1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Racing Presenters On Itv

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by woolcombe-folly007, May 18, 2016.

1. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again (topical with the GN just around the corner) for the big ‘un at Aintree I’d give the usual racing team the day ‘orrrrrrrrrrrf and replace them with the cream of the ITV crop. Old boys Ant and Dec could front the show, dear old Pip Schofield and Holly could do the post race interviews, Sir Simon Cowell (together with his buzzer) could review the races and a ‘Loose Woman’ or two could frequent the paddock.

Not a bad shout, even if I say so myself, as several of the above are actually racing fans.

Bustino74 likes this.
  2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Don't forget Jeremy Kyle - market movers perhaps?

First world problem folks.

3. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter who presents - the main thing is that ITV shows lots of race meetings - and to their credit they do.
    Think the coverage has improved too. Ed Chamberlain does a good job presenting, then again Nick Luck did well before him.

Ron, Bustino74 and Reebok like this.
  4. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Ed not anywhere near good as Nick who has improved so much since his C4 days and is respected around the racing world

5. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Coverage of the racing is obviously the main thing and it has been nice to see ITV increase coverage. It does matter though who presents the show and who is the anchor man or woman as conversation flows from their anchor and direction which affects the professionalism/enjoyment of the programme. Francesca Cumani is awful at it so she should be stopped in that role. Ed Chamberlain is much better and he should be doing that role most of the time. Unfortunately they don't have a decent back up at present in my view..

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I do like Francesca Cumani. I like her walking around in the paddock talking about horses as they come round (especially on a hot day). Hadn't noticed she had changed roles but agree, anchor person is not a role to which, I would have thought, she would be suited

7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Here in the real world, unattractive women do not get in front of camera. The presence of many of the women in modern TV sports coverage (not just racing) is pure ‘diversity and inclusion’ box ticking, not meritocracy. A middle aged woman that knows what she is talking about does not get on our screens.

Adele Mulrennan’s husband was a jockey the last time I looked, so if she wants to stand in front of camera telling us all about racing, perhaps she should get some knowledge from the guy to whom she is married. If she was intending to express an opinion that the particular horse wearing the cheekpieces was ungenuine she was unclear; but if every horse wearing cheekpieces is wearing them because it is ungenuine, then they should send them straight to the glue factory.

8. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Most horses wearing cheekpieces need them to focus, if you don’t class that as ungenuine then perhaps you want to send a strongly worded letter to Fergal and team as well.

Alas, of course you will disagree because you think you know better than anyone else. The fact is that Adele has been in the sport a long time, is qualified to do the role, has come through the northern racing ranks and gets the job on merit,

If you don’t like that, then carry on spouting the sexist claptrap.

9. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

your sexist remarks are par for the course , but it’s notable that the male presenters have to look a certain way as well , don’t think big mac would get near a camera on looks never mind him opening his mouth , for some reason i picture you as a northern version of him ?

10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Needing cheekpieces, blinkers, visors, hoods etc. to get a horse to concentrate does not mean that it is ungenuine otherwise; but clearly you have a problem with the English language.

If Adele Mulrennan has been in the sport a long time she is clearly not very intelligent because she manages to say stupid things to camera. Making apologies for her simply because she is a woman is surely sexism. If a male presenter makes a stupid comment, it is open season on them.

It does seem that I do know better than you because, as I said, if she looked like a bag of spanners she would not be in front of camera. Neither would Francesca Cumani. It is a plain and simple fact that men get in front of camera irrespective of them being handsome, not sexism.

11. NassauBoard

So you are telling an owner of a horse who runs in cheekpieces that you know more about the horses quirks? Get a grip.

12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Maybe you fancy Jason Weaver, Luke Harvey or Matt Chapman but they do not float my boat.

There is nothing sexist about pointing out the fact that women need to be young and pretty to get in front of camera whereas men do not. That has always been the case but it is only a matter of time before the woke virtue signallers demand gender fluidity and there is some queer called Trevor in a dress.

Should you not be out looking for a sheep to rear end for Easter? <laugh>

13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Clearly you could start an argument in an empty room.

I did not say anything about knowing more about a horse’s quirks than the owner or the trainer. What I did originally say – but clearly reading is a big problem for you – is that putting cheekpieces on a horse does not equate to it being ungenuine. That was what Adele Mulrennan implied by her comment, irrespective of how long she has worked in the racing industry.

14. NassauBoard

<badger><badger> Coming from you I find that hilarious <laugh>

Putting headgear onto a horse normally equate to it being ungenuine. No doubt your semantics of ungenuine is different to mine and probably most other racing enthusiasts.

My meaning of ungenuine in racing is that the horse isn’t trying to win and isn’t putting all the effort in that it talent suggests it should.

Please explain to me (in simple terms - I obviously have issues with your superfluous use of language) why you’d put headgear on a horse?

SwanHills likes this.
  15. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Good grief, this guy will always find a way to annoy, and sometimes enrage members, with his strange attention-seeking comments. Moderators can't really shut any more threads down; there won't be any left on this part of the forum. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

16. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

The sheep are free round here , unlike those women you pay to humiliate you in a giant nappy .......

17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Getting a little bit off topic for this thread...

You start off accusing me of sexism because I point out the facts about women presenters. No doubt woke virtue signallers will be along to rewrite that bit of history as the exploitation of woman. Then you just fabricate some notion that I am telling horse owners about their horses.

If somebody buys a thoroughbred horse, then they are purchasing something that has been bred for a couple of centuries with the idea of running fast with a midget on the back. The owner sends their horse to a racehorse trainer. Now the job title implies that he will be training the beast to run quickly carrying a midget.

If the trainer finds that the beast is not concentrating on the job then he is expected to find out why and remedy it. If it is a male horse it may be too busy thinking about female horses so an anatomical change is performed. If the horse is struggling to breathe properly then it may undergo an operation to assist its breathing. If the horse is too busy looking at the other members of the pack then various forms of headgear are available to force the horse to concentrate on where it is running.

If the beast will not run and cannot be controlled by the midget on the back then the options include glue factory, French dinner plate or supermarket ready meal. You clearly need a dictionary for the word ungenuine.

18. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

This is supposed to be a forum for debate. Clearly if everyone agreed about everything all the time there would be no debate.

I have no time at all for political correctness, woke virtue signallers and brain dead Lefties but they are free to disagree with me. I will continue to point out their factual inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

If I annoy and enrage you that much, then try ignoring me. Or is that concept too difficult to understand?

19. NassauBoard

You really do talk utter nonsense. Why not just go and enjoy the day with your loved ones? All ten little of them.

20. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member