1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. (Conor)

(Conor) Well-Known Member

Reports coming out of America that Robin Williams has found dead, apparent suicide...

2. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Robin Williams has died?!

3. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Ah ****, it's on NBC now.

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

NO..!

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

TThe episode of Family Guy making fun of him was just on. Unfortunate timing if it turns out to be true.

6. TheSecondStain

Possible suicide. ****. [Sorry Conor, didn't see above]

7. - Doing The Lambert Walk

please log in to view this image

8. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Robin Williams is dead?! How awful

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Wow, guess it is true then. On BBC too... Man.

10. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

He has had major substance abuse issues, and apparently relapsed within the past year or two. Wondering whether, having failed to beat them, he stopped trying.

11. TheSecondStain

I'm hearing that he shot himself. Suffering depression. He always had depression issues. It's what helped him be such a incredibly funny and sensitive bloke

12. - Doing The Lambert Walk

please log in to view this image

13. TheSecondStain

This is the sort of breaking news you never want to see. Personal heroes and people you admire because of their inate ability to bring moments of lightness, happiness and perhaps even joy, amongst the mundane and sadness that others inflict upon us.

Let's put it into cold perspective. Many people died today. In conflicts across the World. Some died by design, some accidentally. Some died because they couldn't stand living anymore, and some died after fighting disease. Some died peacefully simply because they were too old to live and some because they were just too young to survive. Robin Williams possibly died because he felt worthless and peripheral [the principle feeling of the clinically depressed]. His partner loved him and he seemed to have the ideal life, yet he was so incomplete within himself he put an end to it all.

I have a friend who is clinically depressed. Every day for him is a struggle, and believe me he is heavy going as well, amongst the happier times. Ordinary people like You or I couldn't contemplate the unrelenting worthlessness he feels for weeks, sometimes months, on end. He could be hopelessly alone in a sea of admirers and friends. I won't let him down because if I do I might tip him over the edge, and besides, he's a worthwhile individual who finds time to care, to be sensitive, and to have occasional fun. His struggle for lightness of being is something that often comes easily to us. And he gets fleeting glimpses of it.

14. TheSecondStain

15. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

Devastating. A wonderful actor, comedian and he seemed a wonderful man. One of those truly shocking, and really gutting pieces of news.

"I do Voices. YEAH!"

16. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

17. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

[QUO

E=TheSecondStain;6884908]This is the sort of breaking news you never want to see. Personal heroes and people you admire because of their inate ability to bring moments of lightness, happiness and perhaps even joy, amongst the mundane and sadness that others inflict upon us.

Let's put it into cold perspective. Many people died today. In conflicts across the World. Some died by design, some accidentally. Some died because they couldn't stand living anymore, and some died after fighting disease. Some died peacefully simply because they were too old to live and some because they were just too young to survive. Robin Williams possibly died because he felt worthless and peripheral [the principle feeling of the clinically depressed]. His partner loved him and he seemed to have the ideal life, yet he was so incomplete within himself he put an end to it all.

I have a friend who is clinically depressed. Every day for him is a struggle, and believe me he is heavy going as well, amongst the happier times. Ordinary people like You or I couldn't contemplate the unrelenting worthlessness he feels for weeks, sometimes months, on end. He could be hopelessly alone in a sea of admirers and friends. I won't let him down because if I do I might tip him over the edge, and besides, he's a worthwhile individual who finds time to care, to be sensitive, and to have occasional fun. His struggle for lightness of being is something that often comes easily to us. And he gets fleeting glimpses of it.[/QUOTE]

Well said TSS .

18. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Sad. Kinda weird that just last night my girlfriend and I watched the Friends episode where he and Billy Crystal had a cameo.

19. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

20. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some sickening images have appeared online of a seven year old boy in Syria holding a severed head. His father took the photo of him holding it.