1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Raheem Sterling and racism

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Dec 9, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Shocking footage from the Man City game yesterday - I hope the abusers get banned from the ground. Used to hear the odd racist remark directed towards players at the Gay Meadow many moons ago but thankfully nothing at the 'new' ground or any of the away grounds I have visited over the last decade. From watching on TV The Premier League does seem to attract many idiots on the front row who consider it their duty to violently abuse the opposition players. This seems to be the norm but I think stewards should be much more active in dealing with this. As for Sterling I think he is an exceptional young player who has had a very rough ride from the press and , sadly, I must agree with him ( and Ian Wright) that a fair proportion of the negative coverage he gets is tinged with racism.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's not a nice thing to see and I'm sure to experience in person. It's a life long cultural thing and people do it as they've grown up seeing people do it. It needs stamping out and needs shaming until it is

I know it's nowhere near as bad but any form of insult such as calling someone overweight or the dad who stands on the side of the kids match shouting at the opposition players also needs consideration.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

utterly disgusting i hope the so called fan is banned from every ground in the country