1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

burning-cash.gif

ToonArmy1892 likes this.
  2. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

We have to give him to the end of the season and see where we are.

Then he can have a proper clear out and see what happens early doors next season. If we are in and around the top 3 by mid season he stays.

If not then he goes.

3. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

I can honestly see either our lot touching base with Rafa or him contacting us.

Let's be honest here - Eddie Howe for as much as he talks a good game isn't a household name they would have wanted to lead this project.

I'm not saying he should be peddled here. I'm saying I could see Rafa being ****ish enough to say "I'm available and want the job now".

I don't want him back but the option of getting a formerly popular manager back and a name that people recognise in the likes of Saudi may be too big a temptation.

Rafman likes this.
  4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

The better educated I think realise the many flaws. But the great unwashed would drown in their own jizz at a Rafa return. Commercially it’s a huge story, he’s a massive name, etc.

I feel no sympathy for Howe. He’s been a ****ing disaster. Every chance to have a solid start and threw away every chance by picking the wrong side almost every time. He blew it from the very first game vs Brentford, that was a shocker.

ToonArmy1892 and Rafman like this.
  5. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

I don't think they can take the chance. Do they really want to slum it out in the Championship for a year, potentially more.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Absolutely not under any circumstances. I think he may be even worse as a DOF than as a manager. He's history and needs to remain that way in terms of this football club. We are still suffering from his poor decisions and transfer last time. In terms of bring him in as a manager, also a terrible idea. His record in the last 10 years is terrible regardless what his ball suckers say.

Lets just crack on, get some players in and see what we can do. Let some other mugs make that mistake. We all accepted when Howe signed the most likely scenario was already relegation. He hasn't managed to get the bounce we would all have liked but he's at least unbeaten in the games against teams we would expect to get something from, despite working with the same **** pots. He's made mistakes, hasn't cut out the rotten bit yet, but perhaps if we make a few signings that will happen. We can still get out of this mess amazingly despite the start under Bruce and situation we've been left with. Another new manager, particularly one who isn't very good and will likely upset the one player doing anything useful, is planning right out of the relegation handbook. He's an old man left behind by the game.

Lets not forget either he failed last time when we brought him in to save us. At the time we were 19th and 1 point from safety. We ended up 18th 2 points from safety. Transfers are clearly not his strong suit, so having a window isn't necessarily going to help him. At most I'd allow him to be an advisor on the youth set up etc as he has seen and been involved in how the best clubs do that.

7. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

He had 10 games (1st games 2 days after he arrived) to save us last time at a club he didn't know and without working with the players. 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 Losses. Over the whole season, he would have had us comfortably in the top 10.

If he came in now he would have nearly half a season and potentially a say in transfers, knows just about all the players and knows the club inside out.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

He's ****

Welshie likes this.
  9. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

Rumour is Fenerbahçe have already approached Rafa.

10. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

That's a good move for him - Another country ****ing has-been's go to.

11. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

I see Shearer has been sticking up for Rafa.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Hopefully Fenerbache appoint Paellardyce and that is the last we hear of him.

Not in a Saudi type make him disappear way, but in terms of any connection with us.

13. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

I’m one who’d take Rafa back - but Paellardyce is very very funny; muchas gracias <laugh>

Hamish McMagdad likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

You're a sick man wanting to watch that brand of footy again.

But then we already knew you had a few kinks from your posts on here :bandit:

Hamish McMagdad and CaraMatt like this.
  15. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

It's not funny when you consider it was made up by Everton fans.

16. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

Nah, it’s still funny, first time I’d heard it as well. Can’t take life too seriously

17. Warmir Pouchov

No its very funny. They deserve great credit for it. Its very fitting too and they would know having had to suffer both like ourselves. Very similar approach. "How can I stop the opposition" occupying their entire tactical approach.

18. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Rafa would still come back if we were in the Championship next season, assuming he was still out of work. If he doesn’t end up in another job before the season is out then I reckon that’s what might likely happen.

19. Warmir Pouchov

We need to avoid the **** forever :emoticon-0148-yes: The last thing we want is another Championship season like the last time he was here. Lets do it swashbuckling style a la Hughton on a fraction of the budget.

20. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he would too.

He could have Watford and us to choose from soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.