1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Reading v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Seeing as this isn't. A match thread anymore. I saw this post on CI thought it pretty accurate myself.
    Well done to the poster.

The war is lost matey, football has changed beyond all recognition. We will never get back the 70's, they have gone and they will never return, just like our youth.
    I choose not to go to Reading yesterday and spent the afternoon in Beverley instead, I didn't even know our score until 7.30 pm last night. Went in the new 'sports bar' in Flemingate, it's pretending to be Argentinian, I think, in Beverley, East Yorkshire. looked flash enough, loads of big screen tellys showing the football, and scattered about inside three or four tossers in West Ham shirts ( not together either), one middle aged bloke in a Leeds shirt, couple of Man U and so on. All transfixed to the big screen all pretending to be football fans at a proper game. I walked straight out, never even ordered a pint.
    That's is football today all over the country.
    Fake.
    I'd much sooner turn the clock back 30 years and be in Silver Cod on a Saturday dinner time when the Stones was less then a £1 a pint, then tumble across road at 5 to 3 and stand together in the East Strand with a 100 or so like minded blokes and watch us beat Halifax or someone 1-0 and thoroughly enjoy it. But it's gone.
    Tell you what though the next time City are away on a Saturday, I'll be there, not in a fake sports bar in Beverley with a load of mute 30/40 year olds wearing brand new replica shirts of the Premier club of their choice all looking round wanting to be noticed and all pretending to be at a proper game. I bet they all say at work on Monday that the 'atmosphere' was great. Was it ****.
    As for owners, none have been ideal. I was once thrown out of Don Robinsons office before a game at the height of his fame in the 'good old days' Everything wasn't perfect then either. I was told to my face by Fish that he didn't want my type of support on a night when there were less then 2,000 in the ground and I'd sponsored the ****ing match ball.
    None of them were great, and perhaps Pearson was a close to It and even he bailed out when he saw the chance to cash in.
    These owners will be gone soon enough, like all the others have because nothing lasts for ever.
    In the meantime I'm just happy to enjoy what is left of the 'football day out' and more time then enough that is spoilt by the game itself.
    No-one is a ****er for not going and no-one is one for attending.
    Don't forget, your a long time dead.

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

If she's doing that for all of her blokes, there's no wonder I'm skint.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  3. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

We also got arse kissing turncoats who completely changed their principles & values along with demonising their fellow supporters who saw Allam for what he is & decided to make a stand against all the **** that he threw their way. Some where adamant that those refusing to go wouldn't be missed or remembered as their places would be filled by otherl. Some accused long standing supporters of hounding out an ambitious owner.

Some completely changed their principles depending what league we were in at the time. PLW types.

Pre PL
    All your words, sorry I nicked them earlier.

"Don't you think tradition has any place in football? If someone came along and said "to hell with over a hundred years of black and amber you're playing in luminescent green from now on." would that be ok? I honestly think some supporters have a door mat strapped to their backs with the words 'Wipe your feet here.'.

For me the badge, the club, colours and the traditions have been an integral part of HCAFC since they were created by generations of supporters who were proud of them and would have expected us to protect them. The fact that supporters like you feel no pride in these things and wouldn't mind if we became the penguins is a sad thing and a bit of an insult to those past generations.

Also you seem to have a total lack of respect for supporters which probably says more about you, but anyone with even a glimmer of football knowledge knows that the supporters are the club and the day we lose interest will be the day football dies."

https://www.not606.com/threads/ot-cardiff-reds.149886/

Post PL
    "If the rebrand goes through most of those who complain about it will still go to matches. The ones who refuse to go won't be missed or remembered, because others who want to see top quality football will soon take their places."

"We want the good times to keep coming - Therefore we know we need to keep Allam - The name issue is irrelevant because even if Allam gets his way it will change back after he's gone - But by that time our future in the Prem could be secure."

"CTWD want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs - To stop a temporary name change they want to cut off our source of revenue and send the club spiralling back down the leagues."

"The priority for most of us is for the good times to continue as long as possible. The biggest threat to that isn't on the field, it's from those who would hound out an ambitious owner who has already demonstrated his commitment to achieving success."

https://www.not606.com/threads/silent-majority-finding-their-voice.277527/page-3#post-7070689

https://www.not606.com/threads/lets-say-this-rebrand-happens.277242/page-2#post-7057894

https://www.not606.com/threads/in-support-of-dr-allam.238196/page-3#post-5658022

Of course I mean you, you & the other you. It has been shown before but it never hurts to revisit the past. You are the biggest hypocritical PLW ever, congratulations.

& that's why you should have said **** all.

4. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Yes I said all that and I still do.
    I have spent most of my life wishing City could be in the top tier of football. I still do and yes I think Allam was our best chance of staying there.
    Sorry if that's a bit of an anti-climax after all your hard work.

5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Anybody who knows me will confirm I don't do hard work. You made it easy for me.

"You seem to have a total lack of respect for supporters which probably says more about you, but anyone with even a glimmer of football knowledge knows that the supporters are the club and the day we lose interest will be the day football dies."

Promotion

"The ones who refuse to go won't be missed or remembered, because others who want to see top quality football will soon take their places."

Wonderful.

6. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Just like in real life some people earn respect and some don't. I respect you Ben for the amount of time you spend doing all your research.

7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Search engine up the top of the page & a decent memory.

8. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Nevertheless well done.

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

You're welcome.

10. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

So there are only two ways of conducting business in your world then. Compromise or confrontation. Fortunately, the rest of us live in a richer more nuanced world.

11. AlRawdah

That’s simply just made up. The campaign systematically dismantled the Allams’ arguments in a respectful way - if it hadn’t, if have had nothing to do with it.

I’ll be generous - I think you have a very poor memory of the actual events of 2014 and 2015.

12. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

What are the other ways?

13. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

14. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Go and get a pint, a shag or a crumpet, rarely read such bullshit and can only believe you're being mischievous.

Kempton likes this.
  15. AlRawdah

Well one alternative is the way it played out when the club tried to change the name - due process and application of rules and laws, followed by sensible arbitration. There of course other ways to go about life. But I’ll leave you to the joys of google to discover them.

Craigo likes this.
  16. GEvans76

You can't beat a crumpet with lovely melted butter on top.
    Beer is a given
    Shag I am married so only on date night so I only get it once a week.
    Good call.

17. AlRawdah

You could have a tea cake with lovely melted butter on top.

18. GEvans76

Good call or a scone with clotted cream?

AlRawdah and Craigo like this.
  19. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Over the question of renaming our football club Hull Tigers there is no compromise. It is either or. The only bullying during that campaign came from the Allams. If you don't give me what I want I'll walk away within 24 hours, giving the club away if I need to.

The Allams have spent over a quarter of a billion pounds and we are in roughly the same place as when they took us over. If we accept their argument over the name change an extra £20 million or so would have made little or no difference to us staying up under Bruce or Phelan/Silva. They collected the golden egg and wasted it, not once, but twice. In reality there was no extra money from the name change, it was a snide attempt to get revenge on Hull City Council because they didn't give him the KCOM. There was nothing stopping them marketing Hull City as The Tigers in the far east, absolutely nothing. They didn't because they knew it would have cost them money to pay for the marketing and there would have been little or no reward.

Yes we have some fine memories under the Allams, but arguably not as great as those given to us by Bartlett. Premier League football for the first time in our history, Hull 4 London 0, the draw at Liverpool when we should have won, the fright we gave Manchester United at Old Trafford and a few others.

Bartlett didn't take away concessions from the elderly, the disabled and the young. Neither did he have to close the upper west because he'd upset thousands of City supporters or upset thousands of potential City supporters by evicting them from the Airco Arena. Bartlett nearly put us into receivership so memories are not a very good indicating of how good an owner is.

This season shows they have learnt nothing from their experiences as Hull City's owners. Bending the knee over the name change would not have improved their ability to run our football club.

20. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Aye, okay.