1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading between the lines - Caulker

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by iggypop, Jul 3, 2014.

1. iggypop

iggypop Member

Quote from Ole:
    "However much we'd like to hold on to a player like Steven, I've found myself powerless due to clauses in contracts drawn up before I arrived at the club."
    This smacks of attitude - he is NOT a happy man, and likes to believe this would not have happened on his watch. To be forced into selling Caulker for half a million less than we paid for him seems totally barmy.

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Welcome to the strange world of Malky & Moody

3. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Please, please please....let it go ffs

Reading between the lines, supposition, rumour...anyway what have the terms of a contract got to do with manager & chief scout.

Caulker is too good for championship & would have gone anyway

4. bluebird_nat

bluebird_nat Member

Agree with whiffle, despite the clause in his contract he would of gone anyway. We might of held out for a bit more, but I don't believe it would of been much more. He's too good for the Championship and wish him all the best at QPR. Lets hope he can do for them what he didn't done for us!

5. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I actually think the calculated risk of signing him 8.5m and setting the release at 8m is not that stupid. At the time it was seen as very good business managing to sign him.

I don't think he was that great for us, others do. I think next season at another club might show whether we were **** at the back and he had no chance or whether he was a part of the problem.
    I am sure whoever signs him should be looking to put him next to an aggressive cb who is also a leader. I think him and Hudson could have worked for us but sadly a mixture of MM's preference for Turner and injuries never let that partnership establish.

6. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

If we'd had fullbacks who could defend I think we would have seen the best of Caulker; He will play for England many times in the future in my opinion.

7. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Agree totally with Stevo......Hudson & Caulker...if only....

8. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

At least there should be no profit share to pay to Spurs if there was any kind of sell on clause in the deal. Although it would have been nice to have an extra £2m or so to divvy up.