1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers to win the Big tax case

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Medro, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Aye, sometimes it's just nice to watch some fitba :grin:

2. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

<ok> Aye.

3. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

I must say I fully expected Rangers to be liable for the total amount, say about 40 milafter the case.

As they were liquidated HMRC would not get anything more from them and MIH would be in the sights.

Todays news that Rangers will have to pay a much smaller sum (they can't) but the bulk falls on the recipients..makes me smile...whole lot of suing on the agenda

Now add to this confirmation of dual contracts...well I'm thinking 12inarow is just around the corner

And to think...if they "won" this in 2011 Rangers might not have died

4. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Reliable sources Loyal.<ok>

Cossy fail.

Mindy fail

Whoops

Jiffy fail

Mindy fail

<laugh>

5. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

6. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

It's an arse skelping for the internet Taigs no doubt. That rtc must be feeling like a retard just now.

7. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

All his months and months of hard work.

<laugh>

8. Chapmeister...

Chapmeister... Well-Known Member

Yes I remember lloyds, they were due £18m leaving about £7m. I'm sorry, are they the only money lenders out there? Is that who Celtic are in debt to?

He promised 25m over 5 years, he got around £25m-ish from the idiots at ticketus leaving around £7m which was being hunted by duff n phelps and never found.

Not all of it flower.

Yeah, like you fully expected them to lose the case. And fully expected Celtic to win the treble last year until that ref ****ed you's over at the semi-final of your first chance at silverware! haha

Who's fault for the defeat tonight? Ref? Rangers? Sfa? Hugh Dallas? Barcelona hangover?

These idiots (with mindy being by far the worst!) fail so often it'll be easier just to note when they haven't failed!

Yep, walloper has went from hero to zero faster than jimmy savile!

9. Admiral Pure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18797395

Supposedly, you were running at a annual loss of £10m. Without a sugardaddy or bank to cover the cost. Lloyds bailed because they feared losing the cash if the BTC went against you. No other bank would've taken the risk whilst the BTC was hanging over you. You ran at a loss of £4m even in administration when your costs were slashed. And Whyte simply did not have the funds to run your club, if he paid PAYE, administration would've come earlier.

By the way, I see Alastair Johnston agrees with me - the result of the BTC means liquidation was entirely avoidable <laugh>

As pointed out, without the BTC, Whyte would never have been in a position to buy Rangers. So it appears I was right. You were liquidated for no reason <ok>

10. Gambol

If what you say is correct then liquidation was unavoidable - running at a loss, no sugardaddy, and a bank that bailed - those are very good reasons for liquidation - regardless of the BTC or it's result (in fact in your scenario the BTC is moot).

11. Admiral Pure

Well, after losing out on the potential european money early last season, administration was unavoidable under Craigy Whyte as he simply didn't have the funds to cover the running costs. Having said that, players like Jelavic could've been sold earlier and possibly for more (£6m is looking a snip now), and players contracts shouldn't have been so inflated. If you'd sold some or all of Whittaker, Davis, Naismith and Jelavic at the start of last season, you possibly could've paid that PAYE. But fans would've gone mental ...

So yes it's Craig Whyte's "fault" - he didn't have the cash to run the club so stopped paying bills that led to administration, which in turn led to liquidation. But by doing that he kept the club running for a good few months when it was technically insolvent (and the refusal of the CVA by HMRC was probably based on the BTC not PAYE liability)

And yes, it's Murray's "fault" - he should've held off and not sold to someone like Whyte. But ultimately he only did so because the BTC put off more credible buyers. I read somewhere that Paul Murray (of Blue Knights 'fame') offered to buy the club before Whyte on the condition that MIH took responsibility for all HMRC/EBT liability. Don't know if that's true but if so, it looks like Minty lost his bottle and sold to the wrong man.

Anyway, it's history now. If Whyte gets out of this whole thing without criminal charges, I'll be surprised. Minty looks OK on that front obviously now, but the whole scenario is still his ultimate responsibility.

12. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

Does this mean we go straight back into the SPL and get a bonus 10 points to replace the ones they took off us last season?

13. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

And 90 mil compensation

14. Gambol

Seems a fair assessment to me. <ok>

15. Gambol

Seems the liquidators are gonny be looking at the loans to see if they can get them back. Heard they can if the loans came from RFC but also heard they can't because the loans are owed to the trust and not RFC. I'd be ****ting maself right now if I'd been a recipient of an EBT at Rangers <laugh>

16. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

In other words, you were too lazy to read it all and thought it would be easier if you just agreed?

17. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

No you wouldn't. You'd have a fortune to fight it and have a plethora of tax advisors.

18. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

This

19. Gambol

What part don't you agree with?

20. Gambol

Aye, true.