1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rate our transfer window out of 10

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Grifter, Sep 2, 2014.

?

Rate our transfer window out of 10

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

Ins
    Caulker
    Mutch
    Fer
    Rio
    Sandro
    McCarthy
    J.Robinson
    Isla (loan)
    Vargas (loan)
    Kranjcar (loan)

Taarabt

Outs
    Remy
    Granero
    Simpson
    O'niel
    Cesar
    Doyle
    Hitchcock
    A.Hughes
    Sharif
    L.Young
    Ephraim
    Park.JS
    A.Johnson
    Mbia
    Carreiro
    Benayoun
    Magri

Morrison
    Maiga
    Keane
    BAE

2. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

8 for me. I will revise it to nine if Vargas turns in a few goals.

3. QPR1968

QPR1968 Member

Vargas is a machine. Slow start, get up to speed and then unstoppable.

4. westlondonlalala

westlondonlalala Well-Known Member

I like that we kept Adel. I would also like to have re-signed Morrison.. I know issue filled but was a joy to watch - we get moments of magic with some players -

5. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

9. Would have been 10 if we had landed a top replacement for Remy. But given the short time we had to replace him it's a good solid 9 from me.

Total shift in strategy it seems, well impressed by Tony, Phil and Harry. We are no pushovers anymore.

6. CroydonCaptainJack

Three someone has voted. Is Flyer back?

7. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

You can see who voted what by clicking on the numbers :)

8. CroydonCaptainJack

Thanks Grifter. You and I were similar at least!

9. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

I'll vote when I get home and can use a computer, but I'm really pleased with this window. Young, hungry players for the most part, and not a huge outlay in fees.

I'd have liked a striker, but we have players who can play up front fairly comfortably if Austin gets injured or needs a rest. I might be tempted to play Adel as a false 9 against the big boys until we can get in a reinforcement - he did well against Chelsea away last time around.

Otherwise, very well done.

10. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I voted 3 and here's why.

My main concern is the loss of Remy. I'm not really sure we have replaced his goals and newly promoted teams that fail tend to fail because they can't score enough goals, (1 in 3 matches so far with Remy in the team isn't a great return to date). I'm not too sure how good Isla and Vargas actually are. We signed both based on their performances at the world cup which can be a notoriously bad method of recruiting players. I think both Fer and Sandro (£17m for the pair) are both decent players but I feel we have paid far more than we should have for them. It remains to be seen how good they actually are, time will tell. Mc Carthy is decent back up for Green. I didn't rate Nico in the Championship last year so I'm not too sure he will be successful in the Premiership.

Of course, I hope we succeed with this squad and I hope my fears are totally unfounded.

Edit, I also feel we could have got rid of a few more players in that squad who I am not too sure are good enough to keep us in this league and replaced them with better ones who are, Henry, SWP and Traore spring to mind.

11. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

I hear you, Finglas, but we do now have midfielders who should be able to carry some of the striking load.

I'd also say that Traore can do a job for us as cover, and Henry looked up for it during pre-season.

SWP though... Well. There's no hope there.

12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I like the squad. Striker is the only probllem.
    I fear Charlie is not quite up to it. I also fear each time he approaches a good run he will get injured, he seems to have a chronic injury problem. Vargas really needs to be good. Or Taarabt needs to change his whole life around.
    From there the midfielders real good hungry young players.Sandro looks the icing on the cake.

Defence, with Sandro in front looks ok, but can only see Isla, Yun and Triaore as full backs, or has Clint beaten off the opposition again.
    So happy on a 8-9 out of 10 scale...Think I will go 9....simply on the player we did NOT buy...Borini, we did not fall for it this time.

13. Caymanmanx

Caymanmanx Member

Am delighted with the recruitment strategy. Both in and out.

Am worried about cover at RB/RWB and up front. I've confidence in Austin, but we need 3 good strikers IMO. Fingers crossed Vargas makes the EPL cut.

14. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

The squad has a much better balance than last time round.

Would've like to see a striker, even a youngster who is up n coming. Disappointed we lost Simpson, Hitchcock and Remy. Would've like to see SWP go and he who shall not be named, but equally hope that he has an epiphany moment and gets on board now.

Some good prospects with some consideration for the future. As a squad they are good enough to stay up, just hope they can perform as a team on the pitch. Two semi decent performances so far, I would like to see some consistency in team selection and allow the players to really understand each other well.

15. Caymanmanx

Caymanmanx Member

SWP is the reason I worry about deadline day acquisitions. Who's be stupid enough to take him?

Do we have any promising kids we can promote to 1st team squad to cover lack of striking options?

16. daveinmelbourne

8 for me, I think we have real quality in midfield now. Fer was class on Saturday.

A little disappointed Simpson has gone as he was dependable. Remy, well we all knew it may happen whether Borini was the answer? I don't think so. Incidentally, where's Hooper gone too if at all?

17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I rate it at 8.

I think that we bought good quality and young players, with the exception of the experience of Rio (who has already proved himself in the hoops).

However, I think management thought we would keep Remy and now we find ourselves one striker down. Let's hope that we stay clear of severe injuries, althought it may prompt us to play 4-2-3-1 which may not be a bad option.

We also managed to shift quite a few of the deadwood players, with the execption of SWP, who still might be loaned. I admit that I was disapointed to lose Simpson as he played consistently well last year, especially that we may now play a standard back four.

Also, it is good to see that Adel is still with us and it wlll be interesting to see how this develops.

I admit I am already looking forward to the next match which is unfortunately only on Sundaty week.

18. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I'm a little undecided

Very disappointed that we let Simpson go, and haven't strengthened our striking options - scoring goals will be crucial this season as there are plenty of teams that will be able to score freely

The overall business done has been very encouraging though, with my only concern being whether Kranky is really up to playing in the PL now

However, ultimately the test is whether we can remain in this league, and in this I'm a lot more confident now than I have been for some while, so overall a 7 is fair

19. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

8 for me. think we've done some very good business both for this season & longer.

Where we've lacked imo is RB/RWB cover now Simpson has gone, a first choice LB/LWB as neither Yun, Traore or Hill seems to fit the description although would like to see Yun given ago, finally the lack of striking cover is also of concern with only 3 strikers one of whom is probably good for 45 mins at best.

20. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Its an 8 from me,the only worry is the shortage of striking options