9 – Scoreline prediction?
    10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

Thanks in advance!

2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

From now on in, it is the strongest side possible. We will be as close to Giroud-Podolski-Ozil-Cazorla-Ramsey-Arteta-Gibbs-Mertesacker-Koscielney-Sagna-Szczesny as possible.

2 – Are you happy with how Arsenal's season has gone? Could it have been better?

The disappointment is that we were ahead for so long and then faded, but given the injuries we suffered, our performance was probably as good as could be expected. Not many Arsenal fans would have turned down an FA cup and top 4, if offered that at the start of the season. Still plenty to do, but if we can pull that off I'm pleased. Not sure I speak for everyone there though.

Ramsey seems to be the common choice. I think also our two CBs need a lot of praise as well.

4 – What are your current views on Wenger? Do you want him to sign a new contract?

Desperately want him to sign a new contract. We need him infinitely more than he needs us.

This is a team game. When we have everyone fit we can exert pressure all over the field. Because we have so many players that can hurt you, it is going to require a team performance from you to stop us.

6 – What do Arsenal need to do in the summer to ensure they push on next season?

We need to improve squad depth in the front 3, and the back 5, but that may be possible from our youth set up. We also need to replace Sagna/Arteta who may both leave, but in any case are starting to get near their sell-by date.

Injury-ridden like ours, and your depth isn't as good. On the basis of that you have probably done well to stay up in the top half.

Yes, but I was confident over the league cup final as well. I think we are better all round now though.

Newcastle 0 - 2 Arsenal

Don't know, something that is easily bruised, often found unripe or over-ripe, but tastes better than anything else when perfect.

3. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Podolski, Ozil, Cazorla, Potato
    Been a disaster, leading for the majority of the season only to f*ck it all up, something's got to give.
    Wojcech Szczesny, guy has bailed us out a lot this season. Can't say Ramsey because he's missed 3 1/2 months
    He can bugger off
    Your fullbacks need to stop Podolski getting onto his left foot
    Get a new manager, a new CF, a new winger and a new DM
    Average, started well, faded badly
    100% certain
    5-1, your team doesn't seem to give a **** right now, we need to win so we should beat you easily
    Something a bruised purple colour

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

------------------Sczezney---------------------
    Sagna------Mertesacker-----Kos--------Gibbs
    -------------Ramsey-------Arteta--------------
    Carzorla------------Ozil----------------Podolski
    --------------------Giroud------------------------

Yeah I think we could have maintained a title challange. No team has really excelled in the league this year. It's painfully obvious we need another centreforward but had Ramsey and Walcott have stayed fit we may have got enough goals from elsewhere to keep us at the top. Still a Top four finish and an FA Cup trophy would be OK.
    Mertesacker. Ramsey a close second.
    Tricky one. If he still believes he can take the club forward. If not there are plenty of good young managers out there.
    Podolski - he is on a good run of form. For Newcatle Tiote - needs to help protect the back four.
    A TOP quality Centreforward.
    Not bad. Pardew is doing a decent job with limited resources.
    Fairly.
    3-2 Arsenal
    Garlic.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

As strong as possible. Szczesny.Sagna.Mert.Kos.Gibbs.Ramsey.Arteta.Cazorla.Podolski.Giroud

The piss poor results against our rivals has been a bitter pill to swallow and has might have cost us a league title. But had Ramsey, Ozil and Walcott stayed fit, I think we could have still been in with a shout. FA cup final and top four is not to be sniffed at though, no matter how much our negative fans like to do so.

Aaron Ramsey. He's been immense and he's a constant reminder to those who write off our players to show a bit more faith

He's not infallible and he makes mistakes, but show me a manager who's perfect ? Yes I want him to sign for a number of reasons. He is still one of the best managers out there, he's kept us in the top four and competing for trophies, he's steered the club through a really difficult patch moving from Highbury, break up of invincibles, losing our best players, board shake up, Chelsea and City's billions etc. We're not going to be appointing Klopp, Guardiola or Simeone this summer, so getting rid of him now would be a huge step backwards for the club.

Ramsey/Podolski for us Tiote and Krull for you

Top quality CF and DM. Wenger needs to alter his tactics against the top sides to counter their threats, instead of just 'playing to our stengths' We've been found out too many times this season. Against the Spuds at WHL we scored and then parked the bus and it worked a treat. Some fans might not like the style, but it's effective.

Largely terrible. You've suffered from injuries too, but Pardew has to look at himself and his squad depth. Too many times this season Toon have capitulated and shown absolutely no sign that they can win games. It's not like you've narrowly lost most of your games, you've been soundly beaten.

Without wanting to Jinx it, Yes. We have the players and the technical ability to beat Hull, we've already just done so comfortably and although the cup final is a different affair from the league, we should be beating Hull. If we do it will be a massive achievement as it will end out trophy drought and give the club a massive confidence boost.

0-2 to the Arsenal. We're on a good run again now and I think we'll beat you.

Asparagus - grows through the winter and is only good until the early Spring

6. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

You've hit it on the head with this:

Top quality CF and DM. Wenger needs to alter his tactics against the top sides to counter their threats, instead of just 'playing to our stengths' We've been found out too many times this season. Against the Spuds at WHL we scored and then parked the bus and it worked a treat. Some fans might not like the style, but it's effective.

People sight our injuries (which has reduced our quality), but I think we still had enough to be challenging the league.

7. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

------------------Sczezney---------------------
    Sagna------Mertesacker-----Kos--------Gibbs
    -------------Ramsey-------Arteta--------------
    Carzorla------------Ozil----------------Podolski
    --------------------Giroud------------------------

I guess... Seeing how we've wilted (yet again) has been hard to take, as were the moral sapping whippings from supposed rivals but had you offered me the FA Cup (I hope) and a top four finish (I hope) at the start of the season I'd have been delighted.

The BFG comfortably. Aaron was well in there for it until his injury and he appears to have picked up where he left off but Merts has been Mr Consistency.

Yes, assuming he still wants to be here. Failing that there are plenty of young, talented, driven managers out there.

Ramsey, Özil and Podolski for us. Tiote and Krul for you. TBH I'm a bit baffled by your line ups recently so don't know who's your focal point since Cabaye went....sorry.

Invest a bit. No secret we need a few new players and a forward and DM are right up there. Pending what happens with Sagna and Vermaelen I think the defence will need heavy investment too. Trying to get Sagna a new contract is another top priority for me.

Weird. Started well with some attractive football but you sold your best player and didn't replace him. You're now playing turgid football and have used some unusual line-ups. Form obviously is pretty dire too.

Of course though we've been stung before...many, many times. We showed on Sunday how comfortable it should but I can't honestly say I'd be surprised if we balls it up.

2-0 for both games.

A carrot. I like carrots and I like Arsenal.