1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Raul has been sacked

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Aug 15, 2020.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

My suspicion is that this has something to do with his relationships with agents. I am not sure how this will affect our transfer business now. and even the direction of the club we need a replacement for him.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

****! thats crazy - makes you wonder how this links to the investigation into Pepe's transfer.

I heard an interview with Unai fairly recently where he mentioned himself and Minislat had list of players they wanted to sign. None of them were Pepe - they were mainly defenders/midfielders yet the Club seemingly blew their whole budget on the one player. The whole thing looks suspect.

Also makes you wonder what the truth behing the Minslat debacle was.

I guess Arteta will have alot more influence now.

3. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

In my opinion I think Raul has been helping out friends when it comes to some transfers and has been compensated for it. Mari, Cedric and Luiz jump out to me. Also reading reports that Jorge Mendes was paid 10 million for pepe transfer. Raul is dodgey I never liked him I'm happy he is gone

4. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

The positives I see from this is that arsenal have used Raul to build relationships with certain agents, these agents will continue to work with us as I doubt they will be loyal to Raul over the ££.

It shows kroenke is being proactive and ruthless.

The negatives I imagine this could have messed up a few of our targets. And that we are lacking continuity

5. TheBear

Well seems dodgy for sure. I think it's all about the agent fees etc.. The thing is football is clearly dirty like this and the 'I scratch your back..you scratch mine' approach to business obviously has some advantages.

6. TheBear

Interestingly Sanhlelli is blaming Covid for his departure - so maybe the whole restructuring is somewhat financially motivated.

7. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

He would say that wouldn't he, the same way Wenger said he resigned.

white_gunner likes this.
  8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

What an interesting brand of ownership the Kroenkes have - Ignore everything for 2-3 years, then pop their head in, see who isn’t performing, and sack the lot. Would probably be better to be more proactive rather than reactive but hey ho.

I don’t mind Raul left, I was not happy with most of the players he signed. (Even though I rate Pepe, I still think we massively overpaid for him)

For me, what this really is starting to confirm though is the Kroenkes haven’t a clue who to install at arsenal behind the scenes, almost everyone that’s been hired in the past 2 years has been sacked.

9. TheBear

True but the letter is quite flattering to Arsenal. There's nothing but praise in there.

10. TheBear

This is why Kroenke scares me a little as Arsenal owner; it's all business with this guy. I feel if things go badly with the club financially he would just sell us on to the highest bidder. That doesn't feel very 'Arsenal'.

gooner4ever likes this.

11. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I hoped that Uzmanov would buy us, as he is a Gooner at heart and promised to spend billions on us :(

if Kroenke ever sells he would buy

12. TheBear

I have a friend who gets hired to investigate people for businesses. Corporate espionage basically - anyway he was convinced that Usmanov would end up in the slammer at some point. He seemed to think Arsenal distanced themselves from him because he has multiple nefarious links.

13. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

don’t they all have them

NLDISRED and TheBear like this.