1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers to make an approach for Beale

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by SRR, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

True

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

From something I’ve just read in the Daily Record, Beale was in the directors box in Ibrox for the game against Aberdeen on 29 October, and he did the rounds of the local pubs afterwards, canvassing support. This is less than ten days after his loyalty speech about Wolves. I suspect he had been told about the impending vacancy at Rangers while all the Wolves stuff was ongoing. Perhaps he would have gone to Wolves if the Rangers option wasn’t available.

Didley Squat likes this.
  3. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

That was an article by Kieth Jackson and he said he was canvassing support, it is bollocks. He had said on social media way before the Wolves situation happened, he knew QPR were playing on the Friday night so had decided he was going to watch Rangers, I very much doubt it was all planned to take over the manager's job. The Daily Record is a ****ing rag of a newspaper and says anything to try and sell some copies.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  4. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Let’s give the job to sherwood, have him lose the next ten then sack him. Just so I don’t have to see the ****ers name linked to QPR every six months for the next ten years.

5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

But then you wouldn’t have made the “integrity” statement he made if you knew that Sb.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Perhaps he’s not that bright…..because if he goes to Rangers the ‘integrity’ statement was clearly bullshit. He said what he thought people wanted to hear without considering the consequences. He should have just said ‘I’m very flattered by the interest from Wolves, but this isn’t the right opportunity for me at this time’ and no one would have batted an eyelid.

But who knows, perhaps he is brimming with integrity and will be staying with us after all……..

…but this bollocks is making me want to distract myself with the World Cup, which I have pretty successfully avoided so far……

SW Ranger likes this.
  7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

If Rangers want him, he will go...plain and simple. He will take some of the backroom staff, but probably not all...as said before Ramsey and Hall are QPR. Banfield is Warburton employed...so possibly he might go. It is not unusual, all managers bring in new people...the person we appoint will want to too. So let it happen.

I think the board want him gone now, they won't stand in his way...too much distraction, not enough truth...the loyalty speech will not go down well if he has done anything more than answer Rangers first phone call with a "no thank you" (which he seems to have done with Wolves though....). The last 5 matches with one point gained and in 2 of them we did not even turn up, may have worried the board too.

I want a manager similar to Beale, Critchley fits the mark

And we want them now. Like Rangers we are back in training, with a match mid week (friendly vs Livingstone) we need it done quick

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    QPR999, Kilburn and Frome-Ranger like this.
  8. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

9. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Interesting distraction to who we could possibly bring in as an MB replacement.
    Critchley seems a popular choice. Replaced Beale at Villa for a short while and believed to be of a similar ethos.
    Kieran McKenna is an interesting coach that could be considered. Doing a good job at Ipswich at the moment and a strong background.

Anyone else have some interesting choices they would like to be considered if MB does move on?

10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

As long as it isn’t Sol Campbell or Tim I’ll take who ever

TootingExcess likes this.

11. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

That story broke a couple of days ago, I didn't pay it much notice though, seems far too weird.

12. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

I doubt it worried the board at all, as if Sky Sports Scotland are correct, your board were negotiating a contract extension with him when Rangers came calling.

13. Hammersmith bookie

I don't pay much notice to any of the rag reports including the ones saying its a done deal that Beale is leaving !

monacoger likes this.
  14. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Yep, indeed, it still wouldn't overly surprise me if Beale isn't the next Rangers manager.

15. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Really wish the club had put something out, even just to say there has been contact. So many of our fans are acting like absolute twats online based on speculation and assumptions. Whatever happens with Beale this just feels really damaging.

Mind you the rabid reporting in the Scottish media and Rangers fan sites has been bordering on psychotic.

SW Ranger and Steelmonkey like this.
  16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

When Jim White understands it's usually happening...

17. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I made a post saying likewise the other day, based on the fact that no other club would dare steal him off us!

Now that l’ve been able to regain my composure, l retract my comments made in an emotional state.

Nothing could ever compensate having Sherwood at QPR.

18. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He "understands" which is basically bollox.... surely if he knew something it would be "I've been told ".... This is the same guy who does the transfer window closing day and that's mostly bollox as well....

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Apparently if he is appointed he will be back in the New Year with big cash..

.for Lyndon Dykes

MelburnIAN and UTRs like this.
  20. Hammersmith bookie

Screenshot_20221127-200623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Think it's safe to say the twat is hedging his bets !