1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Remembering..

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by J๏E.., Jan 13, 2020.

1. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

What about a crowdfunding page to raise the money for a private operation

BobbyD, Tobes and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I hear yer bruv, and believe me when I say, the same thought had crossed my mind. However, if I'm understanding this correctly and apologies if I've got this completely wrong in understanding - The medical problem is his breathing, and until that improves, he'd not be fit enough for the Op, even if it was available. Basically your lungs have to be in good working order, before they can go near your heart, because you will need putting on a ventilator, I assume. I thought they did things such as oxygen tests etc. Someone please correct me if I have this all wrong.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I read it the same way. That he can't undergo an op because it's too risky for him. Really hope he pulls though, one of life's good guys is Joe.

brb likes this.
  4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’m pretty sure Joe said he had COPD, so I’m afraid you’re right mate.

brb likes this.
  5. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Barely know him but he seems like a truly nice genuine fella.

Horrible to hear this, truly hope everything works out <ok>

6. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Well that sucks
    All he wants to do is take care of his girls.. But i've known Joe for a long time, and he'll keep fighting.

Tobes and FosseFilberto like this.
  7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Thinking of you Joe ... stay strong buddy <ok>

8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

He's a strong willed mofo..

I've known a whole lot them down the years, through this board....Been **** the last year or 2....Grandpos, Burley and Billy...

I still miss Billy, as i knew him in real life. The ****ing lightweight<laugh>

All mentioned knew each other well (in or out of this board)...

gooner4ever and FosseFilberto like this.
  9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Joseph Mandingo. Hope you’re doing ok bro. If you pop your head in and read this just know me and the rest of your homies are thinking bout ya. <ok>

10. brb

brb CR250

I think he was expecting to have his Op around now, when he last posted on Comm's charity thread. I'm sure he was saying or hoping Mid September.

PINKIE likes this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Joe’s been in touch lads, says he’s had another delay for the op but sends his best to all the lads on here. Hopefully he’ll be back amongst it in no time. <ok>

12. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Joe !

duggie2000, brb and gooner4ever like this.
  13. Unfortunately, Joe is a victim of the obsession with the coronavirus. Tragically, he is one of an increasing number that now rank in their thousands.

It is despicable what our Government is doing to us.

14. brb

brb CR250

Ok, I might be speaking out of turn here, so I will apologise to Joe if I am.

HiaG, as I understood, and how I've understood it all along, was Joe's delay was due to his lungs, basically oxygen levels. Now I'm not going into why I know this stuff, but if your lungs are not up to it, then you can't have a heart op. The only thing I don't know is if covid has created any delay around this.

I'm just mystified, to why you are drawing Joe into your view about covid, unless he has privately told you something, we haven't read on the forum or unless I missed a convo on here.

I'll end my say there with you.

BobbyD likes this.

15. I know three people who have had heart surgery delayed. Naturally, the doctors are not going to say “it’s because of coronavirus” so neither I nor anyone else can state that as fact. All we can do is express an opinion.

But the fact is that waiting lists for heart surgery have doubled since the obsession with this virus began, and the delays are expected to increase exponentially in the coming months.

You might not think there is a link between the obsession with coronavirus and delay in life saving surgery for other ailments, but I do.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yes it was as you describe. Joe said that his operation was delayed because his heart and lungs were in poor shape and the Dr’s didn’t want to risk it.

Not sure if there’s been any update on that. But don’t think it’s got anything to do with COVID. That’s just hiag drawing false parallels again to peruse his agenda with all of this.

Tobes and brb like this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

Whoa hold up fella, what has anything you just said, got to do with Joe, unless he has told you something privately, I think it's a bit much drawing conclusion without knowing the facts. You've litterally completely ignored everything I just said to you, disgraceful.

gooner4ever and Tobes like this.
  18. brb

brb CR250

That's how I understood it Piskie. <ok>

PINKIE likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It feels a bit crass talking about somebody else’s medical conditions on here without them being present in the convo, so I’m not going to elaborate on that anymore.

Suffice to say that yes, COVID has impacted on health care delivery, of course it has. But Joe told us quite clearly about the circumstances of why his op is delayed.

gooner4ever and brb like this.
  20. brb

brb CR250

I think it's disgusting, there was no way I could let that ride without reply. It may well be true, but i'd prefer to hear it from Joe than a third party, that has not given us any insight, to why he has decided to bring Joe into this. ie such as saying 'Joe informed me behind PM' or 'did you not see Joe's comment on the forum here.'

Like you stated and I felt the same, that it was a 'crass' remark.

Tobes likes this.