1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reid sacked by ridsdale!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by greenjock, Sep 18, 2011.

1. greenjock

greenjock Member

So the scumbag pocketing £20k a month sacks the guy who has not been paid for 10 monyhs, who donates an FA Cup losers medal to raise funds for staff, who paid a heating bill out of his own pocket, who saw every player with any value whatsover sold with no funds to replace them, who with dignity has faced the fans and media and poured his heart out at a time when many would have washed their hands of the **** that goes along with Argyle right now.

I know were 92nd in the football league, but that isn't down to Reidy.

Months ago I questioned whether Peter Reid was the man to lead us back to a higher level and I'm still not sure he would have been, but he should have at least be given time once the mess was sorted out, to prove he was the man.

I salute you for being a gentleman and acting with unbelievable dignity through the darkest times in our 125 year history.

Meanwhile if Peter Ridsdale is still within 50 miles of Home Park once James Brent completes the takeover, I for one will never ever set foot there again.

The favourite for the job? Ridsdales old mate Paul Hart! Thanks but no ****ing thanks!

2. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Really do feel for you Plymouth fans.

Remember coming down to Home Park a few years back (2-2 draw in the Championship) and was a great / friendly little place - You definitely dont deserve to be in this situation and hope you pull through.

In regards to Risdale I think the whole Footballing world understands that you've got the worst Chairman in English Football's most recent History and if its true what you say in the first paragraph it really does make me feel sick...

Apparantly the BBC Website says that he was sacked because its a results business even though there were some "challenges", lets see him become your next Manager - Oh no he cant can he because he knows nothing about Football (or Business it seems for that matter).

Good luck for the rest of the season (P.S. Paul Hart joined us in the summer as Academy Manager so cant see you getting him)

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To say Ridsdale knows nothing about football is not quite true and certainly doesn't help the situation Addick4Life.

Ridsdale is remembered for the things that have gone wrong I agree, but we have had Cardiff fans on here saying that there were some good things that he had achieved.

4. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

Newcastle fan in peace.
    Reading about the sacrifices Reid made for your club makes one sick to the stomach to have heard of his sacking - even remembering he used to manage Sunderland. Think everyone must know by now that the administrators have vested interests.
    Really hope that the fan-backed takeover can be completed sooner rather than later and you guys can recover - I seem to remember it was only a few years ago you made ambitious signings like Mpenza and just missed out on the Champ play-offs! You guys as fans certainly deserved better, I doubt many other clubs would take a full complement of fans as far as you had to take yours when you played us.

Good luck - would be a horrible shame if you did a Luton.

5. greenjock

greenjock Member

Thanks mate. Sorry to slag off Paul Hart but he's not the man for us and the fans would give him a hard time for sure. I wasn't Peter Reids biggest fan for footballing reasons but if we're on the verge of being bought then Reid deserves the chance to show what he can do with some backing. Absolutley disgusting act by an absolutely disgusting man. Maybe if the crooked twat walked away, because he's not wanted and hasn't put in a penny of his own money, then we would save £20k a month and some staff and players could get something every month.

Ridsdale is absolute scum and isn't fit to wipe Peter Reids arse. I just hope he's sent packing by James Brent pretty damn quickly because our dwindling crowds will only get lower with this snake at the helm.

6. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

OMG I'm in total shock ! Risdale you are scum ! Get the hell away from our club !

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

Plymborn, a couple of Cardiff fans said that even though he was a crook, he did some good. Dozens and dozens and dozens of Leeds and Cardiff fans, amongst others, have voiced their concerns for us because Ridsdale had wormed his way into our club. And when 606 was up and running, dozens and dozens more told us what an asshole he is. He is like Del Boy trying to wheel and deal to make himself a fast buck and gain power, without ever ever laying out a penny of his own money. These people experineced him at first hand for a long period of time. They know what he is and what he is capable of. I've commented on his business blog, along with many other Argyle fans and he just avoids awkaward questions and replies to the odd post praising him.

Remember his shark like grin and the champagne being handed to fans just a couple of weeks ago? Looked good for Sky Sports when all along we were being further ****ed over. I despise this guy and all he stands for, and I did a long time before he showed his grinning mug at Home Park.

8. BYeee

BYeee Guest

I cannot remember who posted on here some time ago, but the post said:

" Reid has got 10 games"

Not wrong.

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Ridsdale should never have been allowed near a football club after the Leeds farce, really do feel for you guys, good supporters just hope things get sorted out and you stay in the Football League.

10. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

That was me oldnick and that lying cheating scumbag Risdale has had this planned before the start of the season !

11. sfc94

sfc94 Member

Risdale is an idiot. I feel for Plymouth, Risdale doesn't realise how lucky you were to have Peter Reid.

12. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Addick incoming...

Appalling treatment of a very dignified and dedicated man IMO - surely the last person to blame for your current predicament.

Love Home Park and have seen some great games between our clubs over the years.

Good luck for the rest of the season, on and off the pitch.

13. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with you guys, I lived in Plymouth for 2 years many years ago and been to plenty of games there just to get my footy fix , it's sad to see you guys in the same position as the swans 8 years ago, 92nd in the league and looking to go to liquidation.

We pulled through in no small part of us the fans, we got a supporters trust that now own 20% of the club, never shall we be in the same position, I hope that the same can be done with Plymouth , I wish you guys all the best , and looking at the OP opening post it's made me so angry at the riddler twat!

14. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

excuse my invasion but on whose authority did ridsdale have to sack peter reid. i suspect he will not be out of a job for long. your manager and players without wages for 10 months and all the worries about mortgages and bank balances, surely cannot have much time for concentrating on football. what on earth is ridsdale doing, there must be a fanbase protest against ridsdale and for the reinstatement of reid. i blame the whole debacle on gutless guilfoyle who has allowed plymouth argyle to drift for 6 months. he is a disgrace to accountancy and should be sacked. you now need a full enquiry by the FL, pfa and managers union

15. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

No great surprise there is a huge outpouring of angst and opinion on these boards and PASOTI given the news 2 hours ago.But what we are seeing is the two faces of football:firstly the hard nosed board decision to change managers now to give us time for a fighting chance to avoid a third straight relegation.Secondly:the emotive heart felt response from the fanbase either for or against the decision made.We will only know if Reids sacking was the best decision,if someone else comes in and turns it around quickly,if Reid was able to turn it around we will never know.

16. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We cannot afford three consecutive relegations.........whoever gets the job needs maximum time to sought out this on field shambols..........young players should be able to soak-up good coaching..........Busbys babes were young inexperience players and good coaching brought them through from being just raw talent........I was proud to have seen them a few times in my youth.

17. greens_are_good_for_you

18. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

my worst fear is that your players will give up the fight without reidy, i suspect ridsdale and whoever is pulling his strings has condemned argyle to an even lower league. thankfully there are 7+ months for someone to pull things round. could vivien pengelley take over managing argyle

19. greenjock

greenjock Member

Unfortunately the squad we have are more like the jelly babies than the busby babes! They're out of their depth and getting battered every week is damaging them. Thanks Greens i'll be firing off a greenjock special right now. Probably get a knock on my door from the Police for abuse but **** me i'll enjoy knowing the twat read it

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll help bail you out Greenjock and it will be worth every penny ! Have emailed him myself lol