1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers reject Edu bid

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Otto Flayshow, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

And the ****e continues to flow.

2. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Voted best goalie at the world cup.<laugh>

http://keeper-skool.com/buffon-wins-world-cup-2006-best-goalkeeper

3. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

what's below the belt?

4. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

I would argue he was certainly one of the best, better than Klos or MacGregor and on his day as good as Goram who was not the perfect keeper by any means. You have to remember the era Goram played in with Rangers spending power not many teams in the SPL could get past Rangers defence. He performed well against Celtic most of the time because he hated losing to us but he had plenty of howlers in Europe and he was'nt exactly super fantastic when he took the huff and walked out on Scotland during a competition because leighton was in ahead of him.

5. DevAdvocate

On 20 October 2008, Boruc was one of 55 players (including 5 goalkeepers) shortlisted for the FIFPro World XI Player Awards

6. ManDingo 20"/20"

I seem to remember money in the SPL back then was better value than it was today <sentantacollapsesadface> so while the Rangers team was obviously better so where the other teams

It may just be because Andy Goram was my hero growing up but in all honesty i don't think Boruc even compares to him, or Leighton for that matter in fact I'd consider McGregor on par with Boruc and if we are going by money values then McGregor clearly beats him, he may be 2 years older but goalkeepers tend to hit prime in their 30s.

Goram walked out, so what he might've been being a dick but at least he was competitive. Do you think Boruc would act any different if Zaluskas had taken his Poland jersey during a WC? personally I'd say Borucs behaviour is just as erratic as Gorams.

Trev i think the below the belt remark was aimed at me for the Alzheimers video.

7. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine if we had got Boruc under o'neill , seemingly he was on the radar then , that Seville team would have had the world at its feet , the only weakness was Bob the builder, mind you he had a couple of cracking games on the way to the final , puts him on par with some of the other goalies mentioned earlier in the post.i will admit Craig Muddleton and Ian Andrews were poor

8. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

You are having a laugh. Boruc as good as or better than Gorum.<laugh>

The reason you lot rate him so highly is because your keeper is usually ****e/mediocre. He started off well but will be forever remembered for his howlers, then his childish behaviour.

P.S. El Hadj Diouf got on the list of FIFAs 100 greatest players alive.

9. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

No response I see about your false claims Boruc got best goalie at WC 2006.<laugh>

10. DevAdvocate

Yes Boruc was as good as Goram in my opinion.

No point in arguing about it as it's my opinion and you are not going to change it.

11. ManDingo 20"/20"

Do you think Dado Prso will have "Artur Boruc broke my heart" on his gravestone?

12. harryhood67

There were different awards as there always is at these tournaments Boruc got voted in the team of tournament by the tv panelist , remember he also had an outstanding euro2008 , as said earlier Goram couldn't get a game before an old Jim Leighton and walked out . Prso !!! Was that the guy with the pony tail that stood at the half way line and waved his hands to his defenders to say he was still there , he was also seen kicking off after Celtic scored another goal in the white wash season or our seven old firm wins on the trot under the best manager ever to work in our country Martin O'neill

13. Girvan Loyal 1690

So he was even better than big jock? you're a retarded old **** harry. McLeish won more trophies than O'Neill FACT

14. harryhood67

Only in Scotland would that happen , 2003 go and ask any neutral who were the better team Celtic or Rangers despite rangers winning treble every neutral would say Celtic, we thrilled them with our attacking displays to get us to Seville and who can forget John Hartson onside by 3 yards disallowed goal in the old firm final , honest mistake !!! Aye just another one to add to the list

15. Girvan Loyal 1690

we won the treble but you were better team <laugh>

at least when went to the UEFA final (on a shoe string budget) we managed to salvage some silverware infact we were robbed by the so called rangers biased SPL / SFA out of the treble. Any other other FA in europe would have done all the could so one of their clubs could have won a european trophy

16. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Boruc was, and is, a very good keeper. Sure he made mistakes but what good keeper doesnt? McGreggor is alaso a very good keeper yet makes **** ups too. Same for Goram, Klos, Woods and so on and so on

Van Der Sar and Schmeichel (SP) were top - both made monumental **** ups at times

Just because they play for your rivals and you maybe dont like them as a person doesnt take a way from the fact they can be good.

I despair at many a celtic or Rangers fan so blinded by their hatred of their rivals

17. harryhood67

That was season you lied to spl / sfa to get a game against Gretna cancelled , that was the season you got an extension that has never happened before , did you want to finish the season when our players were at the European championships ???

18. Girvan Loyal 1690

boruc went to fiorentina to sit on the bench. FACT

19. Girvan Loyal 1690

5 games in 8 days at the end of the longest season ever. thanks for that SPL <ok>

PS dont talk to me about postponing games.

20. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

He's played 43 times in the year and a half since he left (including a spell out injured)

Hardly sat on the bench each game is it?