1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Racing Presenters On Itv

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by woolcombe-folly007, May 18, 2016.

1. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I actually think Chapman is OK when he is being himself and not either (a) putting on act or (b) pretending to be John McCririck Mark II. He’ll never reach the same level as the latter in the ‘betting jungle’ but I am warming to him when he is simply being himself.

Re Francesca Cumani though I remain convinced she is some sort of ‘spoof’ character rather than a real person. Rather like Alan Partridge or the forum’s very own Dr Sir Barney Chuckles OBE VC MFI M&S.

2. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

I quite like Chapman on ATR, its a shame on ITV he's made to look like a dodgy second hand car salesman

3. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Absolutely

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Don't, or can't, watch ATR any more as streaming site I used is now blocked as being very unsafe. My bets are small nowadays and do not warrant paying ATR and RUK a monthly subscription, so am very grateful to ITV for the racing shows they put up. Then, I gather that Chapman should be shifted from his position with the bookmakers? If he'd just quieten down a little, we are not all deaf?

.........."he's made to look like a dodgy second hand car salesman", pretty good that.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  5. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

But the comment that got me was in an interview with a group of well-dressed young ladies 'are you here to get 'ammered'.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's in the wrong role. I wonder if he was given any training for it

7. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Well, Matt does know his onions for sure, just his application needs polishing-up just a bit? SA's Amour,Tanya Stevenson, would have given him a little extra training for his present job, I'm sure. Nice lass that, is she with RUK?

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

She was quite good. Haven't seen her for a while.

9. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Adele Mulrennan: “I couldn’t look past him on ability, so he’s an each way bet for me.” <doh>
    Eye candy giving betting advice for the bookies.
    Minutes later: “wearing cheekpieces, probably a bit ungenuine.” <doh>
    Does she know anything? Go home and get some lessons off your husband, love.
    Bring back Hayley Turner...

10. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Everyday sexism.

11. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Huh???

Francesca Cumani can not anchor the coverage. Not professional enough and stumbles over her words and often doesn't direct well enough to subject discussion.

I wish they would get rid of her..maybe OK as a contributor to flat racing coverage but a big no no for NH racing and the anchor of the show..

I know she's female but really who cares...she s simply not good enough..

redcgull likes this.
  12. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Got to agree, she is pretty poor

13. NassauBoard

calling someone eye candy and to get advice from their husband. Very different to your valid issues with Cumani who has issues presenting as lead.

Adele has been involved in racing for a long time, rode hundred plus times and has done very well to get qualified and work her way up the northern racing presenting scene.

She might not be peoples cups of tea, but let’s not forget the other pundits they have on ITV who are either Hendo yes men, the cantankerous bookies friend Chappers or Luke Harvey

I haven’t watched today, but she is certainly no worse than most I’ve seen on the show.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luke Harvey, I find an embarrassment. He just seems like someone trying to let everyone know he's friends with all the jockeys and seems like he is hanging on to a job

15. CaptainPops

Fair enough although I do think people are over sensitive these days. I don't mind Adele Mulrennan. Relative eye candy yes Cumani (nothing wrong saying that in my view) but pretty useless as a presenter I think most would agree..

Hopefully Chamberlain will be back tomorrow and for Monday. Oily Bell isn't that much better in my eyes tbh..he s very sickly. But then some women might think he is eye candy...fair play if they do..:emoticon-0135-makeu

16. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I actually find her one of the better pundits that itv have on. I'd be happy if they had her on every week. She seems knowledgeable and straightforward. Her and Jason Weaver I like.

17. CaptainPops

Mmmm but what we all want to know is in your eyes Smokey who is the better eye candy...Mulrennan or Cumani? :emoticon-0152-heart

18. NassauBoard

I think you need to get out more.

19. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Has Not606 turned into an episode of 'On The Buses' or alternatively have we all boarded a time machine back to the 1970's?!? Cor blimey.

I actually thought Francesca Cumani was very good today. I'd get rid of the bland and seemingly desperate to please Chamberlain and have her as the main presenter.

Re Adele Mulrennan though in my opinion she is dire. Joins Luke Harvey and Alice Plunkett as pundits I personally would never employ.

20. CaptainPops

Blimey Barney how the hell can you think Cumani was any good today? You must have had too many G&Ts..

She can't present and often trips over her words. Chamberlain (whilst bland) is your typical ITV safe bet but can direct conversation and enable conversation to flow..

Alice Plunkett is very good. Luke Harvey is rubbish...but hey guess we have our own opinions - nothing wrong with that.