1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reid sacked by ridsdale!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by greenjock, Sep 18, 2011.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

C'mon people....everyones really sick to the teeth at the moment but threatening to boycott matches etc will prove nothing, least of all will send bad vibes to the players even more. This is when the club needs the real supporters, so follow Mrs. Reid's quote....'A football club is for life not just the glory'. <ok> :emoticon-0165-muscl <cool>

2. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL CLUB is more important than any individual person.

It is the one thing that will stay constant.

If it plays it's football in the Premiership so be it.

If it plays it's football in the Championship so be it.

If it plays it's football in League one so be it.

If it plays it's football in League two so be it.

If it plays it's football in a lower league so be it.

If it plays it's football on the local recreation ground so be it.

All the great players of the past, Tynan,Mariner,Rafferty,Wotton,Coughlan,Norris,Buzsaky,Jack Cock,Sammy Black,Wilf Carter, Moses Russell,Mickey Evans,Friio,Halmosi etc...etc...etc many more that I havn't mentioned have come and gone....yet at the end of the day the one constant is PAFC.

All the managers that have past through this club such as......starting with Frank Brettell in 1903. Jimmy Rae.Jack Rowley,Ellis Stuttard,Malcom Allison,Tony Waiters,Billy Bingham,Bobby Saxton,David Kemp,Peter Shilton,Neil Warnock,Paul Sturrock and Peter Reid have all tried to influence the development of PAFC over the years,have come and gone,yet at the end of the day what remains........PAFC.

So Peter Reid as joined that line of past Argyle men.....and you can guarrantee that Peter Ridsdale will sooner or later join that list as well.......but at the end of the day what will remain......PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL CLUB.

Having been a supporter for sixty years mostly from a distance, I have had my hero's on and off the pitch during that time, I have also had my dislikes as well, that goes for everyone who follows their team.........PAFC have had their goodtimes and badtimes of course.

At the end of the day optimism should be in every supporters heart and the hope that is around the corner that is wished for.

Look at it this way.........as a MAN U supporter what have you got........possibly the fear that you wont win the League next year.....how awful to live on a knife edge like that.

With Argyle we can be optimistic that good times might be just around the corner........it's not the mess that you see now that you are supporting it's above that, it is the hope of your team which is PLYMOUTH ARGYLE......long may they live, keep on supporting the PILGRIMS,not just those that are just passing through for awhile.

5. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

It is clearly a despicable act by a despicable person. I have withheld judgement on Ridsdale until now as I thought he might be part of the solution. It's now clear he is part of the problem! I agreed with Jock's opening salvo - I don't know if Peter Reid was the man to lead us back up the leagues but certainly believe he should have been given the chance. I can only hope that Ridsdale is made to walk as soon as Brent takes over.

6. Get your jiggle out

Emotions are running high at the moment... It's good to see some real passion, albeit from a small minority of Plymouthonians.

I've got real mixed emotions on this one. I think it's a pure case of not letting our hearts rule our heads. Did anyone here honestly see us scoring a goal anytime in the near future? Let alone getting a win.. Whilst this is not down to Reid, I can't help but feel his tactics sometimes did not help. He's a top top man and will always be held in the absolute highest regard (f*ck it even a hero) by 100% of Argyle fans, but in stark reality, with not a glimmer of hope of getting a win anytime soon something had to change. And whilst it pains me to say it, purely from a football point of view it was the correct descision IMO.

7. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

I agree something had to change but perhaps a sorting out of the financial mess, paying staff and players and bringing in a decent striker would have been a good place to start. Removing Reid seems wrong - who better is going to take over a club in our position?

8. Get your jiggle out

Carl Fletcher apparently!

9. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Reid has been fantastic for us during these hard times and as such this seems callous and dis-loyal however 1 point from 9 games..... Something had to change and from the last few comments I have read from Reidy he seemed to be at a loss as to what to do. No new players coming in so it has to be new ideas/management and hope that will start getting us results. Sir PR will always be held in high asteem by all Plymouth fans but sometimes the head has to rule the heart and it just wasn´t working on the pitch this season. Hopefully whoever takes charge can turn things around and find the formula to get us some points. Happy about it no but I can see why it was done and in someways agree with the decision. Due to Sir Peters behaviour whilst in charge here there would never have been a time when it seemed right to sack him however nearly a quarter of the season gone, 1 point and just a couple of goals.........

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Reids record.............1pt from a possible 36 in his last 12 league matches.

His League record from the beginning is.........15 won.......8 drawn.........32 defeats............Ok he was handicapped during that time..............but I do feel that the players he had before last Christmas were capable, but did not perform and didn't have any urgency to battle on.........and should have accumulated enough points by then to have overcome a 10pt deduction.

11. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Ridsdale is a fool, he gets rid of Reid, a proven manager and for what Larriou & Fletcher??? With all due respect to these players THEY HAVE NO MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE! Couldn't we have held onto Reidy at least until we had a replacement MANAGER.

UP PISS COULDN'T A ORGANISE A BREWERY IN (rearange)

<steam><steam><steam>

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

rearrange.............to profound for a simple lad like me Mrs Reid.

13. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

One thing you have to give Risdale credit for is that he will make the hard unpopular decisions.

bewery up in a piss couldn´t a organise? Did I get it right RAAI?

14. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

If I did't know better I'd say he was deliberately ballsing (polite version) up our club for his own benefit.

Still hopping mad <steam>

15. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

pretty **** thing to do you seem to be getting hit every time a glimmer of hope presents itself
    keep going lads boycott isn't the answer just keep the green flag flying we're all behind you

16. greenjock

greenjock Member

Thanks guys. Seriously the support we have received from fans all over the country, with special mention to the Toon Army and Brighton, is amazing. Rivalry is one thing but nobody wants to see another club go under, with the possible exception of Thunderballs. If and when we get through this mess a few beers in the Pilgramage Bar will be in order.

17. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just noticed Mrs Reid's rearrange post above. Do you know that if you rearrange one letter in FLETCHER you get FELTCHER. Arse licker in the extreme it seems.

18. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

He'll be gone along with Larrieu within 6 months you watch Sensible !

19. greenjock

greenjock Member

There are a load of "travellers" looking for a nice bit of land in Leeds they can live on. What was Ridsdale's e-mail address again? Or even better his mansion address?

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

He'd put out a press release that because he is such a kind man he invited them to stay lol