1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rennes game. A win would see us in a really great place.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Yet another biggie.Rennes were incredibly unlucky at our place with some really terrible decisions from the ref going against them. That they kept their chins up and still tried to play says plenty for their character. So for sure at their place it won't be easy. Hope Frank doesn't set us up to "not lose" instead going for the win.
    On that basis, here's my 2 bobs worth.
    Mendy
    James Silva Rudiger Dave
    Kante
    Mount Havertz
    Ziyech Werner CHO
    Subs Willy, Zouma, Kovacic, Gilmour Abraham, Oli.

Blueman likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Qualified for knock outs...happy days ! Now let's do Spurs and start believing this season could be a biggie !!!

Blueman likes this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Almost blew it, but snuck home.
    Werner needs either a rest or lots of practice, he missed 1 sitter 1 comfortable shot and 2 "would normally score" chances. CHO was excellent, and took his chance brilliantly, well done.
    Chilwell I though was dreadful all game, but he's allowed a stinker occasionally, and after we pummelled Rennes for 50 mins, they discovered they could run straight through our midfield ,and did so for a very uncomfortable 30 mins before equalising. Frank as is often the case, was too slow with his subs, and left the main culprit on the pitch.
    The sooner he works out his best line up the better, and Jorginho shouldn't be in it, so we desperately need Gilmour starting more often, and Jorginho replacing with a proper player ASAP.
    In the end, 3 great points but a weird and unsettling performance.
    Spurs will be a far tougher game, hope we get the line up right and the subs on earlier if needed.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

That was a shower of ****e to be honest. Ze Slug seemed disinterested and doesn't care. Chilwell was awful. Werner did a Bakayoko impression, Dave showed us how good James is and the rest were mediocre at best (Mount Eddie CHO and Silva excluded they played quite well). I have said this numerous times Werner is hopeless at passing, and from what I have seen so far then the German league must have the most useless defenders in Europe if Werner was a prolific goal scorer over there. Ze Slug for my money should not be in Franks plans, he is slow to the level that everyone else slows down to cater for him, negative just doesn't do it justice, the bloke looks like he's running in treacle. Zouma was doing well until he got the wrong side from a corner that they scored from. Near the end of games it's when defenders need to concentrate even more but alas nobody got goal side which is a prerequisite from corners. Once the subs came on we improved but it was too late, as it nearly cost us the game. Therefore Zyech has to start against Spuds so too, Kante and James. Spuds are purring under Jose at the moment we will need to bring at our best or we will be embarrassed.

Naas Blue likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Good summary. It looked as if Frank got the team right for the first 25 minutes or so, but then the spark went out. Maybe a bit of tiredness from Werner and Zouma, Tammy also off the pace a bit, though Mount went well. Good call re "better brakes", everyone does slow to his pace and then it's a mogodon fest. We look a ton better with Kante behind 2 attacking free runners like Mount and Havertz, plus CHO is in good form and Pulisic to return apparently.
    Trust we will all be up for Spurs, they have looked pretty damned good recently, but then so have we. Should be a cracker and another big test for both sides really.

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes can't wait to see Gilmour play again.

He should feature in CL games now we have qualified

7. Chelsea Pensioner

I think he will ,along with the youngsters like Tomori who has not had a proper run yet.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Really liked Tomori when he first came into side

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Tomori Gilmour James Pulisic Gallagher Mount Havertz I think will make it. RLC Tammy CHO I have my doubts