1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading v QPR

Discussion in 'Reading' started by ELLERS, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Morning Dave and Royals fans

Thought I would pop over and see how things are going before we meet on Thursday.

Disappointed that Sky has once again ruined the fixture by putting on what is normally an awful game on TV (Thursday)? Many of my mates cannot make it due to the day.

This was a fixture I was not looking forward to 4 weeks ago but now feel more confident. Then we had Benny (Chris Ramsey) in charge who was clueless. If we had kept him we would have been relegated. The team were not playing well and team selection was a mystery.

Now it is a different story.

Under NW the team are playing for him and all the under achievers have stepped up. The defence is now solid and we have Austin back so our attack looks great. The one thing that really pleases me is the commitment the players are showing. Something I did not see under Ramsey.

Yesterday was our best performance of the season and completely outclassed a poor Leeds side. Never once did I feel that they might score. Something I have not felt in a long time. Faurlin and Sandro gave a midfield masterclass. Charlie is on fire again and I will hate the day he goes but expect it.

Reading seemed to be doing well a few weeks ago but have lost their way of late. It didn’t help that Clark decided to go to Fulham and back again? Must say that was a strange move by him but remember he is Chelsea so will always stab you in the back. He must be a dead man walking now? Do you fans feel differently towards him? I thought you had a good transfer window with Vydra being the best. Blackman seemed to be doing the business for you but gone quiet recently, is this due to team selection position? You need to sort your defence out as I see you let in 8 goals in four games which I find strange compared with a few weeks ago where you looked solid.

I think both clubs are capable of making the play-offs depending on managers. We need to keep Colin and not go after JFH/Rowlett blah blah blah. Reading need to get rid of Clark and bring in a fresh face. Neither team will go up automatically. That will be decided by Derby/Hull/Burnley/Boro/Brighton.

I cannot call this one but feel more confident now. Happy with a draw and a few beers.

Ellers

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

just been on your board mate. Yes we've lost our way, above all because of Steve Clarke nearly running off to your Fulham neighbours. Confidence has been blown, not sure what to expect to be honest ...

3. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Hiya Ellers.

The points are yours for the taking mate. I've got us down for a draw, but that's more in hope than expectation. We've gone right down the pan after a decent start to the season. The Clarke/Fulham debacle hasn't helped any, but the rot had set in before that.

Most fans want Clarke out now, and as soon as possible. And after the dismal performance at Forest, I reckon the players do as well.

Enjoy your three points at the madstad, I'm certain it will bring a big grin to Warnocks face, he hates us lol.

4. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

In answer to Daib0's post on our page

1) How was our summer? The signings looked exciting, looked like we were heading back to the old QPR(with the signings), was buzzing for the new season, but then again aren't we always! Hot talents? After the obvious Austin, Fer & Sandro, we have seemed to have got an amazing talent Hall off the spuds, Chery & Luongo when given a chance and with a little confidence should really be stand outs in this division, sadly they aren't getting the game time they need!

How's the season been? Mostly disappointing to be honest, if you look at the talent at the club we should be up near the top, it just didn't work out for Ramsey it didn't seem like he was up to it consistently making changes when not needed and then not seeing the blindingly obvious changes that needed to be made. Although we are mostly happy enough with Mr Warnock in charge for time being, I for one would like a commitment by the club be that Warnock or another (as long as it's not Sherwood). Predictions at the moment are very difficult although if pushed, from the heart 5th, from the head 10th.

The situation with Clarke (ex chelski) was a bit odd and I don't really know what he was trying to get at, did he want more money personally or more money to spend on the team? Not really kept up to date with your lot however you seem to be similar to ourselves nice little wins followed up by an unexplainable performance and loss.

How do I see the game going? We don't win on Sky, unless we are at Wembley!!! With two massively inconsistent teams who knows 3-3???

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Simply cannot call this TBH.
    Warnock loves banter and the Leeds fans on Saturday really gave him some stick (some quite nasty but what do you expect from that trash), so make sure you give him loads as he thrives on it.
    Re Clark, I cannot understand why he wanted to go to Fulham? The bloke must have had something on his mind.
    It says either something was not right at Reading (which is hard to understand as you were doing so well). Or he looked at Fulham as a better prospect which is also questionable.
    Whatever, he went there for the job, didn't get it and returned to Reading with his tail between his legs.
    For me, he is a dead man walking and you should get rid asap.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Evening Reading fans.
    That was a dire game and a draw was probably the honest result but we have been undone by a late goal lately and it was time we had a bit of luck. It was the usual trip to the madjetski with the usual banter. The fans to our right make me laugh.
    So managers come and go. We get JFH and you get rid of Clark. TBH it's best for Reading because what he did with the Fulham u turn was disrespectful to your club. I bet he feels a right plank this morning. I wanted to keep colin but our board think different. time will tell.
    Best of luck for rest of season :emoticon-0148-yes:

daib0 likes this.