1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Race War?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hugh Briss, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Not so much if, more when.

The way the media hype & twist every thing that happens, surely it's just a question of time?

The City of Newcastle upon Tyne is a multi cultural one and I wonder if any of you have felt / noticed any tension or experienced any racially based issues?

2. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

It's all Pardew's fault.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

T

4. LeazesParkProwler

LeazesParkProwler Active Member

I reckon you probably have to be ethnic minority to truly notice racism in all its forms.
    Then there is inter-ethnic racism.
    There's a lot of naked racism in social media - I've noticed an upsurge on The Chronicle website comments section, for example.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  5. Hugh Briss

White people are now the minority in London. Strange but true!

6. Hugh Briss

With the increase in 'terror' attacks, from both 'sides', could that be a catalyst?

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Nah I live in a place where there's only ever been 3 families of ethnic origin in the last 30 years.

It'll all come good one day.

8. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Doubt it. I spend a lot of time in an area of London with very high jewish and muslim populations and see very little tension. Most people are sensible enough to see the nut jobs for what they are

Hugh Briss likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think we have an imminent race war. Race is a funny one because you have religion mixed in, and there are intrinsic links to our battle to get equality for women, sexuality, gender issues etc. The tension is rising around all these subjects because we are becoming more enlightened as time rolls by. We are realising that equality for women is simply right. The equality for people of different sexuality is right. The equality for people regardless of race is right.

However those principles are slightly at odds with some of the religious teachings and/or how different religions has been practised for many years. So there is tension immediately. Also for sure the media is stoking some of these fires too, you'd have to look closely as to why that is...

Temperature is also rising because of fundamental differences between peoples. The world has become a smaller place so migration of peoples is more regular and doesn't happen en masse. If you look back throughout time the migration of people from one place to another has always caused tension. Previously it inevitably led to war. Very few people who migrated settled in their new land peacefully! Now you'd hope we would be able to take a bit more of an educated approach to this, but the reality is all countries are still very insular/nationalistic at their heart. Its different now as you don't get as many mass migrations like the past. We are having to wrestle with our desire to take enormous pride in where we from, and a desire to welcome all comers. Its not easy for people because when you take pride in where you are from, you do not easily allow another "outsider" to attach to your country. As a minimum you do not accept it without expecting some level of immersing themselves in the history. Also what is an acceptable approach to something in one country, is not in another. So people will trip and make mistakes, and people will get frustrated.

What I would say is there is a reason for significant hope in our younger generation. They may have **** taste in music but I look at my 10 year old and how she views the world. Their relationship with people of different religions, race, sexuality and sex is very different to the past. The problem is like every generation they are saddled with the past left by all that have come before them. The past influences our future and the past tells us that the migration of peoples and races is not altogether positive. Tension is inevitable.

Don't worry though the end game will see us dispense with religion, we'll probably all become one gender, and we'll all end up one race. Probably a light brown - yee hah for an ACS type as it dispenses with the need for fake tan.

10. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. I also work with and help recruit a lot of young people from college leaver age and they give me a lot of optimism for the future in terms of being good, well educated global citizens.

haslam and JakartaToon like this.

11. Hugh Briss

I think you're right there.
    For me, personally, I NEVER judge anyone by their skin colour, nationality or creed.

I always like to take people at face value.

Religion is always a problem for me, no matter which one it is and whoever is deluded by it.

When people start trying to force religious beliefs upon me, that's the point I start to dislike them, whether that be Christian, Catholic, Muslim or whatever.

For me, believing in Gods is the same as being mentally ill.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So to sum up you are not a racist but a bigot. I get not liking people who try and force religion on you and have no problem at all with that attitude. But to believe that all people who believe in a God are mentally ill is the equivalent of saying you think black people are inherently less intelligent than other races.

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

T

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

And have massive cocks. :angel::emoticon-0165-muscl:bandit:

Speaking of which are we meeting in the Earl for the LFC game to look at large pictures of cocks for sure as I need to book the time out to drink?

JakartaToon likes this.
  15. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Religion <laugh>

Hugh Briss likes this.
  16. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Apparently some of them do - at least that's what your Mrs told me.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  17. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I am still acheduled to be there but have just bid on a large short fuse consulting job which if we get I may have to stay here as I somehow have to do 70man days in 2months. However if I can change my flight I might just come for the weekend as I need the frequent flyer miles!

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Short fuse?

Is Bri involved?

JakartaToon likes this.
  19. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

How can you have a large short fuse? Surely a short fuse is small?

Can see why you’re only a “moderately “ successful businessman. <doh>

20. Hugh Briss

If thinking that Religious people are deluded is the act of a bigot, then that is what I must be.
    Only you think that black people are less intelligent than other races, so I guess that makes you the racist.
    Oh but wait, you used diversion to disguise your own intolerance.