1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Random News Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Uber_Hoop, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

I was planning to release them in Scotland. They'd feel at home on the West Coast. Anywhere but here...

2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Mate, you'd better get them in the gym first....our midges will batter them outta sight <laugh>

2004-06-30-midge.gif

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    Uber_Hoop and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

He could put them in ice cubes or wear them as a medal

4. Goldhawk-Road

5. Goldhawk-Road

6. Steelmonkey

And our government voted to keep this practice going <doh>

At least they'll be able to clean up their act now we don't have to abide by others rules...

FaT8jGqWIAAmgKF.jpeg

7. Goldhawk-Road

I agree, it's shocking. There are bad practices among the water companies. It also has to be said that are population has expanded greatly in the last 25 years which puts pressure on all services.

8. Steelmonkey

Yes, I know it's the BBC, but this is one of the stories today!

Sewage hits dozens of beaches in England and Wales after heavy rain

please log in to view this image

Pollution warnings are in place for dozens of beaches in England and Wales after untreated sewage was discharged into the sea around the coast.

Official data shows there have been a number of discharges since Monday, which Southern Water says are to protect homes and businesses.

The pollution follows a period of heavy rain across southern England, after a spell of extremely dry weather.

Warnings from the Safer Seas and Rivers Service are based on water firms' data.

The service is run by charity Surfers Against Sewage.

Many of the beaches contaminated are popular resorts and include:

• Bognor Regis, West Sussex
    • Newquay, Cornwall
    • East Looe, Cornwall
    • Heacham, Norfolk
    • Rest and Sandy Bay (Porthcawl), Bridgend
    • Morecambe North, Lancashire
    • Cowes, Isle of Wight
    • Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire
    • Sidmouth Town, Devon
    • Shoreham Beach, West Sussex
    • Southend-on-Sea, Essex
    The majority are along England's south coast.

Bathing water status
    Near Bath is a popular swimming spot along the River Avon called Warleigh Weir runs through an area belonging to landowner Johnny Palmer.

Untreated sewage has been released just upstream. Mr Palmer has been working for years to make the water clean enough to gain bathing water status.

"I think it's a disgrace. You've got children swimming. And you know, you can't tell your kids to not drink the water. So you've literally got children drinking sewage, which is the kind of thing you might expect in parts of Africa or India, but, you know, Western Europe," he said.

"Rivers are a central part of our landscape and our ecology and our natural environment. They are a resource that everyone can and should use - and does use."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62574105

9. Goldhawk-Road

This is legal to stop sewage backing up in people's homes. But still, there is not enough done by the water companies to prepare for it and thus find ways to prevent this.

10. Steelmonkey

Good job I've got a full head of hair...

Bald head 'insult' at Birmingham Monster Truck rock concert lead to 'vicious' beating, court told

A rock fan was subjected to a beating after another concert goer allegedly insulted him about glare from his bald head preventing him from seeing the group, a court heard.

A rock fan was subjected to a 'vicious' beating at a concert in Birmingham after a complaint was made about the "glare" from his bald head 'spoiling the view of the band', a court was told. The man was knocked unconscious and suffered a bleed to the brain as a result of the incident.

Andrew Ridley, 56, of Roundlea Road, Northfield, has denied causing grievous bodily harm with intent and an alternative charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm. Philip Beardwell, prosecuting at Birmingham Crown Court, said that on April 19 in 2019 a rock bank called Monster Truck had played at the O2 Academy in the City.

The alleged victim had gone to the concert, which was quite busy, along with his brother while the defendant was also there. Philip Beardwell told the court: "It seems that they were standing watching and there was a disagreement about who could see what.

"It was over lights shining off heads, something rather trivial you may think." Mr Beardwell said that the verbal disagreement then became physical with the alleged victim pushing the defendant.

Ridley responded by allegedly punching him and he fell to the ground and was knocked unconscious, the court heard. "Ridley got on top of him and continued to punch him," the prosecutor said.

He said as a result of the attack he was taken to hospital where he was kept in for three days. His most serious injury was a bleed to the brain revealed by a CT scan while he also suffered swelling across the left side of his forehead, cuts behind both eyes, a chipped tooth and swelling to his jaw.

When later quizzed Ridley said: "He hit me first so I hit him back." Giving evidence the alleged victim said he had also gone to the rock concert with three friends.

He said: "It was standing. The only thing I can remember is having a conversation with a man behind, he either tapped me on the shoulder or nudged me.

"He said that he could not see the band because of the glare off my bald head. It was offensive to me, a perfect stranger to say something like that." He said that the man had made the comment about two or three times and that the next thing he remembered was waking up in hospital, the court heard.

In cross examination he said he could not remember pushing the man although someone had told him he had done that and that he had taken the comment as an "insult." His brother said that the music had been very loud and that there had been a couple of hundred at the Academy.

He said he had seen his brother push the other man who had struggled to remain on his feet. However, he said, the man had then punched his brother to the head with full force and that he had gone straight to the ground.

He said he had been "shocked" and that someone else had pulled the man off his brother, the court heard. While Jeremy Wood, another concert goer, said he became aware of a disturbance behind him and said "I saw a man assaulting another man viciously

11. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Why should bystanders or staff simply watch these criminals carry out these acts of vandalism and await the useless police to do their mediocre thing?

kiwiqpr and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  12. Goldhawk-Road

If you touched them, you'd be visiting the Crown Court. I have no faith whatsoever that the police are interested in tracking these vandals down and putting them forward for prosecution. Seems to be the world we live in now.

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  13. Uber_Hoop

It’s insane, isn’t it? Watching that footage I’d have stood in front of the pumps to stop them vandalising them. I’d like to have seen them try to forcibly move me aside. Unfortunately, the red mist would probably descend and I’d end up with a police record.

Probably a tenuous link for some, but the need to deal with these cranks properly is a great argument for leaving the ICHR and having our own Bill of Rights. It’s hard to argue with the provisions of the ICHR but, for me, the thing that’s missing is a better test (in certain circumstances) as to whether implementing the provisions of the Convention and giving rights to a the individual is in the interests of the many. I know we’d have to be careful to ensure such tests are objective, but you look at this wanton act of vandalism and disruption and, who knows, the knock-on effect it might have on someone else’s crisis, and it seems obvious to me that these criminals should be dragged by the hair and thrown unceremoniously into a pit of ****.

IwasanotherwatfordR and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. Goldhawk-Road

When dealing with these selfish extremists, you have to remember the mum who was just trying to get her child to school. These zombies sat in front of her car, she nudged them an inch and was prosecuted and lost her licence.

I just wonder when the defence of provocation might cut in. I just want to lamp these self-righteous ****wits. Liz Truss has promised to bring in a Bill of Rights that will take precedence over the ICHR, which would be a major improvement. She needs to be tougher than Boris Johnson was. She has a challenge on a day when a poll of GB News viewers shows they would rather Starmer was PM than Truss or Sunak (Strolls will be pleased). I believe a lot of these are Boris supporters that haven't got over the trauma of losing him. The first task for Truss will be energy bills - massive, and mostly down to Putin. I could see another furlough type scheme coming in to help business and home, but the UK is going to badly in debt by the end.

In case anyone thinks all this is the Tories' fault, take a look at Scotland at the moment...

15. Uber_Hoop

I hope to God that Truss surprises everyone and turns into the right leader at the right time, but I can’t see it happening. Truss, Sunak. Starmer. All bollocks, innit? Where is the Messiah?

kiwiqpr and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  16. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

I’m afraid my red mist would descend at speed and that hammer would be inserted where the sun don’t shine, it’s simples <steam><steam><steam><steam><steam>:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry

Uber_Hoop and Steelmonkey like this.
  17. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

News Flash!!!

Smith & Leishman sign with LIVgolf.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/c...h-greg-norman-s-liv-golf-20220830-p5be1g.html

Well done to them.
    The yanks don’t anything for the Oz tour, they only look after themselves…..so now we’ll get some game time.

Norman was here last week to suss things out.

I’d like to see the two join together ( as Norman wants to do ) but can’t see the PGA hooking up.
    It’s all about them and them only.

As l mentioned earlier, the PGA & the European tour already have a sanctioned tournament In Saudi Arabia but it seems, that ok for them but not others.

18. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

OK enough is enough, what I'm about to post is seriously distressing and abhorrent. These ****s and all like them need to be executed, I'm sick of scum like this walking our streets and breathing our air. Some people don't deserve to live !

19. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

20. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.