1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Redknapp Court Case

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

class manager at a class club...having thought about it..i do understand why alot of opposition fans feel the need to try to rile the Spurs faithful..its called envy..pure jealousy of the progress we are making...and we havent had a russian gangster or oil thief aiding us...yes i can understand how that would hurt scummy fans of scummy clubs

2. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Great news for Harry and his family. Outstanding loyalty from Levy and the club. What will the bitter WUMs have to write about now?

What they should be worried about is that once again, using public (our) money, (eight million quid's worth,) some pen pusher has had a punt with a case that would never fly (Mandaric had already been found not guilty of tax evasion in another case in October.) If the revenue had invited Harry to negotiate a settlement I am sure he would have, but they saw him as somebody they could make an example of.

With a journalist from a paper so tarnished the proprieter had to close it, as a key witness, they managed to make not one charge stick and became another example, themselves, of poor decision making in public office costing the tax-payer exhorbitant amounts of money. Will anybody resign or be fired because of this? If I cost my employers eight million quid, my feet wouldn't touch the ground. Yet the smug revenue man's statement showed not one ounce of contrition.

3. The Government bailed out a bankrupt banking system using trillions of pounds of our money, putting generations of future children in debt, and still permitting greedy bank managers to rake-in millions of pounds in undeserved bonuses, while credit is systematically withdrawn from ordinary people and businesses go to the wall. The real criminals - politicians, bankers and bent journalists - get away with mistakes that cost you and me, and our future generations, billions and billions of pounds.

And yet, the CPS thought it a shrewd move to pursue an old man, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money, for an alleged sum of approximately £40,000 in unpaid tax! And they lost.

Or am I merely being cynical, here?

4. Kunniaa Kunniaa

Kunniaa Kunniaa New Member

This <applause>

5. Kunniaa Kunniaa

This <applause>

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, it;s the FA - they prefer to go for a Yes Man than somebody who might express an opinion. In other words, they're more likely to bring in Peter Reid, who also ticks the main criteria of being English.

7. loomo

loomo Active Member

Qpr fan in peace

great news about harry and hopefully great new for England one day. Go on and break the North west hold on the Premiership.

8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm very happy that Redknapp's been found not guilty, but the case that the prosecution put forward was a joke.
    I think that the reaction here when they rested was largely, "Is that it?", which turned out to be pretty accurate.

The whole thing reminds me of Liverpool's recent transfer activity: a colossal waste of time and money.

9. <laugh>

Harsh, but fair, I believe.

10. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The second they had a NOTW journalist cited as a reliable, credible and honourable witness, my confidence in the verdict increased tenfold - even moreso when they tried to say that him telling a NOTW journo to sod off is the same as lying to HMRC. I've seen more convincing (yet just as factually-challenged) arguments on here than the prosecution put forward.

11. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

looks like harry has the last laugh
    please log in to view this image
    barking mad to take honest arry to court <laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

HMRC's Chris Martin should be sacked!!

£8 Million of tax payers money wasted by this idiot, and all he could say was "We've no regrets about pursuing this case because it was vitally important that the facts were put before a jury for their consideration." even Harry's dog Rosie, new this was never going anywhere, yet these idiots at the top, both in the London Police service, and HMRC, continued this wild goose chase, on an easy target, for a poultry few thousand pounds, yet they are completely inept at bringing the real corporate crooks to book, who are costing this country billions. How the hell can it be justified in wasting this level of money, simply to hear what a jury would decide! clearly there was no one of any intellectual capacity, at the top, that could see that, this was not justifiable in proceeding. The incompetence at the top in this country, has now become staggering in it's proportions, Harry must have seen these idiots coming a far off, well done Harry, new this would be the outcome. Rant over!...........
    please log in to view this image

13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

As Chirpy rides again and Hoddle Is A God have both said in very clear terms the real issue that people should be getting worked up about is the huge waste of public money by the revenue on this case.

Let's risk 8 million to gain 40,000, with thinking like that I'm glad they don't brew beer or run my football team. No instead they are responsible for raising Britain's income, at least I thought that was their job. Perhaps we should get Carlsberg to raise the revenue.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It's HMRC's legal team that should carry the can, here. Surely they are the ones who are supposed to be the experts on what is a viable prosecution, and what is not. It seems to me that HMRC was looking for something to raise their profile and show the public that they were on top of the large amount of, sometimes dodgy, money going around football. Unfortunately, for them, they picked the wrong target, and have only raised their profile in terms of their incompetence.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It's only taxpayers money, Spurf. Plenty more where that came from, eh?

16. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

It just shows the type of idiots that run the HMRC, CPS and can become a top barrister. Even when presented with this pile of cack, totally proofless accusations, the CPS still made a concious decision to run with this. How intelligent human beings can arrive at such a decision is mindboggling.

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

One joke did amuse me

Spurs have announced that the reserve team will recommence training now that they have completed their jury service.

18. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The thing that really annoyed me with this case was Chris Martin's post-trial interview with the press.
    "Come and see us, before we come and see you"?
    Why? You can't build a ****ing case, you incompetent twat.

19. Kunniaa Kunniaa

I just read that the Redknapp tax trials cost £1.3m so far.

If one assumes that the accused would pay tax is paid at a rate of 40% then to cover that loss the accused would have had to pay tax on earnings of £3.25 million.