1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Respect

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by swans-cartoonhead, Feb 2, 2019.

1. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Haven't posted for a while but felt I had to come back and comment today.

Classy tribute at the ground and have to say that the way the club and fans have conducted themselves throughout the whole tragic episode has been magnificent.

Some things are far more important than petty club rivalries and Cardiff FC and the fans have reminded us all what is really important. I have watched a recording of the pre match several times; the fans holding up the coloured cards, Warnock barely holding back the tears, and I can honestly say that it really moved me.

Respect Cardiff, respect!

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Welcome back SCH. Good to hear from you. <ok>.

swans-cartoonhead likes this.
  3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

There was a similar tribute at Nantes on Wednesday who did their player proud. A few bluebirds made that game with their banner.
    I just hope a successful search can be concluded so closure can be sought.

Don't be a stranger cartoonhead.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can say without doubt that was the most emotional atmosphere I've experienced at the CCS - and probably from memory even at NP previoulsy.

The Leicester game was very poignant straight after their tragedy, but that last evening was on a different level - maybe because it was more "personal".

Absolute class from club and fans especially at the beginning and at the end, but for the whole experience of the match on the pitch, the class of our players was superb. Huge tribute to Sala from all those at CCFC, club, players and fans who fought for that win together.

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

cartoon wise words always spoken with dignity and human empathy, it’s always a pleasure to converse with you dude and for you to turn up after years of not posting is truly a sign your a good egg and I love you too bits.

Was a very emotional night and I think I’d bottled it up and it came out at the game yesterday......now my hopes are they find the wreckage and the families can mourn and bring closure to what was a tragic accident.

Anyway brilliant to hear from you dude and like it’s already been said don’t be a stranger you’ll will always be welcome here my friend

6. swans-cartoonhead

I can only imagine how emotional it was in the stadium mate; as I said, I was welling up just watching on YouTube. Really felt for Warnock; he looked absolutely devastated - have always had a lot of time for the guy, a really genuine 'what you see is what you get' football man. Remember when he was managing Crystal Palace and we drew 1-1 at the Liberty (think it was 2014), he shook hands with every Swans player as they left the pitch after the game - a true gent, not many like him in the game unfortunately.

Anyway, hope you and yours are doing well mate and will certainly pop by here now and again - be a nice diversion from the **** show that is my Swansea City at the minute - just can't trust them Yanks! ;)

7. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Warnock has been good as gold with us dude.......before he came 2 us I didn't have much time for him but i must admit i was totally wrong on the man.

all my crew are fine and dandy dude.........hope yours are doing well and all.

pop in dude there will always be a welcome for you here.......and your right never trust a yank>>>>>>>>money mad scumbags

8. swans-cartoonhead

Have always liked Warnock but he has gone way up in my estimation.

My lot doing well mate, and congratulation on another three points today - Cardiff are gonna be fine this season. All the best mate.

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We are all Wolves Supporters Tonight.....<ok>

10. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Thanks gents.