1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by LeonBestIsMint, Jan 28, 2015.

1. LeonBestIsMint

Hi i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask a set of questions to opposition fans to use in our pre match build up. The questions are:

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
    2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull?
    3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline?
    4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong?
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
    8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job?
    9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?
    10 – Scoreline prediction?

Thanks in advance!

lakesideview likes this.
  2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

1. 18th. Newcastle 16th

2. Criminally misused, criminally treated by our idiot manager. He played 45 minutes in his correct position (was usually used as a striker in a 5-3-2 with nothing but long balls played to his head and no other attackers supporting him), and away at Old Trafford he switched off and let his man go about 35 yards out who went on to score so Brucey took him straight off and the rest is history. Such a superb talent we were lucky to have who should have had the team built around him, but the clown in charge obviously didn't think it was defensive or boring enough to do that.

3. Striker.

4. Yes. Steve Bruce, his lack of tactical nous, his inability to manage players and his insistence on playing his son.

5. John Fashanu so I knew he wasn't trying to steal in on my mrs.

6. Yes, a new manager. I don't know who.

7. A mouldy one. We are owned by ****s, managed by a ****, and the club is rotting from within.

8. Never was the fat lying prick. See him standing up for the play acting, cheating, horrible little git Alan Hutton by making up an absurd load of bollocks when he was supposedly 'head butted' by Jozy Altidore in 2010.

9. Possibly, to quote a great man: TWT.

10. We are a charity to every team on a bit of a bad run. Add that to the fact the idiot in charge of selecting the team will probably pick four centre halves, 3 centre midfielders, a winger and a full back and go 6-2-1, 2-0 to Newcastle.

11. It's not a question but Steve Bruce waved the White flag to what will probably be our only ever chance at European football by playing the reserves in qualifying. The most unforgivable twattish thing he could possibly have done. BRUCE OOT!

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? Us 11th, you hard to say tbh at the mo, 15 to 9
    2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull? Pardew was right. 100%. Gifted player, but not as good as he thinks he is, also ****ing lazy. Too much of a passenger in any team.
    3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline? Striker or attacking midfielder wouldn't hurt but our squad is good enough for us, it just needs to be fitter and less injured
    4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong? Not worried in the slightest. Injuries have devastated us.
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Deano. Be a laugh.
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? Lennon would be nice, but, I'm quite relaxed about this window.
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Jaffa Cake. Amber centre, causes arguments over whether its a biscuit or a cake, but the bottom line is, who cares, still tastes fab and gives me pleasure.
    8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job? Yes. He's a great manager, lovely fella and I like him
    9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? Possibly yes. Hard to understand your owners thinking some times. Certainly gives the impression of being more interested in Rangers than you.
    10 – Scoreline prediction? 2-1

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

1. 19th, 12th.

2. Waster, wasted his & our time.

3. Up top.

4. Not worried, we've been there before, we'll be there again, although for some it'll be a new experience that they'll struggle to cope with. Injuries.

5. Paul Gascoigne. I like him.

6. Yes, a couple up top. I'd like them to be called Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi but it's more likely to be Christine Hamilton & Lionel Blair.

7. I'd like to say Winalot but we're not dogs. The way we've been playing lately I'd say Pink Wafers.

8. Yes.

9. Absolutely 100%, best decision Mike Ashley has ever made in his life. See our "John Carver hasn't done one" thread.

10. 2-1

Good luck.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

This just in. That one's news to me.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? I think i said 10th-12th at the start for us - still possible but i think we will finish below Newcastle

2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull? Bruce had some romantic ideology of how all his players should perform on the pitch - i dont think HBA should be one tasked with tracking back and hollywood tackles .
    3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline? Striker and an attacking midfielder
    4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong? not worried about getting relegated we should be OK next season , as for getting relegated its quite possible .
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Brian Clough , just to listen to his thoughts on Deadline day
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? yes - see Q3
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? cant think of a biscuit equivelent - but ill say Marathon bar - once quintessential British and with a name change to appeal to the league of nations
    8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job? yes
    9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? yes
    10 – Scoreline prediction? i dont do them for city

7. Aire

Aire Member

1) 17th, Newcastle perhaps 2 or 3 places above.
    2) So much potential, although he lived up to his reputation
    3) Goalscorer - Preferably not paying top dollar for the top scorer in the Isle of Wight just because he can stick a few past SchoolBoy XI.
    Perhaps a ton of new physios/fitness and conditioning staff. Injuries are ridiculous.
    4) No. Hopefully there are 3 teams ****ter than us. We have had a crap run of luck lately, with injuries, results not going our way etc.
    5) Cristiano Ronaldo - He can pay all the bills, and maybe i'll get sloppy seconds on any women he brings back.... I live in hope...
    6) See Q3
    7) Custard Cream.
    8) Yes
    9) No - why rush an appointment to only have to potentially do it again in the summer/mid season next season?
    10) 3-3

Leon Best is sub-standard

8. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?

16th, 11th

2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull?

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline?

Physio's

4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong?

Yes, No, Maybe....We're Hull what do you expect I still can't believe we made the Premiership...Twice!

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

Neil Mann because I liked him.

6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?

Someone who brings together a dressing room and builds team spirit.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

Custard Cream - under rated, overlooked and mostly ignored for the sexy choccy biscuits by all but a die hard few

8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job?

Yes - simples

9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?

What choice did you have no one wanted to come....

10 – Scoreline prediction?

1-2

9. CityCalv

CityCalv Well-Known Member

1. 17th or 18th, I can't make my mind up, it's gonna be tight. In all honesty I expect you boys to dip to around 15th come the end of the season.

2. Frustrating, he was barely played and when he was he played out of position and in a formation that didn't suit him.

3. A striker and a creative midfielder.

4. I am worried, very worried. Obviously injury problems have been the main killer, however at times I have found Bruce's tactics/team selections/substitutions baffling, and he spent a lot of money in the summer.

5. Ian Ashbee, the bloke's a legend.

6. Yes we need a striker, an extra one while the other boys are out injured and to be honest, we need one even when they're fit because we only have them two.

7. Chocolate Hobnob, just like City they make my saturdays.

8. Good question, if he was gonna get replaced it needed to be done earlier, it's too late now either way.

9. I don't think it will have too big of an effect as long as they get themselves safe, obviously it will be good for a new manager to come in at the end of the season and start a fresh.

10. 1-1.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Question for any Newcastle fans. When does the campaign begin to get rid of the current manager?

renegadetiger likes this.

11. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? - Sadly, i think we could well finish 18th, if someone offered me 17th now i'd take it, just feels like one of those seasons, the potential N'Doye signing and how we do up front will define what happens for the rest of the year
    2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull? Such a shame, so much talent, but a waste of space
    3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline? Up top, and full back to cover our injuries
    4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong? Injuries has really knacked us, 3 x 2-2 draws with you, west ham and arsenal from winning positions has cost us but going forward we've not done enough and last time out summed us up, 45 great mins against west ham, went in 0-0 conceded some silly goals and lost out in the end
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Bullard, he'd get charged a ****ing fortune and get a shoeing
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? N'Doye rumoured up top, potential loan move for Lennon too would be brill
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? digestive, because why not
    8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job? Yes
    9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? Time will tell, but it's no surprise Ashman has gone for the cheap option. You've prob got enough points to be safe with a few more results, so if the aim is to stay up, it prob is the right decision if a certain candidate is in mind
    10 – Scoreline prediction? we'll lose 1-0

12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

1. 17th, any higher would be a bonus. Newcastle? Not that bothered but you do seem to push the self destruct button rather too hastily. You are not that far from the threat of relegation yourselves.
    2. Ben Arfa? When he signed for Hull I thought 'why us'? Obviously a talented lad but one with serious delusion. Bruce did give him a fair crack of the whip and he didn't produce much at all. Missed a couple of sitters, sulked a lot and his last 'performance' at Manchester United was disgraceful. He wandered around the pitch in his hair band and gloves as though he was lost. In 35 minutes he touched the ball twice. Once kicking the ball straight into touch and secondly taking a free kick which went straight to a Man Utd player ten yards away. Waste of space. PARDEW WAS RIGHT.
    3. We need a goal scorer then who doesn't? With our injury list I'm surprised we haven't been relegated already. I've never known a season like it.
    4. We knew we would be in a relegation battle when the season kicked off. Its how we deal with that threat and to be honest, taking the injury list out of it, I think we are maybe three or four points short of where we should and could have been. Worried? No, not really, I still think we have enough, even without any new signings to get out of the bottom three.
    5. Wilfred Bony. He'd have done for me. Also because we messed up and got crucified over signing Jimmy Bullard without a through ( took a risk) medical, we dithered over Charlie Austin. We had him, deal sorted, something showed on his first medical so we insisted on a second opinion and decided NOT to take the risk.
    6. Irons are in the fire. It's who wants to come, not who SKY and various agents link us too. Wait and see, anyone would be a help.
    7. Biscuit? Something you always thought was for some else, then we you do finally get your lips around it, it is delicious but crumbles away too quickly before you've had chance to savour and (appreciate) enjoy it
    8. 100% There is no better.
    9. Dodgy game you are playing and haven't you pulled this trick before with Alan Shearer? With two games in a week approaching, two defeats and Newcastle will be looking over their shoulders. Managing is easy when the team is winning, not so when the pressure is on.
    10. Hull City 1 Newcastle 0.

13. Meyho

Meyho Active Member

1 – 15th, Newcastle 12th.
    2 – Showed glimpses of his former self, but his character, attitude and effort completely let him down. Karma has come back around and bit him now that he can't play for Nice.
    3 – We need a striker and a winger. A goalkeeper is needed in the long run, however I reckon this could wait until the summer.
    4 – Injuries have curtailed our season, but as soon as we get most of the players back added with a couple of additions in January we will stay up.
    5 – Anyone who could afford to pay me £5000 a month for my spare room. :emoticon-0148-yes:
    6 – Yes, would like to see us sign Demba Ba and Aaron Lennon, both probably on loan. However if we had the money in the coffers I'd of liked us to sign Ibrahimovic, Pogba and Cech. <laugh>
    7 – Ginger Nuts, on behalf of McShane and Quinn.
    8 – Yes, 110%. BACK OFF NEWCASTLE, HE ISN'T AVAILABLE.
    9 – Nope, they will coast along this season to finish just below mid table, and then next season when they have appointed a manager and give him some backing in the transfer market you could finish in 8th upwards.
    10 – 2-1 to Hull City, we need the win more than you. Perez (26th minute), Jelavic (50th minute), Dawson (81st minute)

14. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? Newcastle mid-table, us- relegation unless we can get players fit to save us
    2 – What are your thoughts on Ben Arfa and his time at Hull? A complete shambles
    3 – Where do Hull need to strengthen before the deadline? Defence I would say but it looks like we are after strikers
    4 – Are you worried about relegation? What has gone wrong? Yes- injuries have killed us, no Chester fairly critical for 3 months up coming
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Peter Beardsley to scare people at the window
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? Yes- another top defender
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? A Tigergestive
    8 – Is Steve Bruce still the correct man for the job? Yes
    9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No, they can take their time
    10 – Scoreline prediction? 2-2