1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Raising the foot and making contact = sending off

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Apr 14, 2013.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Well doesn't it? Especially if you connect? Bobby Zamora correctly sent off last week. Even though the Wigan lad, Gomez if I remember correctly, seems to have come away without a mark to show for it. No complaints at all about that decision. Although nobody disputes that the decision was correct, what precisely is the difference between what he did and what Hernandez did to Wilkinson this afternoon without even getting booked? After all, I think it is agreed that neither Zamora nor Hernandez are malicious players.

In a similar vein, Samba gives away a penalty against Fulham because he does n't see the Fulham player when he sticks his leg out at the ball. Clearly not deliberate but it did impede the player. Fast forward to Vidic this afternoon against Stoke when he fell over and Jerome was brought down in the penalty area, again by accident. In what way was that not a penalty?

I'm trying not to be cynical but can someone please give me an explanation for these inconsistencies which do not involve referees being selective in their application of the laws of the game according to the name of the team the offender plays for.

2. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I think these are two of many many examples of where we simply haven't had the rub of the green this season. Yes we've been crap considering the money spent but there have been so many incidents where the luck has always fallen against us. There are certainly several worst teams than us who will be staying up.