1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Quote of the week.!!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

“It is obviously going to result in us spending a lot less money in Britain and putting more of our energies into other countries.” - Richard Branson on Brexit.

The man with a history of sucking up public subsidies, fronting overseas money, then selling up and pocketing the profits - Northern Rock, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Trains, etc - all the while using tax havens for his companies and himself.

Virgin Trains got £2.79bn direct subsidies and £9bn from the public purse spent on the rail network the trains run on. The charges for using the rail network were then halved from £3bn to £1.5bn. He was also gifted a fleet of largely subsidised Pendolino trains.

Meanwhile, we pay for the rail network, which runs at a loss. And they say nationalisation doesn't work. It certainly has for that benefits scrounger.

His biographer reported that when trying to take over the west coast line, his lieutenants often said, "It's a licence to print money. Can't go wrong."

We'd miss him like we'd miss a leech on the neck. Good ****ing riddance.

organic red likes this.
  2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Brewster: I want to repay the manager's faith in me

3. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

'Society is collapsing, that's pretty ****ing obvious'................Abby Martin (Journalist)

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

“It's not that I have a (WhatsApp) group and I press a button and I send them to everyone!” laughs Klopp. (Jurgen Klopp)

5. Superfirmino

Superfirmino Active Member

I'm going to have Brooklyn christened, but I haven't decided what religion. David Beckham.

6. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Where is he? <yikes>

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Wimbledon.

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<yikes> <yikes> <yikes>

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

"The good thing is if the opponents want to analyse us now then they think 'easy job' – but we will be a different animal next week" Jurgen Klopp

10. Muppetfinder General

“This is part of the dark underbelly of American society. If you think any of this wonkiness [on stage] is going to deal with this dark psychic force of the collectivized hatred that this president is bringing up in this country, then I’m afraid that the Democrats are going to see some very dark days." - Marianne Williamson in the Democratic Debate

Seemingly the only worthy statement this crystal-rubbing anti-vaxxer made all night.

Some of the reaction tweets:

Pros: wants to cure racism.
    Cons: more likely to give us measles, mumps, and rubella.

BREAKING: Marianne Williamson will be debating tonight in the form of a snow owl.

Marianne Williamson is making history by being the first presidential candidate to be a Kristen Wiig character from 2010.

Marianne Williamson is the white wine drunk reiki practictioner we need for America.

Marianne: We need a plan to keep the moon from the hands of the psychic minions that attack the crystal farms in the west, the east, the middle earth, we must keep the overlords from the underlords, we must hold the center, we must ouija board salisbury steak fate seth speaks.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019

11. Muppetfinder General

“The Liberal Democrats are going to be very up for making sure we have a voting system where every vote counts." - Jo Swinson, Lib-Dem leader

Doesn't like First Past the Post system: doesn't accept a two-option referendum result; supports a second referendum with Two Leave options and one Remain, with first past the post winning.

Has cake; eats it.

Garlic Klopp likes this.
  12. LuisDiazgamechanger

“If Sessegnon was sold to Liverpool last year, he wouldn't have played all the games - but he would have been in a good enough team to have shone." Ian Holloway

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

" I don’t feel Zaha fits into any team, I think he’s a bit of a maverick. He does what he does and plays by himself, not in a team.

He likes to dribble around five defenders. Therefore, he can’t go to Man City and Liverpool. He can’t go wandering all over the field.

He plays whatever position he wants for Crystal Palace, and picks up the ball on the right and the left – that’s not fitting into a team.

He’s got great ability and that’s why I think Crystal Palace suit him down to the ground because they allow him to do that, he won’t be allowed to at another club".

JOHN BARNES

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

"Liverpool won't be tired .Last year Liverpool I think they played 13 times in the week and in the 13 times they played at the weekend, they won 11 and drew two" Hassenhutt

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  15. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

If we are fortunate to have another referéndum there should be 4 "leave options" because some would like a Canada ++ type deal, some would like Mrs May´s deal, some even one where we leave but remain within the Single Market and Customs Unión, whilst the nutjobs want "no deal." The sensible ones amongst us would vote remain. Don´t forget Liverpool didn´t vote "Leave" so it is disrepectful of the PM to ignore the wishes of Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Gibraltar, Winchester, Kingston-upon-Thames, Brighton, Reading, St Albans and many others as well.

16. LuisDiazgamechanger

"The gaffe served as his Reds initiation" Jurgen Klopp

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Shocking Tottenham already out of title race- Paul Merson

18. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

They’re 3 points behind City with 35 games to play <laugh>

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I saw a stat earlier that had Spurs in 17th over the last fifteen PL games

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I can believe that, they had a shocking end to the league last season.